Need full capabilities of Planner in Teams
Right now you can add a new tab for Planner in Teams. However, you are not afforded all the capabilities of Planner in this tab. Its really "Planner Lite." Here are some items you cannot do with Planner in Teams:
1) If you create a Planner in Teams, it will not be shown in Planner itself!
2) you can go to the group (in web outlook) wich is automatically created for the team and click there on planner and it will take you to the planner for the new group, which then cannot be displayed at teams, but the team was the purpose for the group in the first place?!
3) You cannot import a previous Planner into teams; you must recreate manually
4) Planner tasks do not sync from Planner to Teams
5) You can't get reminders for your Planner tasks in Teams
6) You can't choose different views (charts, etc.) of Planners when in Teams
7) You can't group by Progress of Planner items when in Teams
8) No view of Planner Hub
Please integrate Planner in Teams better and integrate Teams in Planner better!!
The last item in the original list, #5, is covered in https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17017147-notification-for-planner-tasks. That one (planner task notifications) is currently in internal testing with a target for release in early Q2.
Because there are many different requests in the comments which makes it hard to update and track status of individual items, we are marking this completed, and will user individual UserVoice items to track any further Planner integration. If you have suggestions in the comments below that don’t have an existing UserVoice item, please feel free to create one.
385 commentsComments are closed
Robert Rimbach commented
Fully agree to the previews comments.
Want do add one thing:
In "normal" Planner I can add documents, etc. to tasks.
This will not work in "Team" Planner tasks.
James Ward commented
This is a massive oversight - the Planner plans and Teams plans are completely isolated from each other.
Planner hub is brilliant and sorely missing from Teams, and the way this is going basically suggests that you abandon Planner altogether.
3 Things need to happen:
- Planner plans to be shown in Teams
- Teams plans to be shown in Planner (eg: Groupname - Planname)
- Planner hub page to be a tab in Teams.
I see this has the ability of multiple plans/team, but with no way to oversee all of them in one place (wither in Teams or Planner - ideally both) it makes it completely unmanageable.
Stephen Vidulich commented
Yeah me too ... its great to be able to create a Planner per channel, and hopefully multiple, but when you go to Planner itself it doesn't show any of them.
Mike Bird commented
Yes, having the same issue here. I tested this just to validate. Create a plan inside Teams and it won't appear in the Planner web app however when you assign a task to yourself that will appear in the Planner web app. If you create a plan inside the Planner web app you won't see it inside the Planner tab inside Teams. It looks like these two products are not fully integrated and in sync with each other.
Only your assignments (in my assignments) are shown not the Planner itself. Please add these new Planers also tho the Planner lists