Need full capabilities of Planner in Teams
Right now you can add a new tab for Planner in Teams. However, you are not afforded all the capabilities of Planner in this tab. Its really "Planner Lite." Here are some items you cannot do with Planner in Teams:
1) If you create a Planner in Teams, it will not be shown in Planner itself!
2) you can go to the group (in web outlook) wich is automatically created for the team and click there on planner and it will take you to the planner for the new group, which then cannot be displayed at teams, but the team was the purpose for the group in the first place?!
3) You cannot import a previous Planner into teams; you must recreate manually
4) Planner tasks do not sync from Planner to Teams
5) You can't get reminders for your Planner tasks in Teams
6) You can't choose different views (charts, etc.) of Planners when in Teams
7) You can't group by Progress of Planner items when in Teams
8) No view of Planner Hub
Please integrate Planner in Teams better and integrate Teams in Planner better!!
The last item in the original list, #5, is covered in https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17017147-notification-for-planner-tasks. That one (planner task notifications) is currently in internal testing with a target for release in early Q2.
Because there are many different requests in the comments which makes it hard to update and track status of individual items, we are marking this completed, and will user individual UserVoice items to track any further Planner integration. If you have suggestions in the comments below that don’t have an existing UserVoice item, please feel free to create one.
385 commentsComments are closed
With Planner in Teams I do not seem to be able to add Attachments to the Planner card. I cannot copy and paste a URL or copy a Sharepoint link. A file cannot be added as an attachment.
I'd like to be able to @mention someone in a Planner Task and have them notified.
Lisa Murmann commented
hi Im with Alexander A. and what he is flagging
We need full integration between plan task comments and conversations.
- You should be able to select if the planner comments go to group email or "team conversation" and in which channel eg https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/34478161-sync-conversation-threads-with-planner-comments
Without this you again have a gap and a reason why the team go outside Teams - where in reality you want them to stay inside teams.
- The ability to create task from conversation in team and vice versa.
Hi Suphatra, when creating a new Team, please could you make the process of "activating" OneNote and Planner less convoluted. Currently, you have to go into SharePoint and click on Notebook to activate OneNote[by the way, why two different names for the same thing?], then add it as a tab to the Team. For Planner it's different again, you have to open Planner in O365, go to All, find the Planner with the same name as your Team, open it up, wait a few minutes while it does its thing (in my case anyway), then return to the Team, do the + process to add it as a tab. There must be a neater way of hooking these tools together. Since they are nearly automatically there, how about just adding them as default tabs, like Files [which are called called Files in Teams but Documents in SharePoint sites - again, why the two different names?]. Thanks!
Tiago Freire commented
While you are at it, Changing tasks to other buckets as both triggers and actions using Microsoft Flow is welcome (currently they do not exist).
Implementing Flow actions and triggers related to this new functionality where applicable would be nice as well.
Mike Hofer commented
In a task, I can't seem to create a link to a file that I uploaded to a folder within my team.
For example, if my team is named "Foo", and the Files tab as a folder named "Bar", there doesn't seem to be a way to create a link to the file "Baz.txt" in the "Bar" folder. Instead, Planner directs me to a root-level folder in Sharepoint that has nothing whatsoever to do with my team.
Further, if I paste a copied link to the file in the dialog, Planner tells me that the URL is invalid, and I can't save it.
This functionality *should* be there, and its absence is extraordinarily frustrating. Please fix it.
[Deleted User] commented
It could be nice, if you can park your project somehow, instead of having to create a new bucket and moving it there.
Alexander A. commented
Thank you Suphatra for you update! Here are my top Teams-Planner requests:
== Planner: Allow chats on tasks in planner ==
== Create Planner item from Thread ==
== Integrate Planner tasks in global search ==
== Tag Teammates in Planner Cards & Push Notifications ==
Jimmy Sjölund commented
Well, as MS just killed the idea of Teams for Linux we no longer have any use of these features either ...
And it will be great to have the possibility to add a file in a task directly in Teams
Great to read how fervently you have been working on the topics.
In addition I'd really like to add better support of languages and date formats. When in Germany I want to run in English (working globally), however seeing dates in (DD.MM.YYYY).
Bernd Holzwarth commented
how about "priorities". Because ervery organisation or person has it's own priority classifications, it would be nice to be able to edit the classes: "hight", "middle", "low" or may be "A", "B", "C" and "D", or any other. So the user should be able to Change the "wording" of the class as well as the amount of classes.
thx so far!
Ahmed Salam commented
Need to add the following features to Planner:
1. Once project is completes it should be able to mark it as completed or achieved. Now list of all Planner groups / Outlook groups keeps on growing ..endlessly...
2. For Task need to be able to add sub-tasks
3. For tasks need to be able to Responsible person and Followers....Not multiple responsible person....
4. When commented on the task need to be able to choose to whom the comment need to be notified.
5. Need to be able to take performance report by task wise, assigned user wise for completed tasks, for ongoing tasks and for late tasks too
Here is a list of Planner-related features I would like to see in Teams:
- Visible shortcut (not hidden under ellipses) to Planner app in left navigation bar
- Direct link from task in Planner app to associated bucket in Teams channel (currently only a direct link to Planner online at the bottom of the task page)
- Include Planner tasks and content in results of Teams search (top search bar)
- Include video tutorials in Help section of Planner app in Teams
hi, I am not sure whether this has been included, the planner should have the basic project management capability - Main Project - able to break it into sub projects, Assignment/Group of assignees are designates, tracking the activity timeline related to the project/task with notification of due date etc. Most of the features are there, just would like it to have seamless and integrated with calendar and such.
1) Ability to make planner public or cross-team visible at the least
2) link files already uploaded in Teams to the to do list as attachments
3) integrate planner into the chat window better, so you can create or convert a chat into a task on planner, like Glip does so so so well
Hi Suphatra, need a capability to hide a Column once all the tasks in that deposit have been donde.
Please enable attach file to the tasks, it is quite time consuming to upload something to files, than grab the link and than attach a link to a task every time I have a deliverable related to a task.
Additionally, it would be great if the Files from a certain channel with a planner integrated to it, would automatically organize my task attachments in one folder related to the Planner.