How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Need full capabilities of Planner in Teams

Right now you can add a new tab for Planner in Teams. However, you are not afforded all the capabilities of Planner in this tab. Its really "Planner Lite." Here are some items you cannot do with Planner in Teams:

1) If you create a Planner in Teams, it will not be shown in Planner itself!
2) you can go to the group (in web outlook) wich is automatically created for the team and click there on planner and it will take you to the planner for the new group, which then cannot be displayed at teams, but the team was the purpose for the group in the first place?!
3) You cannot import a previous Planner into teams; you must recreate manually
4) Planner tasks do not sync from Planner to Teams
5) You can't get reminders for your Planner tasks in Teams
6) You can't choose different views of Planners when in Teams
7) You can't see progress of Planner items when in Teams
8) No view of Planner Hub

Please integrate Planner in Teams better and integrate Teams in Planner better!!

2,906 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AlexanderAlexander shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

213 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm fine with going out to the Planner in O365 for more advanced Planner functionality. What I'm not fine with is no synchronization between planner tabs setup in team channels and in Planner itself. The only channel that seems to be readily viewable in Planner O365 is that in the General channel of a given team. I work on a team with roughly 20 people on distinct workstreams, and it becomes a headache to keep all workstreams' tasks in the General channel alone.

Teams is brilliant, but this requested feature is essential. Please do full capabilities of Planner in Teams, with TEMPLATES for Planner. Thank you.

• HolgerHolger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really need to be able to view by assigned employee like in the web interface. This is the only reason we are not using Teams right now.

• MairinMairin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"If I switch from Teams Planner to Planner in O365 I atleast expect that tasks from one version carry over to / are synched with the other version. WIthout proper synching, planner in Teams is absolutely useless."

I agree!! Planner needs to sync across Teams Desktop and the web browser.

I could live with a later full integration of Planner features into Teams.
        BUT: If I switch from Teams Planner to Planner in O365 I atleast expect that tasks from one version carry over to / are synched with the other version. WIthout proper synching, planner in Teams is absolutely useless. (For better integration see the way, OneNote is integrated with Teams).

• SamirSamir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought I liked the idea of having multiple plans in one team channel but then when I go to the Planner interface (to get stats etc) I can only see ONE under that team name. The only way to get to the others is by opening full site from MS Teams... where are these other plans and how do I get to them within Planner to be able to get a whole Team view?

• Jackie OrlandoJackie Orlando commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition -- There should be a way to see an aggregated view of all planner tasks in subchannels of a parent group. We are using a Team to manage a program of projects with channels for the individual projects. Lack of this capability prevents having a singular view of all work from a program level.

Also - creating a new plan in planner should NOT automatically create an entire new group with a sharepoint space, calendar, etc etc. Not every plan needs all these bells and whistles -- this should be optional.

Proper integration with Planner would be ideal, along with the capability to not only check on an aggregated view of my tasks across all Plans, but also be be able to view other people's aggregated tasks.

• SebastianSebastian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just don´t understand how anyone can design a project management tool or "Team management" tool without having the main focus on the possibility of the delegation of tasks. This is one of the key features of such a tool. Sharing files and chatting is fine and for the delegation of tasks I can implement trello or asana to teams as they have that feature. Why should I not stay completely at trello or asana then, as they offer everything else as well.
        This is such an imortant function that I don´t understand why this needs a connection to planner at all and is not a feature of teams itself.

You obviously used Planner and Teams yourself as this 2 identical tasks are once "planned" and once "working on it" ;)

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17139317-tie-team-environment-to-planner

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16926463-need-full-capabilities-of-planner-in-teams

sorry for typos and spelling -- german --- don´t know better

• Power HelyPower Hely commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are shifting to O365 specifically because of C-Suite interest in Teams and Planner. If these two features aren't going to be able to work well together, then I may need to put the brakes on the shift...

• BryanBryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been planned for 9 months?
        I can see tasks in MY Tasks for items assigned to me in the Teams planner, but cannot edit them there. Have to navigate back to Teams to work on a plan.

At the very least, we should be able to sort tasks by Planner and easily sync up PowerBI so we can create planner dashboards

Our development team has a planner. In the management team we have a channel development to which I want to add the development planner

Deleting of tasks in Planner

If you delete a task in planner now it doesnt send any notification to anyone. So employees can delete tasks they dont like without anyone knowing.

• NilsNils commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there an update on this? Its a much needed capability to see the tasks on the mobile app.

• AbdulAbdul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love planner and teams, however the 2 working in partial isolation does not help much. It would be really great if these two products are fully integrated. To be able to access my tasks created in Teams from planner Hub and viz would be a lot more beneficial.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base