How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Need full capabilities of Planner in Teams

Right now you can add a new tab for Planner in Teams. However, you are not afforded all the capabilities of Planner in this tab. Its really "Planner Lite." Here are some items you cannot do with Planner in Teams:

1) If you create a Planner in Teams, it will not be shown in Planner itself!
2) you can go to the group (in web outlook) wich is automatically created for the team and click there on planner and it will take you to the planner for the new group, which then cannot be displayed at teams, but the team was the purpose for the group in the first place?!
3) You cannot import a previous Planner into teams; you must recreate manually
4) Planner tasks do not sync from Planner to Teams
5) You can't get reminders for your Planner tasks in Teams
6) You can't choose different views of Planners when in Teams
7) You can't see progress of Planner items when in Teams
8) No view of Planner Hub

Please integrate Planner in Teams better and integrate Teams in Planner better!!

3,394 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Alexander shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

228 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ropoda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with others. At the very least, get 1) done asap. That is really just basic and essential feature to make Teams and Planner work together.

Otherwise, you are really FORCING every one of us (your value customers) to choose one way or the other. When you have to manage projects/tasks every day, it is really a terrible situation to be in.

• Dxb D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A full year later of microsoft taking our money and still do not have a product that delivers what their marketing promotes. Biggest software company in the world slowest in delivering features that customers NEED to make their business MORE productive. We want to empower every person and organisation......big LOL. More like we want to infuriate every user and charge them for the pleasure.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need an extra icon on the right that shows your Planner tasks like the My Tasks does online. Need to integrate this with To Do as well - so that you can see tasks created in Planner in your To Do feeds via outlook or in the To Do app.

Unworkable as it still cant link back to planner to integrate multiple plan to one team or from planner create a team - i create a team and it cant find all the plans that has already been created...

Please could you work on linking the two products up so it can be used in a day to day environment.

• Steven Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So much that teams do revolves around planning, better integration with planner would be a huge win. I also saw there was another suggestion for planner itself to support calendar views, which would also be very nice.

It is very sad that this issue is still not available. I have just created a bunch of plans in Teams to find out they are not available in Planner. Then it is not impossible to copy plans. Sad.

Planner also needs the ability to edit task states. We need more options than not started, in progress, and complete.

• LarryN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Planned 11/2016? Think we are overdue for an update. This feature is beyond confusing, and limiting. With MS Project <--> Planner integrations, there is such a powerful use case that is to be had. Sadly if we can't tie Teams conversation to all of this, what is the point?

• Ype commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As said before, if Planner in Teams does not sync to Planner in O365 and the mobile app, it's useless to roll out in our organization. It's going to raise more questions/concerns than we can handle.

• jo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We start too use Teams and Planner then this works.........

Planner <--> Teams

:)

• Philip Noble commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is absolutely essential for us to start using teams, I thought added the website itself would act as a workaround but that only shows through the desktop app, not the web version

Well 11 month ago. I think this was planned on UserVoice Team and Dev's Team can't see it !

• Nick Duxfield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just stumbled on this, I really thought i snookered myself at first and decided to not delete the channel to dig. It was just wishful thinking with what I was searching for in regards to posts of a similar issue that I could not complete grasp.
        I must say, if you fix some of these odd things that I can't easily explain in my on-boarding I will be over the moon.

• Sami Atieh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need Planner notifications and comments sent to Team Conversations. Just like they are in Outlook Groups.

I'm fine with going out to the Planner in O365 for more advanced Planner functionality. What I'm not fine with is no synchronization between planner tabs setup in team channels and in Planner itself. The only channel that seems to be readily viewable in Planner O365 is that in the General channel of a given team. I work on a team with roughly 20 people on distinct workstreams, and it becomes a headache to keep all workstreams' tasks in the General channel alone.

Teams is brilliant, but this requested feature is essential. Please do full capabilities of Planner in Teams, with TEMPLATES for Planner. Thank you.

• Holger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really need to be able to view by assigned employee like in the web interface. This is the only reason we are not using Teams right now.

• Mairin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"If I switch from Teams Planner to Planner in O365 I atleast expect that tasks from one version carry over to / are synched with the other version. WIthout proper synching, planner in Teams is absolutely useless."

I agree!! Planner needs to sync across Teams Desktop and the web browser.

I could live with a later full integration of Planner features into Teams.
        BUT: If I switch from Teams Planner to Planner in O365 I atleast expect that tasks from one version carry over to / are synched with the other version. WIthout proper synching, planner in Teams is absolutely useless. (For better integration see the way, OneNote is integrated with Teams).

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base