How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Need full capabilities of Planner in Teams

Right now you can add a new tab for Planner in Teams. However, you are not afforded all the capabilities of Planner in this tab. Its really "Planner Lite." Here are some items you cannot do with Planner in Teams:

1) If you create a Planner in Teams, it will not be shown in Planner itself!
2) you can go to the group (in web outlook) wich is automatically created for the team and click there on planner and it will take you to the planner for the new group, which then cannot be displayed at teams, but the team was the purpose for the group in the first place?!
3) You cannot import a previous Planner into teams; you must recreate manually
4) Planner tasks do not sync from Planner to Teams
5) You can't get reminders for your Planner tasks in Teams
6) You can't choose different views (charts, etc.) of Planners when in Teams
7) You can't group by Progress of Planner items when in Teams
8) No view of Planner Hub

Please integrate Planner in Teams better and integrate Teams in Planner better!!

5,323 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Alexander shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

331 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Katie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1) need ability to pin the Planner app in the left nav.
        2) need ability to change view of tasks to more list-oriented with sort feature
        3) cannot see which channel a task is from unless the planner tab is named clearly - this is a major UI issue in my book. every channel owner is going to name those things differently and if I have a bunch of tasks from different channels, they get very mixed up without the visibility. at least the web view has the channel abbreviation icons for some clue...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another item that would fit perfectly to my team is to be able to change the task card background, as in the VSTS Kanban board

• Phil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Warren.
        You say #8 (Planner Hub) has been completed but I cannot see how to view the overall status of all plans, and it is not mentioned in the support article.
        I look forward to your assistance.
        Phil.

It will be also better if we can add files directly in planner via Teams. And not open planner just to add some files

• Elicia Ferrer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Request:

- Allow user to set default Planner view when pinning to Team (e.g. calendar)

-Allow planner to remember my group by and filter settings

Request:

- Allow user to set default Planner view when pinning to Team (e.g. calendar)

I'd love to see Planner on the quick access bar (optionally of course), using the three dots is annoying for an app I use many times a day.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

so, when I'm in Teams but I go to the planner area (not in a specific team, but using the left hand bar to navigate to a planner window that just shows my tasks) I'd love to be able to see my tasks in the form of a calendar. Also, could Microsoft To Do be integrated as well? Right now I'm manually transferring my to do's into Planner tasks...

Thanks

~Michael

• Volodymyr K. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For now, synchronization between Teams and Planner can be better, much better. For example, let's imagine that we have a particular channel for support and/or feedback. I am a support engineer, and user asks me to fix something writing a message about it into this channel. As long as I don't want this message to be lost (as no one else does), I want to add this task instantly to Planner, maybe after filling a short form (add a task name and copy user's message as task description or edit it before). After I do this, on a message in Teams status of this task is displayed. It will also help to avoid task duplicating in Planner.

• Paul Swaim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Planner and Project need to merge. Microsoft has two project management platforms but only needs one. Planner needs gantt, Project needs ease of use and Teams integration.

• Marc Wenning commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

#3 is not completed, I created a plan in planner but cannot see it when I go to add a planner tab to a channel.

• Nicklas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you also include choosing to be notified in the team channel instead of via email on task changes/assignment a.s.f within planner?

That would make Teams even more of a "one stop shop".

• Matilda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it possible to get a banner or notification in teams when new buckets, tasks and updates are made in planner? Is there a setting we've missed maybe?

• Megan Cowling commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Item #3 doesn't appear to work. All of my plans are not displayed when I select Use an existing plan.

It doesn't look like #3 is working. How do I connect the existing plan in Planner to a new team in Teams?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17

Feedback and Knowledge Base