How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Need full capabilities of Planner in Teams

Right now you can add a new tab for Planner in Teams. However, you are not afforded all the capabilities of Planner in this tab. Its really "Planner Lite." Here are some items you cannot do with Planner in Teams:

1) If you create a Planner in Teams, it will not be shown in Planner itself!
2) you can go to the group (in web outlook) wich is automatically created for the team and click there on planner and it will take you to the planner for the new group, which then cannot be displayed at teams, but the team was the purpose for the group in the first place?!
3) You cannot import a previous Planner into teams; you must recreate manually
4) Planner tasks do not sync from Planner to Teams
5) You can't get reminders for your Planner tasks in Teams
6) You can't choose different views (charts, etc.) of Planners when in Teams
7) You can't group by Progress of Planner items when in Teams
8) No view of Planner Hub

Please integrate Planner in Teams better and integrate Teams in Planner better!!

4,531 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Alexander shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    partially done  ·  AdminWarren (Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Teams) responded  · 

We recently updated the Planner tab to now support grouping cards by Progress, Assignment, Due Date, and Labels like you find in the Planner web app.  (#7 on the list) We also added the ability to quickly filter down cards to what’s most relevant for you and your team.   

The completed items are now 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, and 8.

The remaining items (5 & 6) are still actively being worked upon and we hope to have some more update for you soon!

-Warren

294 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jaime Munera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My 2 cents: There is Guest access to Planner but F1 users can't be assigned tasks... really? It does not make sense... F1 users should be able to use planner ... even limited functionality.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to add to previous two comments.
        Agree with Danilo Scardua, when you mark a task completed in Teams app, it won't send message to users. When you do the same in Planner it does. Would prefer if they were the same.
        About reocurring tasks, would like to add that it would be good if you could easily copy buckets. Atm you can only copy tasks.

• Danilo Scardua commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems when you add a comment to a Planner task using Microsoft Teams interface, it's not sending the email message to the office 365 group. I've teste updating the same information directly to the Planner(accessing via tile) and it does send the message. I'm following the office 365 Planner inbox and the expectation is to receive emails as soon you the task is updated

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anonymous, I went to that location but I still do not see the Planner Hub. Is anyone else able to see the Planner Hub within Team?

• Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anonymous, when in Teams, the last option of the left-hand side options (Activity, Chat, Teams, Meetings, Files) is 3 bubbles, click that, and you should see Planner as an option.

Great to see the progress on this! Keep it up!

Thank you! These are great additions/integrations that our team is already starting to use. Our team is looking forward to 5 & 6 as well. Regarding item #8, does anyone know how to access/view the Planner Hub in Teams now?

• Frank Paul Silye commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love the progress, but we are just about to abandon both Teams and Planner. Most of our Teams work with external partners and Planner is a good example of how badly O365 is designed. Why is collaborating with external partners working in one app and not in the other?

• ed hansberry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Keep going! Please add support to remember our preferred grouping. I like it by Due Date and hate having to change it to that every time I go to Planner.

• shailen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Amazing. I am glad that feedbacks are listened to. I have already started using this feature. thanks

• T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Integration of Planner in Teams get better and better.

Nevertheless, some elements are still missing.
        I just realise that tasks can be assigned to a Guest... but the Guest can't view them !
        Difficult to manage a Multi Functional Team when half of the participants can't consult the tasks they have to do...

Love the new update today with team plans showing up in the hub. Keep up the great work.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15

Feedback and Knowledge Base