How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Need full capabilities of Planner in Teams

Right now you can add a new tab for Planner in Teams. However, you are not afforded all the capabilities of Planner in this tab. Its really "Planner Lite." Here are some items you cannot do with Planner in Teams:

1) If you create a Planner in Teams, it will not be shown in Planner itself!
2) you can go to the group (in web outlook) wich is automatically created for the team and click there on planner and it will take you to the planner for the new group, which then cannot be displayed at teams, but the team was the purpose for the group in the first place?!
3) You cannot import a previous Planner into teams; you must recreate manually
4) Planner tasks do not sync from Planner to Teams
5) You can't get reminders for your Planner tasks in Teams
6) You can't choose different views (charts, etc.) of Planners when in Teams
7) You can't group by Progress of Planner items when in Teams
8) No view of Planner Hub

Please integrate Planner in Teams better and integrate Teams in Planner better!!

4,928 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Alexander shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    partially done  ·  AdminWarren (Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Teams) responded  · 

The Planner team has updated the Planner tab to include the Schedule and Charts views. Drag and drop tasks to schedule them and check status with the charts view, all within the Planner tab.

The completed items are now 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, and 8.

The remaining item #5 is still actively being worked on, and we hope to have an update for you soon.

As a bonus #9, we also expect to roll out Guest Access Support very soon.

I’ll keep you posted as more things develop!
    -Warren

319 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Paul Swaim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Planner and Project need to merge. Microsoft has two project management platforms but only needs one. Planner needs gantt, Project needs ease of use and Teams integration.

• Marc Wenning commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

#3 is not completed, I created a plan in planner but cannot see it when I go to add a planner tab to a channel.

• Nicklas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you also include choosing to be notified in the team channel instead of via email on task changes/assignment a.s.f within planner?

That would make Teams even more of a "one stop shop".

• Matilda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it possible to get a banner or notification in teams when new buckets, tasks and updates are made in planner? Is there a setting we've missed maybe?

• Megan Cowling commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Item #3 doesn't appear to work. All of my plans are not displayed when I select Use an existing plan.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It doesn't look like #3 is working. How do I connect the existing plan in Planner to a new team in Teams?

Yeah, still plenty of issues with #3. I created a plan in the Planner web app, and when I tried to add it in a new tab in a Teams channel it doesn't show up in the list. You'd think that since everything is linked to my Office 365 account it would just show all the plans my account has created.

it seems as though we can't upload local files to planner in Teams, which we can via the website

• Katie Walsh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The filter in Charts doesn't affect any of the charts. We would like to be able to see a Status Chart by Member or by Bucket, but all tasks are presented together in the charts, and there seems to be no way to affect the data presented in the charts.

• Zach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you also show "Planner" in the Teams App on the left sidebar, right now you have to click the 3 dots, then click Planner. Why can't this just show up by default?

• Héctor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi I think it would be useful having the capability of defining periodic Tasks.

Loving the progress but I have just noticed that I can no longer filter by who a job is assigned to. Was this functionality removed? I can group by assigned to but I would like to filter still as well.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16

Feedback and Knowledge Base