How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Add Location Function

Please integrate a share location function. This is the only setting which is missing. Nice App. Thumb UP

126 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ben shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jamie Thomson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looks like location sharing has been delivered: https://venturebeat.com/2019/01/09/microsoft-teams-location-sharing-smart-camera-audio-messages/

I can't find any details about it tho.
        Is it "share my current location" or "share live location"? Or both? (whatsapp allows both by the way)
        If its "share live location" is it time bound (i.e. can I have the option to share my location for a set period of time or is it shared until I revoke the share)?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would agree with the comments to simply replicate what Skype for Business has for location tracking. We have service techs that are often visiting client sites, really helpful to see where they are. Skype for Business does a great job of displaying this and remembering locations so the techs don't have to re-type each time they visit the client.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My boss does travels a lot, it'd be helpful to know which time zone he's in, or which office he's in. It'd also be cool to be able to see the location of team members on a map (with time zones).

• Mac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Disappointing put on backlog. With all the conversations of SfB going away and trying to get more people using Teams. This is a clear miss imo.

• Malena Beijer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our team works at different places all the time, and it's valuable to easily know where people are.

• Mindy Lou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, we would like to be able to update our location for presence verification with in our Teams. We like the way SKype for business does this.

• Jaspreet Sandila commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes it be great idea if location services can be included into teams. Its easy to setup on Skype for Business but the only status u get out of team if where user is online or not.

• Cathy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Location" could be an open text field like in Skype for Business. We're looking to give people the ability for a person to flag themselves as "working remotely" or "at sales conference" when they aren't in the office.

("Active" status on Teams is not enough for some managers, they want to know In or Out)

• Mayce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature since we have a lot of people who travel! It would be nice to see who is at what client site! :)

• Jamie Thomson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this idea a lot. When I'm using the mobile app I want to share my location with my colleagues - would be invaluable for a mobile workforce. My iphone allows me to share my location with anyone I want and I use that to share my location with my family. I don't want to share my lcoation with my colleagues all the time though, so make it a feature of Microsoft Teams and allow me to specify which times of the day my location should be shared.

It might even be a way for a company to passively monitor the location and travel history of their workforce. Make it mandatory for members of a Team to share their location (or perhaps make it a condition of joining a Team). Of course, a company should only be able to monitor their employees' location during work hours, and this feature should reflect that.

I suspect there are loads of scenarios where this would be valuable. For example, a logistics company could know where all its delivery drivers are at any one time by plotting their locations in a Microsoft Teams tab.

Feedback and Knowledge Base