How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Allow use of existing OneNotes/documents for channels

My team has a pre-existing OneNote. It would be really helpful to be able to create a tab that uses this, rather than being forced to start with a blank notebook.

2,381 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bryan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminWarren (Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Teams) responded  · 

Great news!
    Starting today, there’s an updated OneNote option in the Tab Gallery that allows you to create a new notebook for your tab, point to an existing notebook, or link to a particular OneNote section or page.

This update is not yet available for EDU customers, but we’ll continue to update this new OneNote experience to make it easier to bring your important content into Teams!

The release notes can be found at: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Release-notes-for-Microsoft-Teams-d7092a6d-c896-424c-b362-a472d5f105de

116 comments

Comments are closed
    • John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on the Onenote Integration for Teams for EDU? We're at a standstill with using Teams until we can integrate our Staff Notebook into the tab directly.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be ideal!!

It also seems that the process of adding a Section and a Channel to go with it requires taking a OneNote tab on another Channel, Open it, Open it in Onenote, wait for all the sync, then Close everything in sight, then reopen, in order to get the new section and the new channel linked properly. Awkward and counterintuitive.

• John Wayne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am looking forward to this feature functionality. I have tried to create a web link to an existing OneNote that lives in SharePoint and it does not play as nicely as the baked-in feature of the OneNote tab created within Teams.

• Philip Noble commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this one? This would make it so much easier and if it's about to drop will save us doubling up on work

• Pavel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great to see Microsoft developing Teams. I created Class Notebook in Teams but can't seems to manage it outside Teams. As mentioned already , adding existing OneNote to teams is needed.

• Shayla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this feature? It would make using teams MUCH easier if we could import existing teams/

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news about being able to add an existing notebook to a team?

• Todd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Faculty will be reluctant to use Teams if they cannot link to existing notebooks

• David Paton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An update would really be appreciated as my school is moving quickly into Teams but I'm going to get major push back if teachers cannot import existing notebooks.

• Greg Harris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates? We have many Groups we are adding to teams and use OneNote extensively on our groups. The inability to add previously created OneNote notebooks is really causing us pain. Thank you!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base