How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Access to email from left tab panel

If there was an Outlook tab integrated on the left, similar to the Meetings tab (which is effectively the Outlook calendar), one could stay in Teams all day and not have to switch out.

4,749 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Eric Richards shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

373 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Terrence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What else can we do to get this feature prioritized & into production? Even if it is just a notification in Teams, that we got an email, that would work. My team would then be able to keep TEAMS as our main application open and in front.

In general though...thanks for Teams... we love it!

• Mayno Cabellon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great not just have an Outlook tab but to provide more flexibility to add a shortcut to Outlook Inbox and Outlook Calendar. The shortcut would basically take the user to the specific Outlook area clicked on (Calendar, Inbox etc.).

• Matt Armstrong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There was a very particular reason Email was not included at the core of teams and I’m very opposed to seeing it pulled in. Integrations I can get, but this is not an e-mail client. The number one reason I see people wanting this is user adoption, but the problem is that the new users who would adopt with this feature would just sit in the email section, providing no benefit. You would be massively bloating a product (in features and resources) in order to pull in a minority of users who are over-attached to their email! Life lives in different apps, and users need to be used to this. While I like to see Teams become more central and core to people’s workflows, that’s not a viable or feasible goal. Users live in the Windows OS. App-switching therein—where their lives are—is normal and to be expected, especially for completely different kinds of business communication. Don’t conflate the two.

• Lisa Snell Kern commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really need this integration in order to manage my personal workload as well as my team collaborations. We are implementing Teams in my organization but this is my biggest hurdle in order to manage my individual work time. Any update?

• Vincent Blaauw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bringing mail to Teams will be bad for adoption while we then bring the inefficient way of working (on average we spend 2 hours a day on mail) to Teams. In the adoption projects I worked on I really see people excellerate in working efficient and use other ways off communicating (mostly in Teams).

Off course mail will stay for outer circle communication for some time but keeping it separate from Teams will really help adoption.

Best regards,
    Vincent

• Ole Kristensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IF you add e-mail to the left panel, then make sure it's NOT allowed to send e-mail to other people inside your organization !
    Teams chat should really replace internal e-mails 100%

• L White commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As part of gaining adoption for Teams, the ability to directly access email within Teams would be a huge selling point. We want to get everyone to spend the majority of their day in Teams rather than SharePoint or even Outlook.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As Mikki said, it is incomprehensible that the integration of emails and the (complete) agenda was not at the heart of the Teams project. It makes a non sense for a lot of potential users. Where can I check my mails? Well, you go outside of teams, open a browser or outlook and here you go.... Time consuming.

• James Laws commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would LOVE to close down Outlook, and just use Teams. One App for email, chat, calling - you really should be working on this.

• Mikki Mead commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So your telling me, there is no way we can add outlook...a CORE microsoft product, into a MICROSOFT TEAMS PRODUCT??????????????

This is the reason why people DONT use microsoft teams......this should have been a #1 top priority from DAY 1.

Why CANT we put an OUTLOOK APP inside of teams....

• Dana Gugliotti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just got asked today why they cannot get outlook on teams. The only way they will use teams is if they can get their email there too so it is not like adding another app but rather consolidating. Love to be able to add a tab for this!

• Gerald LaForest commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love it if i could just access certain folders or search folders. Even if initially it took all my email folders i have created in outlook and has a "Unified" inbox approach. Then you could marry your outlook app for phones and have a focused inbox option.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was just talking with my Executive Director and this would be something that would definitely interest him. Without this option, this is just another place to flip back and forth to. This would really make this a robust offering.

• Rebecca Goodman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My big question about this is would you use Outlook Online so that you could get to Archive and have content in the cloud be in affect or would it be an addon of an Outlook that is on desktop that should not (hopefully) cache up and kill performance? I am for the tab, but really have to look at the interaction of the app and what it does to a machine.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.