How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Access to email from left tab panel

If there was an Outlook tab integrated on the left, similar to the Meetings tab (which is effectively the Outlook calendar), one could stay in Teams all day and not have to switch out.

4,343 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Eric Richards shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

357 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • James Laws commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would LOVE to close down Outlook, and just use Teams. One App for email, chat, calling - you really should be working on this.

• Mikki Mead commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So your telling me, there is no way we can add outlook...a CORE microsoft product, into a MICROSOFT TEAMS PRODUCT??????????????

This is the reason why people DONT use microsoft teams......this should have been a #1 top priority from DAY 1.

Why CANT we put an OUTLOOK APP inside of teams....

• Dana Gugliotti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just got asked today why they cannot get outlook on teams. The only way they will use teams is if they can get their email there too so it is not like adding another app but rather consolidating. Love to be able to add a tab for this!

• Gerald LaForest commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love it if i could just access certain folders or search folders. Even if initially it took all my email folders i have created in outlook and has a "Unified" inbox approach. Then you could marry your outlook app for phones and have a focused inbox option.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was just talking with my Executive Director and this would be something that would definitely interest him. Without this option, this is just another place to flip back and forth to. This would really make this a robust offering.

• Rebecca Goodman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My big question about this is would you use Outlook Online so that you could get to Archive and have content in the cloud be in affect or would it be an addon of an Outlook that is on desktop that should not (hopefully) cache up and kill performance? I am for the tab, but really have to look at the interaction of the app and what it does to a machine.

I think this is a good way to increase adoption of Teams. I have heard a lot of my co-workers say they don't want to use Teams because it is just another program they have to check in addition to Outlook. With email and teams together, they would only have to use one.

• Tom Wills commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love an Outlook tab as well. One app for all of my communication (sharepoint, planner, email, chat, etc...) Then an integration where is your team is tagged in an email, it has that email thread on that channel as well. Everything is one nice hub.

• Jason lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I came across a workaround for this today.

Create a team that just has one team member... you.
    Add OWA via a website tab. Boom Email in Teams.
    FWIW, owa logs in in a tab automagically.

Add Tabs in "YOUR" team for features you always use, staff intranet etc.
    Fill up a row of tabs, add a second channel to your own team.

FWIW, VMware Horizon Desktop runs in a Teams website tab.

If only another instance/tenant of teams ran in a tab too.

• Susi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook in Teams is one of my Favorite Features... One App for everything we are working with the whole day… Maybe it is just about notify and reading, similar to word, excel tabs… open the app by behaviour as a first step.

Teams has become a second inbox for me to keep track of. Switching back and forth is tiresome and breaks focus again and again. I want one place that serves as my communication hub.

• Matt Armstrong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm going to be a contrarian and say that this defeats the purpose of having the two different types of communication. I like having two separate apps. I think integrations between the two would be most helpful, but not the same app.

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the largest item from our user feedback in our organization. Teams is great, but moving between Outlook and Teams is completely unnecessary and certain functions aren't as smooth between Teams and Outlook as they are with other Office apps. A solid E-mail client that is integrated in as a tab in Teams is the missing piece.

• RW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It could at least act as a link to another app, which on mobile would simply switch over to Outlook, which should have the same option to switch back.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18

Feedback and Knowledge Base