(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chris Evans shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

288 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mark Wonsil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Missing Team chats that I never missed with Business Skype. I prefer Teams over Skype but my "team" communicates less with the Teams Chat. Looking forward to this improvement - especially with the sun-setting of Business Skype.

• Michael Saulters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is it so hard to have the channel name highlighted when there are new messages? I had a coworker post in a channel that I've favorited... the only notification I got was a little red '1' over the activity bell. No indication what team that was in. No indication what channel that was in. HIGHLIGHT THE CHANNEL AND TEAM THAT HAS NEW MESSAGES! Guys, this is practically unusable in an environment where people depend on me seeing messages. I can't do my job if I don't know people are trying to communicate with me.

• Michael Saulters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The entire notifications behavior of Teams needs improvement. I missed an entire day of notices yesterday for one team, in spite of the fact I was actually using Teams for chat all day long. I could not see ANY indication of new messages in that team channel. I did not see ANY of the messages until I opened the channel this morning. Going from Slack to this feels like my ankles have been tied together and I've been blindfolded.

• Tracy Alers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish you could make certain Channels opt-in instead of someone in a niche Channel using an @channel and everyone in the Team gets pinged

• Peter Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having different notification frequencies for different teams is a must-have improvement. For some Teams once a week is frequent enough for others immediate or once an hour is necessary.

• Alyssa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have feature for me. There is no way to turn off pop-ups entirely and I would love the feature to mute some teams and prioritize others.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to see the option of setting notification for a channel to email notification.
        This could be a default setting for the entire group, per channel or for all team members. However, a team member would change it to email or app or both (can have multiple devices).

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are also adopting (and transitioning) to Teams (away from Skype for Business). When will alert sounds be added? Any ETA?

No sure if this is the right place, but it would be great if in planner, any action owner can get a reminder of a not started or in progress action in a regular set time (daily, weekly or monthly). This should be set by team leaders, but able to be modified by the action owner.

• Steven Machanoff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do we have a status update on this issue? When we are in in a team chat within a channel,we would like a sound notification when someone updates the chat - similar to the way Skype works. Is that being worked on as part of this request?

I like to get a unique Notification when someone starts a personality Chat
        (Skype was flashing in then Taskbar in the past)
        Most likely the opposite chat partner needs a immediate responce

However Teams is notifying me, the information get lost between other Notifications where no immediate responce is supposed - for example Teamchanal-Notifications

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also I wish Teams would use the native system notifications in macOS. Instead Teams uses their own notifications which are separate from every other notification on the Mac and don't show up in notification center.

• Jennifer Honnerlaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if we could set the alert bubble display with different colors based on the Team chat rooms. When you have multiple chat rooms it is difficult to determine priority

• ColmC.ie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to set notification settings at a team level is really something that we could do with here at my organisation. I know that Microsoft talk about Teams as being the hub for collaboration with the "Inner Loop", however Inner Loop and Outer loop is not really binary but moreso a continuum. e.g. there are some people on a team/Team which are Outer loop (might need to dip in and out) and some that are inner loop. And then these "outer loop" people on one team are "inner loop" on another.. So a one size fits all at the global "Microsoft Teams" level is not always "optimal" and yet many users are probably not "mature" enough to even know about notification settings in order to tweak them. So in my organisation we have Outer loop people (who haven't changed their default notification settings on MS Teams ) getting spammed by people who are on the Inner loop. Tldr; it's essential that notifications can be configured at the "Team" Level rather than just at the "Teams" level.

• Zoltán Lehóczky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with Jake. Notifications need to be possible to configure in a way that you get the least noise but are still alerted that really matters. I think HipChat gets this right: you can have global defaults but can fine-tune them per room (channel/chat in Teams terminology). You can opt to not show any notifications/bubbles at all, or only show if you're @mentioned, or when you or the whole room is @mentioned.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15

Feedback and Knowledge Base