(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chris Evans shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

330 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Surely MS would have worked this out by now. Something as simple as a notification badge for Teams, much like they have for Chat cannot be that hard to implement. Something better than just bolding the Team/Channel?

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems like you can now get notifications of comments made on Planner tasks in the 'Groups' section on outlook?

• Maarten Donderwinkel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

in slack, you can @channel or @here to force a pop up notification to everyone. it tells everyone that what you are posting is important and to please read. we need that in teams. the standard follow and favorite don't do enough.

Well the @team or @channel is already possible to notify everyone in the team or channel, which will send a notification

I'm trying to switch my small admin team to using Teams over Slack, unfortunately the fact that there is no notification in the toolbar to show when you missed a notification means that a lot of things are just missed.

• David McD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

'WORKING ON IT' for over 2 months. Do we know when this update will be made available?

• cesar de la garza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

in slack, you can @channel or @here to force a pop up notification to everyone. it tells everyone that what you are posting is important and to please read. we need that in teams. the standard follow and favorite don't do enough.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am trying to use a Channel email address as a service support/request submission center (so that service requests can be sent to that email address and all team members on that Channel can automatically receive an email update). I am 'following' the Channel and my notification setting for 'Followed channels' is set to 'Banner and email', yet I still receive no email notifications. How do I fix this please?

• Nate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

By far the worst/dumbest thing about teams is that you're not automatically subscribed to desktop/push notifications for a "Team" that you're on. You have to click the ellipses and go to "follow this channel". Every channel you're added to should be follow by default with the option to unfollow. Just like when someone starts a groupchat in the chat section. This basic oversight causes so many stupid little headaches at my company and I'm sure for many others

• Rick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Gotta chime in here. Chat is useless without proper notification which should include an optional chime (or some sound).

• Craig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many of my users complain about missing chats and mentions because the notification isn't well designed.

Great app, however we can't use it unless we have a robust mobile and desktop notifications feature.

• Jeffrey Coppola commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that the notifications are a little lacking. They don't stay up for very long. I would like to see notifications for everything, not just @mentions. The notifications also seem to be a little inconsistent.

It should be possible to disable the tray notifications like it is possible in outlook, hipchat etc.

• T-Rex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actually have the opposite problem. If i miss it, and it goes away, whenever i come back out of sleep, the window shows up and then never goes away unless i kill Teams

• Justin G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish we could have an option to keep the toast message up until acknowledged, or at least a longer duration. People seem to always miss messages as they step away from their machine for a minute and in that time the toast message appears and disappears.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17

Feedback and Knowledge Base