(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chris Evans shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

312 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • T-Rex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actually have the opposite problem. If i miss it, and it goes away, whenever i come back out of sleep, the window shows up and then never goes away unless i kill Teams

• Justin G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish we could have an option to keep the toast message up until acknowledged, or at least a longer duration. People seem to always miss messages as they step away from their machine for a minute and in that time the toast message appears and disappears.

• Laura Albany commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

there is a thumbs up option beside comments made in teams conversations. Would be nice to have a thumbs down option too.

• Teamy McTeamface commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be able to disable the Toast notifications and keep the flashing Taskbar (like Skype for Business behaves), but my current options are all or nothing.

I use multiple monitors - my Teams window is almost never in focus, and if several messages appear in succession it covers the corner of my window.

But if I disable these, I get NO heads-up that a message has appeared.

Instead of "two types of notifications or zero", I'd like to be able to select just one.

• Mitchell Stewart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to keep the banner notification on your screen longer than 5 seconds? If you're not looking at your screen, you won't see that there is a new message. Also (or instead), is there a way to have have the program icon in the system try blink until the message is read? We are all missing messages because of the lack of notifications.

• SH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New Teams user here. Can't believe how bad the notification options are on Desktop and iOS app.

• Anton O'Callaghan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On macOS notifications should be tied into the OS notifications. If I put my Mac into "Do not Disturb" mode when in a meeting or presenting - Team notifications ignores this.

• Meghan Kehoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see an option for "Email" notification only, instead of "Banner and Email." I don't like the Banner notification, but would like to receive an Email notification only.

• Srivathsan Adivarahan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the essential features for getting new members. The lack of notifications every time a new channel is created is frustrating and putting off people from using Teams.

• Paul Munz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the biggest weaknesses of teams is either the lack of notifications, and that they are way to subtle, default should be a 'boom - in your face' with options to tone down as required. Another idea could be to give the 'poster' of chat different 'post' options that determine the level of notification.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16

Feedback and Knowledge Base