Chris Evans shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

349 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Diana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a feature to customize or upload custom sound file for notifications and the volume level of those notifications. I want Teams to PUNCH me when any message is received. Followed channel or not.

Thank you all for your efforts!

• Cheech Sorilla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We moved from IBM SameTime which had a persistent pop-up, i.e., chat window opened on the top layer of windows - no way to miss it b/c you had to choose to ignore.

It would be great to have this same feature integrated with the option of turning on/off for specific people, Teams, channels, etc.

• Nicole Englert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I miss so many notifications in my Teams messages because there is no alert or notification telling me there is a new message. Terrible set up. Please fix this

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think its quite an important part of any communication application within a company or even personal communication applications to actually notify the user when there is a message.

The fact that you have very little indication that there is a new message in a team channel is crazy. IM is fine as you get a little red number next to the chat icon. Teams should do the same thing for general messages and not just with the @mention messages.

Not sure who thought this was a good idea really and I know as we move over to teams we will be getting a lot of users complaining about this as they will be missing vital information posted to team channels.

Please Microsoft fix the message alerting in teams.

Yes still have a need for this feature. Some things in teams are very time sensitive and would like to be able to set alert, so we know it is the important channel and not just general info.

• Jake Swantz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since migrating from Skype for Business to Teams I've had several people ask me to go back to Skype to contact them instead because they did not see the IM notification from Teams when I contacted them until hours later, if ever - even when they're available and at their computer. Default notification options similar to Skype for Business would be helpful for people transitioning ahead of that product's retirement.

• Levi Johansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been unable to find a way to disable email notification for my own comments in Planner. I want notification for all comments, just not my own comments.

• Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you receive a new message the chat window should pop over all other windows (similar to Skype). I miss a lot of messages from people because the notifications are so bad.

There are too many messages flying around, and take it from a Slack user that we miss things, so please help users to filter the volumes of messages flying around.

Picture this...we're a virtual company with all remote workers, so when we have a conversation we type it in a channel or a "water cooler" channel to catch up. Messages blow through at 10,000 per day in a 200 person company. Need a better way to notify/filter/prioritize

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/36539677-prioritize-my-engagement-using-ai

• Mel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are considering the switch from slack to teams. This is one of the key features we would need. Our employees must have the option to turn of notifications of several channels during their free time. But there are a few channels (e.g. for support) which also must send push notifications during the "do not disturb" time. Slack is already able to do this :(

why all the notifications are being shown in the right? is there a choice that just remind us in task bar like Skype for business.

• Tim D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are considering the switch from slack to teams. We are currently using a slack channel to post messages regarding our production activity. When the message is posted to the slack channel, the entire message appears in the pop-up notification. We find this to be invaluable b/c we can see at a glance what is going on without having to go into the channel and view the message. Most of the message strings are under 200 characters. Teams does not appear to have this same capability. It just indicates that you have a new message and the channel in which it appears. The you have to go into the channel to see the message. HATES IT!

• Alana D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find the notifications to be distracting - is there a way to have the notifications pop up at the bottom right-hand corner of your screen without displaying the text of the message?

• Robert Bingaman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would also like to see a private pop-up notification made available. Our team is slowly adopting teams, but the message notification displays the entire message in the pop-up notification which could be displaying sensitive information when using a projector.

There needs to be a sound notification and a very visible pop up, similar to Skype. Can't tell you how many messages are missed in my organization. For people that aren't used to instant messaging, it's highly important a very apparent notification pops up and makes noise.

• LisaLisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, notifications for both S4B and Teams needs to greatly enhanced. Lot's of missed messages (IM's by nature should be much more responsive) The old on-premise, OCS and Lync clients had great notifications!

• Steve Bender commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It needs the option to pop the chat window on top of everything else on your desktop so you do not miss that someone just messaged you.

• Christine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the only thing keeping me from moving all of my departments over to teams from Slack... ETA??

Surely MS would have worked this out by now. Something as simple as a notification badge for Teams, much like they have for Chat cannot be that hard to implement. Something better than just bolding the Team/Channel?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18

Feedback and Knowledge Base