How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Linux client

My team has some users on Linux, and one benefit Slack has is a Linux client. Without a Linux client on Microsoft Teams, some orgs may have to turn away in favor of Slack so everyone can participate without keeping a browser open all the time.

7,735 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Angela Sze shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
on the backlog  ·  Suphatra responded  · 

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback – we hear you loud and clear. After talking this over with the Engineering team, I confirmed this will remain on the backlog and we are actively considering how to accelerate.

Tweet me if you have any questions! @skprufo

Suphatra

988 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Linux support is imperative for our 2000+ users organization to even consider Teams over Slack

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are testing Teams now and its a pity that Linux is not being catered for, especially as its a collaboration product. Important to provide support for all platforms for effective collaboration.

• Hs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 The only reason for not switching to Teams is lack of Linux (Ubuntu) support

• Jamie Thomson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

> we had to pull this back into review. I’ll get you more details once I have them

That was 4 weeks ago. Any update please?

• Jan Vondrouš commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot say to anyone: "hey its great use it, just do not close this browser window please".
    Teams looks great, but this is the showstopper! I am so sad. This is the end.

• Brian M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are significant populations of creative teams that use Linux exclusively. This should be a priority to insure cross-organization collaboration. Today they have to use Slack and Google Hangouts as alternatives.

• Bob P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're invested into the Microsoft Office environment, but for teams we really have no other choice than to stay on Slack. With clients for Windows, Linux, (both Red hat and Ubuntu), Mac, Android and iPhone, it's really a no brainer.

• Janne Kohvakka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Linux client and/or Chrome notification plugin would really be needed to be able to get Teams through in my organization. Please priorize this!

• dijuremo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1

Not just a Linux client is needed, but also make it so that the web version of Teams also recognizes browsers like Chromium. It is such a pain to have to fake your browser ID each time to get teams to load in the web interface.

• Ray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to happen asap since this simply will not work for any of our dev's workflow at all. How can we manage teams if you don't support and entire platform? Absolutely essential this is a native client as well. Seriously once you have it just use the open build service from opensuse to provide high quality and rigorous testing of the app across more than 26 distros.

Feedback and Knowledge Base