How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Linux client

My team has some users on Linux, and one benefit Slack has is a Linux client. Without a Linux client on Microsoft Teams, some orgs may have to turn away in favor of Slack so everyone can participate without keeping a browser open all the time.

6,254 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Angela Sze shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

859 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Itiviti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make this your prio 1, we wont be able to launch this tool if it does not support Linux platforms, atleast make the web-version better so our linux users can use it meanwhile

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

> I know how much you all want this, and I’ve gotten a couple emails asking for an update.

Well I would say you either do not understand or do not care. Stop pretending this game has not been going on for 20 years. Saying we love open source and linux but then only support it when you think it is convenient is disingenuous.

> Also, we’ll be focusing on knocking out a significant number of user requests in the coming months, but the scope of a Linux client is too big for that time frame.

Clearly not true because I already see open source implementations of it using electron popping up...stop trying to divide engineering teams please!

• Vyacheslav Lanovets commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guest support is of course much more important than Linux client.

What about Google Chrome notifications for Web client?

• James Rule commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"At least please complete the Web UI with Video and Call support so our linux based teams can use the full features of teams until a native linux client is ready."

This solves so many problems, just do this.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the update Suphatra.

In the meantime, please amend the Microsoft Teams Download Page.

The title reads "Download Microsoft Teams on ANY device" and the page says "Get Microsoft Teams on all your devices."

This is misleading.

• Dario commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thought Teams was based on a cross platform framework (Electron)?

• Elric Hindy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a majorly disappointing to be put on the backlog.

At least please complete the Web UI with Video and Call support so our linux based teams can use the full features of teams until a native linux client is ready.

Maybe unfortunately for MS, however most companies working in development, which have a major uptake of Teams, are on both linux and MS envs and this really inhibits our ability to put this forward over Slack.

• Adam Ibrom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Go the Slack way and provide a Linux / Debian / Ubuntu / Fedora Client! This will help primary to integration of open source Developer :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base