How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Linux client

My team has some users on Linux, and one benefit Slack has is a Linux client. Without a Linux client on Microsoft Teams, some orgs may have to turn away in favor of Slack so everyone can participate without keeping a browser open all the time.

8,311 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Angela Sze shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
on the backlog  ·  Suphatra responded  · 

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback – we hear you loud and clear. After talking this over with the Engineering team, I confirmed this will remain on the backlog and we are actively considering how to accelerate.

Tweet me if you have any questions! @skprufo

Suphatra

1064 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

linux teams client or make sure that the web client for teams works with major browsers in Linux.

• Dov Grobgeld commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The lack of a Linux client is what is holding me back from pushing our 25 developers team to adopt Teams. Looking forward to an update on this.

• Hannes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 to native teams client OR working webapp in all modern browsers, without having to fiddle with useragents.

• Jean Pacher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm ok if we don't get a full linux client, just make sure the web app covers all the lacking use cases:
    - 1 to 1 calls
    - screen sharing
    - not blocking functionality based on my user agent (I'd rather it was unstable rather than blocked)

• Jacqueline commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Gentle reminder to please develop a Linux Teams client, including video conferencing and screen sharing.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1
    and to keep it constructive and not to join the hate wave: how about supporting/cooperating/overtaking one of the already existing OS Linux clients? This will likely reduce effort to get this implemented.

• Mounir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has to be done as fast as possible. I can't believe it's still on the backlog for more than half a year.

• tjw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ultimately this is the reason why Agile/scrum development isn't good for end users. 'In the backlog' for half a year helps nobody, and I feel that it's just facilitating acknowledgement without any commitment simply to placate the people.

Most people in this thread are developers who's managers force them to use this. Teams makes my day worse every day because I need to maintain a Windows virtual machine because we do daily stand up on Teams.

I don't think you guys have received the "Microsoft loves Linux" memo.

Feedback and Knowledge Base