How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Linux client

My team has some users on Linux, and one benefit Slack has is a Linux client. Without a Linux client on Microsoft Teams, some orgs may have to turn away in favor of Slack so everyone can participate without keeping a browser open all the time.

7,735 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Angela Sze shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
on the backlog  ·  Suphatra responded  · 

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback – we hear you loud and clear. After talking this over with the Engineering team, I confirmed this will remain on the backlog and we are actively considering how to accelerate.

Tweet me if you have any questions! @skprufo

Suphatra

988 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nico commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our teams moved from Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business to Slack for the Linux support. As we have even more Linux users now, we need a native solution comparable to the Electron app of Slack, before we can switch back to the Microsoft ecosystem.

• marcin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am forced to use MS Teams; good product but not so much for linux users (I have linux and windows 10 laptops as I need to work on Windows every time and then). I am managing by using teams on my phone/tablet and/or web version but I would be more happy to use anything which has a native client for linux ....

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Linux Client for Teams on GitHub is very cool, because you can now share your Screen. That’s pretty cool if you share your Screen over Window, MAx, Linux and Mobile Devices. Please MS, take this a project from the community and use your developer power to create a native Linux Client for Teams.

• Wim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Suphatra any update? We are still waiting, like really long now ... can any intern pick this activity?

• Sumit Rai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to have the Linux client or at least make the web interface better (right now you are not able to make 1-1 audio/video calls using web interface on Linux).

• Jakub commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi guys, It would be nice ti have native Team client for Linux distros.
    Please, consider this for the greater good.

Thanks!!

• Yehuda Deutsch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When trying to get support from Azure or talking with Azure experts they prefer teams, but our DevOps team is only using Linux PCs, so this is ridiculous. I actually made the support rep use Jitsi a few days ago so he can take screenshots of the portal as I see it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi! Actually, not having a Linux client is an issue wich blocks further users to adopt Teams.

Please, consider to accelerate a decision!

We need to know if we have to continue using other products.

Thanks!

• Sean D. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I run Fedora as my primary while my corp uses MS Teams. I'm able to live with the web app but not having video conference support is a true loss for me. A linux client would be great!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 49 50

Feedback and Knowledge Base