How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

allow any emoji as a reaction, not just thumbs up

Slack has this: get.slack.help/hc/en-us/articles/206870317-..

2,635 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Angela Sze shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

196 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • DaveJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd be happy with either. I like the idea of being able to add custom ones. We were looking at Slack and people missed having a "dancing parrot" icon when we went to Teams.

• Jordan Mann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Option 2 please. Employees should know what is and isn't appropriate at their place of work.

• Kyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2, with 1 being an option for (grumpy and lame) administrators.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2. Reactions shouldn't be limited, as emojis naturally should allow for a wide range of responses.

Option 2. I like the way Slack implements this and it works well. I don't see any reason to limit the emoji list just for reactions.

• techsage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd say all emoji since that's what your competition provides and you have to beat your competition. In this case, Slack goes even further and allows the user to upload their own custom emoji as well (including GIFs of very limited dimensions and file size). The users as the company I work for use this feature heavily, so it is one that Teams would be judged for not having. I will check to see if this additional feature has already been requested and add it if not.

• Pavol Donko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can still have the most used or favourite emojis on the top of the list (maybe in separate section).

Dennis if you are confused with bomb (or other) emoji, you can still ask your colleague what they mean with that. It's the same when someone sends you message with that emoji.

• Dennis Gaida commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. A small selection of the most popular Emojis

Don't make the selection too small - but I'm not a fand of cluttering reactions. What does it mean if a "I finished a project" message gets "Wow, Great, Smiley, Bomb, Like, ThumbsUp, Sad Face"?

It's important that negative emotions are included as well (dislike, sad face, cry face), but besides that I like being limited to a few reactions. Everything is better than just Like.

I agree Pavol. A small selection in no option. Leas to more questions in the future

I don't know why you need small "all work safe" reactions when you can still use any emoji as a new message.
    It will only lead to broken reactions when some users will use few emojis as reaction and other as new message (because it simply wasn't there).

Option 2.

Why to limit users in this? We are all adults and we know what to use in which situation. When I want to use **** (or other) emoji with my close colleagues for fun then why not to? It's the same like someone wants to use swear words. Messaging apps do not censor them neither.

And also there is a lot of useful emojis which you probably won't cover with small subset.
    E.g. numbers (useful for voting), animals, food, "x" and check mark etc.

I don't like FB Messenger reactions exactly because there is (always) some emotions missing when I want to use them.

Just let us use any unicode emojis and we will be happy. :)

• Piotr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My vote goes to
    2. A large selection of all emojis available, for example like as many as Facebook provides.

Feedback and Knowledge Base