How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

allow any emoji as a reaction, not just thumbs up

Slack has this: get.slack.help/hc/en-us/articles/206870317-..

2,639 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Angela Sze shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

207 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Amira Budiyano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make this happen. We are counting on you, Microsoft Team! It is very hard to react to a comment made by a fellow team member. Chatting on platform like Teams help us to communicate better and being able to react appropriately helps the communication even better. Definitely looking forward to this feature!

• Ryan Ersland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is my top feature request. As a frequently remote employee at an organization that previously used Slack, I feel that reactions are invaluable. They provide a low-stakes way to participate in a conversation without the visual disruption of a new post, playing a roll similar to body language in a face to face conversation. A rich vocabulary of reactions is a critical ingredient for bringing meaningful human interactions and team culture to a platform like Teams.

I'm glad to hear that you're making progress! You'll make a lot of users like me very happy when this becomes generally available. 🏆

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, would like this too! So handy to have it in Slack currently, would be nice to have in Teams also.

• Dylan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we please get an update on this feature? Our business uses reactions in Slack to increase our productivity and trim our response time.

• bmsomega commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't wait for this to come out! I'm also wondering if you have a release date in mind!

• Mike McCarthy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Suphatra, Teams team, how is testing going? Any idea of a release date yet for this feature? My team would love to know!

• Nola 111 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on this? This is our user base's biggest request after transitioning from Slack.

Feedback and Knowledge Base