allow any emoji as a reaction, not just thumbs up
Slack has this: get.slack.help/hc/en-us/articles/206870317-..
Adding any emoji as a reaction remains under review.
I am marking this as partially done to let you know a new reactions bar with Like, Heart, Laugh, Surprised, Sad, and Angry has begun rolling out to all users.
Matt U commented
It would be nice to be able to add in ANY emoji as a reaction, and more than one at a time.
James ling commented
Can we turn it off?
Our company is a huge supporter of Teams, but I'm perplexed:
1. The thumbs up, which I would think would still be the most common "acknowledgement" of a message, is the furthest from where you (used to) click to provide the reaction? (I get that it's now the closest, left-to-right)
2. It's now two clicks to "save" a message? (this could have easily remained with the reactions after a separator/pipe
3. Having the reaction bar float at all times, and even for messages that you've already reacted to, is an unwanted distraction
4. The display of the bar, especially when moving between/over messages is slow/clunky
5. As a predominantly business/work tool, the reactions (and choice of them) does not seem well thought through
6. Can I turn off (or configure) reactions in Teams, if we want a simplified acknowledgement/thumbs-up like it used to be?
Keep at it. Thanks, Chris
It's nice to see more options... however I question the ergonomic aspects of the implementation.
The previous only emoji (thumb-up) is now the one that is the longest to reach in terms of mouse move.
The closest one is quite strong and negative.
I'd personally prefer a quick/default thumb-up and the option to select another.
😥 I wanted pizzas and beers and bears and ducks and rockets and cars and flags not just those 5
Thanks for adding it, makes interactions more humane! Works also smoothly after today upgrade on Win10 and Mac.
I am looking forward to see it on Android client as well.At the moment android client activity feed doesn't say anything about reactions other than thumb up.
My team was also wondering why there's no thumb down button. It helps when collecting yes/no feedback on ideas, thoughts etc.
A completely woeful response given the time to implement. Teams continues to underperform and fail.
Hi. Thanks a lot for the update. Unfortunately, as we use that function at work, we need some more "professional" reactions (we have to use a clearly defined set). What are your plans regarding the core of the topic "allow any emoji as a reaction"?
Why only one reaction is allowed on single message?
Great, thanks a lot!
Christian Steiniker commented
i'm confused -> how could you forget the poo Emoji?
Peter Braun commented
Glad there's some movement out of nowhere on this. Love, that there's more options now! Saying that, as posted by Paul before, please, please, please immediately/ASAP change that it doesn't pop-up when hovering over a message. I do like Teams and am a big advocate for it in the office, but sorry, that one's terrible and super distracting!
Just got this update today and two things popped into my head within about 10 seconds of seeing it:
(1) Hooray! The hover toolbar that used to invariably obscure a message's text now appears *above* the message, and (2) Dangit! Now it obscures the previous message! While I like the new emoji box, I'm bewildered that on a 27" 4K monitor it ever has to obscure *anything*. Can't you make it float off to the right side of the message if there's room for it? If not, sure, float over the message if you absolutely must. But please don't cover my messages if you can avoid it! It's been my #1 gripe with Teams for a while, and this is not much of an improvement.
We like having more options for reactions, but would prefer being able to choose from the full selection. The current selection is more suited for Social Media, but we definitely need thumbs down and eyes as priority over "surprised" or "angry".
I have emoji's on my client, the yellow doesn't look right on the dark theme and can we get a thumbs down icon....my organization has a need for that kind of icon.
Robert P. commented
Looking forward to this! Emojis help convey emotion, allow for polls, voting, and to convey actions. Looking them up by commonly used shortcuts (.e.g. :eyes: ) is an important part of this. Being able to react directly with a keyboard (e.g., a + symbol and the emoji, e.g. +:eyes: ) is valuable as well. Thank you!
so - is this going to be rolled out soon?
6 months; please keep us updated. People keep putting puns in our team chat and I need to be able to respond with disapproving emojis
Use the shortcut Windows + ; for more emojis.
is this still alive|?