How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

allow any emoji as a reaction, not just thumbs up

Slack has this: get.slack.help/hc/en-us/articles/206870317-..

2,636 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Angela Sze shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

204 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Piotr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for adding it, makes interactions more humane! Works also smoothly after today upgrade on Win10 and Mac.

I am looking forward to see it on Android client as well.At the moment android client activity feed doesn't say anything about reactions other than thumb up.

My team was also wondering why there's no thumb down button. It helps when collecting yes/no feedback on ideas, thoughts etc.

Thank you!
    Piotr

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A completely woeful response given the time to implement. Teams continues to underperform and fail.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi. Thanks a lot for the update. Unfortunately, as we use that function at work, we need some more "professional" reactions (we have to use a clearly defined set). What are your plans regarding the core of the topic "allow any emoji as a reaction"?

• Peter Braun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Glad there's some movement out of nowhere on this. Love, that there's more options now! Saying that, as posted by Paul before, please, please, please immediately/ASAP change that it doesn't pop-up when hovering over a message. I do like Teams and am a big advocate for it in the office, but sorry, that one's terrible and super distracting!

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just got this update today and two things popped into my head within about 10 seconds of seeing it:
    (1) Hooray! The hover toolbar that used to invariably obscure a message's text now appears *above* the message, and (2) Dangit! Now it obscures the previous message! While I like the new emoji box, I'm bewildered that on a 27" 4K monitor it ever has to obscure *anything*. Can't you make it float off to the right side of the message if there's room for it? If not, sure, float over the message if you absolutely must. But please don't cover my messages if you can avoid it! It's been my #1 gripe with Teams for a while, and this is not much of an improvement.

• Dylan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We like having more options for reactions, but would prefer being able to choose from the full selection. The current selection is more suited for Social Media, but we definitely need thumbs down and eyes as priority over "surprised" or "angry".

I have emoji's on my client, the yellow doesn't look right on the dark theme and can we get a thumbs down icon....my organization has a need for that kind of icon.

• Robert P. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking forward to this! Emojis help convey emotion, allow for polls, voting, and to convey actions. Looking them up by commonly used shortcuts (.e.g. :eyes: ) is an important part of this. Being able to react directly with a keyboard (e.g., a + symbol and the emoji, e.g. +:eyes: ) is valuable as well. Thank you!

6 months; please keep us updated. People keep putting puns in our team chat and I need to be able to respond with disapproving emojis

• Joseph Dunphy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be fantastic to have this feature, a number of teams at our company leverage the multiple Slack reactions to understand where a post is at from a workflow standpoint.

Ex: (1) agent from one team messages a group with a question (2) agent from the messaged team marks the message with "eyes" to let everyone else know it's being reviewed (3) marks with a check mark once it's complete

Feedback and Knowledge Base