How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

allow any emoji as a reaction, not just thumbs up

Slack has this: get.slack.help/hc/en-us/articles/206870317-..

2,699 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Angela Sze shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

218 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ryan Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The current implementation with hearts, likes, laugh, etc is barely acceptable. Slack does this way better. We can use any of the built in emojis as well as custom emojis. The Teams options do not even skim the surface of what reactions should be possible.

Want to let someone know, good luck 🍀
    Want to show encouragement 🎉
    Want to say hi or wave goodbbye 👋
    Want to answer I don't know 🤷‍♂️
    Want to denote a bug 🐛

Really, Teams ought to support all emojis in at least Emoji 11 or 12.
    https://emojipedia.org/emoji-12.0/

Lack of this makes me 😡😠💢

• 三恵 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

slackのようなaddreactionが欲しいです!
    せめて、応答で使える絵文字の種類を増やして欲しいです。

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so far from "partially done". We are asking for any emoji/custom emojis and adding 6 options is not even close to partial.

• Elliot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, definitely need a thumbs down. We've just rolled out Teams and my boss keeps using sad and angry faces because there's no thumbs down option.

• GF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also need a thumbs down reaction, to quickly say that something is not correct.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's really frustrating, Torje. Hopefully, its added for the rest of us soon. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and making sure I had the latest update (I do), but nothing still.

• Torje commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the exact same problem as Anonymous a few posts below (June 19, 2019 23:45). The rest of my team got the new reactions, but I cannot use or see these.

Same problem in native macos application and the web application, so it seems like it is my account that did not get the update yet for some reason.

• Jose Pablo Vargas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

our org got it a few days ago. Partially done means it could change at some point? or it will be the same as it looks right now?

Does anyone else still NOT have this feature? I have the latest update as well. I wouldn't care typically that I don't have it yet, but now my co-workers are using them instead of just the "Thumbs Up/hey, I read your post option and I can't see that they have reacted to anything since I don't have the emojis on my end yet.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This interaction sucks. The emoji are a delight, but you've increased the amount of time to indicate a quick interaction. If you revisit this and use a default (thumb sup) for a click and some other interaction (3 dots maybe?) for the other emoji this could work well. Having it appear on hover on any part of the message is less than desirable and increases the time required to make a selection. best of luck

Whew, feeling sorry for a lot of the grumps in here working in environments where they're "too serious" to use these new reactions. I personally think the 6 choices for thumb/heart/laugh/surprise/sad/angry are perfect. They capture most use cases and are also concise enough not to clutter the experience.

The only feedback I have would be on the implementation. I would personally like to see the "default" view stay the same - where the thumb & ellipses are always visible in the top-right corner of the message. The way I would like to access the other reactions would be upon hovering over the thumb icon, and then a popup (similar to the current popup) appears. The current implementation is a bit distracting when you're simply moving your cursor over the screen.

I am not getting the emoji reaction on the Microsoft Teams Version 1.2.00.13765 (64-bit). It was last updated on 6/5/19. what am i missing ?

• Jonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm happy with just the thumbs up, in that style that it was in. Also, it's nice to have just one button to click. Hovering and bringing up a menu and moving over to the reaction you want— too much.

Teams is great! Thank you guys for all the work you're doing!

It is annoying and distracting. This isn't social media, this is work. Likes are enough and they were more efficient. When people are having fun with their coworkers they can easily use an emoji or a GIF as a response or even type a sentence.

Also it is now much more difficult to edit a comment.

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mirroring Mat Dixon's sentiments, this new feature is just dumb and distracting. This isn't Facebook, it's a chat program for business, why on earth would I send a heart or anything more than a thumbs up (short of a thumbs down or neutral) emoticon to people I'm working with. Why not provide this 'feature' as an option rather than shoving it down all our throats... I'm being harsh, but come on, hearts and laughing? Really?

• Drew Thorne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also not happy with this implementation. We liked the thumbs up, it was a fast an easy action. Now reaching that thumbs up button is cumbersome.

The new emoji reaction menu is slow to load, it gets in the way of reading messages, doesn't match the iconography you have in place in the UI, and makes it harder to get to the edit ellipsis button. It also requires a lot more mouse movement to get to the thumbs up. It used to be very quick to react to multiple messages and edit messages, now it's a rather tedious task. Also, we use this for business and none of the the emojis are business focused. I wish we could turn them off optionally. I was able to turn other emoji's off from the admin settings.

• Glenn Mckenna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an improvement BUT I think that everyone was after some thing alote vaster... Something like slack has got... You're of to a good start why not finish it properly ?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.