How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

allow any emoji as a reaction, not just thumbs up

Slack has this: get.slack.help/hc/en-us/articles/206870317-..

2,047 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Angela Sze shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

124 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Doe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a real must have to change from slack. --> Voted!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have the ability to respond to comment with emojis other than thumbs up. Slack was WAY better in this area. You really limit individual communication when our only reaction is thumbs up

• Szilveszter Szebeni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Teams had this feature (and custom emojis) I would be able to push to change from Slack in my organization. Right now the push back would be just too big.

• Sean Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If implemented, the additional reactions available must not take up any more space than the current one.

• Chase Florell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the plus [ + ] emoji in slack! Great way to add +1 and have it automatically increment the plusses 😁

• rory commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like other commenters, we use inline emojis as a sort of "visual language" that helps us communicate much more quickly and cohesively. It might seem like a frivolous feature, but the benefit is better communication and more enjoyable participation by teams. Well-functioning teams throughout human endeavor develop and use an "in-group" vocabulary, for good reason - it improves communication and strengthens inter-group bonds and identity. Any tool that helps this, especially with remote workers, serves and important purpose.

• Harvey Scotton - Arm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use Slack in our organisation as well and I do quite like this feature. Why I like it: If someone asked for something to be done in a channel I can add the 'eyes' to state I have seen it and working on it. Once it is complete I can add the 'thumbs up' to say complete. Just an example.

I respect Andrews comment, not every organisation might want this so could Microsoft look at making this a feature an IT admin can turn off or on or even better control what emoj's can be used? Appreciate that could well be over engineering it.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Respectfully disagree
        Please keep thumbs up as a single-call out, we can always reply with whatever content we want, but it is useful for our organization to have a simple "I've read this" response - which is what we're training our team to use MS Teams for. If you do make a change, please have an added 'reaction' to the thumbs or change the thumbs to a 'check' or something like that.

Also, this would needless complicate the UI layout with reams of faces, I cannot imagine it's worth the engineer's time to do this just to be like Slack.

• Ned Lidbury commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the key things that makes Slack "fun" and encourages people to actively use it. My business unit just migrated from Slack to Teams and we are really missing the emoji reactions. (I know we could post a comment with an emoji, but it feels like overkill and clutters up the thread very quickly. The Slack solution is much nicer.)

• Jordoggydoo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding that this is actually a deciding factor between Teams and Slack for my research group lol

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base