How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Ability to pin message/files/articles shared within a channel.

Guys, please add pinned items for channels. We often pin important articles/messages/files so that the whole team can see it. Very important!

1,813 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Angela Sze shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded  · 

This request is still in the works. And it appears most people are interested in the ability to pin multiple items. I’ll circle back to the feature team and give them your additional feedback.

-Warren

151 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Magnus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Warren!

Do you have a feature ID for this? I can't find it in the roadmap.

Multiple pinned items would definitely be the best for us.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed it would be nice to pin these to a tab up top in the channel. The posts auto collapse and you lose your important information pretty quickly.

• Stephanie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll second this. It's easy to lose things if you have to scroll back through message history to find an important link. Ease of access streamlines workflow.

This would be nice to have. Similar functionality as PHPBB where you can make posts "stickies" and have them persist at the the top of a forum.

any update on this one guys? this is a great feature that slack already comes standard and teams need to catch up.

• Yogendra Saxena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there an update on this feature? We are receiving multiple requests each day inquiring about it. Please provide some update about timelines as well.

• Paul H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How are we getting on with this one - it's another adoption enabler that advocates can use!

I would also like an update on this. Owners need to be able to pin to top of channels. Thanks.

• Phill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, please, this or announcements. its been a few months, can we get a status update?

• Lisa R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would suggest this be a point of control for owners too -- owners can pin v/s everyone can pin.

Would be great to add a pinned post to the top of a channel. The main benefit would be a short intro post to the channel and how to use it.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base