How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Ability to pin message/files/articles shared within a channel.

Guys, please add pinned items for channels. We often pin important articles/messages/files so that the whole team can see it. Very important!

2,190 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Angela Sze shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
working on it  ·  Warren responded  · 

This request is still in the works. And it appears most people are interested in the ability to pin multiple items. I’ll circle back to the feature team and give them your additional feedback.

-Warren

181 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Rich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is sorely needed. And Benjamin Wolfe is spot on about the need for the description to be visible at the top of a channel. #mostbasicthingever

• Benjamin Wolfe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's truly awful about the interface is that I create a channel, and add a thoughtful description, but no one will ever see the description.

If they come to the channel they should see, easily at the top of the channel without clicking anywhere, what it's about (in whatever terms I want them to see that). How is this not the most basic thing ever?

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Last comment by Warren is entered Sep 10, 2018. Any plan when/if we can hope to see this feature?

• Jae commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! This would be a great feature since there are times when members are added at different times but still need to see the same posts/message (without having to scroll through posts).

• Ken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be very powerful. Massively increase my people using teams more often

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Huge project for academic library wanting to use Teams needing to have tabs rearranged but don't see that option. Don't want conversations to be first tab. Any update on when this will happen? Thanks.

• Mike S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need the ability to change the tab order in a channel so that it doesn't always start with Conversations

Very useful feature to have (+1)

Another useful thing would be greater transparency into the MS Teams development, like a list of planned issues for each iteration and current status.

Pin feature would be great. I'd like to be able to pin a channel description since the channel description is not visible anywhere unless you're editing the channel.

• Po-An Yang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a basic feature. Slack has this feature looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong ago.

• Charles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do iterations normally take this long for developers? A key feature of most conversation platforms so would like to see this included soon. Any update?

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update? Its been 6 months... I specifically would like to pin an Information messages in the conversations tab to explain the function of each channel in certain teams.

• Dustin T Waling commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

repeating comment posted on this topic (specific to conversations): https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/20541526-add-sticky-comment-to-the-conversation-tab

Yes, this is huge!
    Much like visiting a forum with a sticky post always at the top of the default landing page (i.e.: default Teams/channel tab - which is "Conversation"). This provides an always visible place-holder for basic guidelines for channel use and/or basic info and links pertaining to the goal of the specific team/channel. very simple but VERY useful (and important for large teams, especially large groups of multiple teams).

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base