How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Ability to see who is in a channel

Ability to see who is currently in a channel. Hipchat and Slack have this feature

3,579 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Angela Sze shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

188 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I asked my department to start using and we are annoyed that you are unable to view members on a sidebar. Such a simple thing...What's up with that?

• Libbie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our whole office has just been asked to use Teams instead of Hipchat and not having this functionality is the most annoying thing by far - I regularly just skim through my group chats in Hipchat to see who is online. I can't do this with Teams.

• Nick Casagrande commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hard to believe that a list of users and their status isn't in here, really? Spark has had this for years and it's as basic and free as it gets

• Dustin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

quickly see all members of a team and their status. adjust the columns on this page so that it could list their phone extension. this way, like in slack I can quickly check who is still working of my 50 member team and give them a call.

Seems like an easy feature. If you know the 'count' of who is in a channel, which is reflected when you call out a channel in a message, it should be so easy to list who is part of that channel.

• Carl Vannest commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm spending upwards of 4k a month on Slack today. This ONE feature missing may scuttle my entire plan to move everyone over to Microsoft Teams.

• Heikki Leivo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are currently evaluating whether or not to replace Slack with Teams. Teams is quite nice, but I have wasted hours after hours trying to find out how to see online status of my colleagues. I am really surprised that such a basic feature is not yet even implemented.

Please add this. Need to see who is active in the channel. Before I sent a message, I want to know (without clicking to another screen) who is active so I know I'm not sure sending it into a void if no one is online.

• Marco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a pretty basic feature, wished by every member of our organization. Any ETA?

• Melissa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make this happen. As we move more and more towards remote workers, seeing who's in a channel is imperative to the success of our business. End of story.

• Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

wow i'm appalled that this was requested in 2016 and still not done? this is a super basic feature that every competitor has. The biggest issue here is it makes it seem like MS isn't prioritizing feature parity with other apps, which makes migration in a mid to large size company easier. We can't migrate non-technical parts of our team if they have to move to something that looks and feels unfamiliar. And if we can't migrate the whole team, then we can't migrate, so it's a bit of a dealbreaker.

• Rosie Teribery commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The list of members is the entire list, not just those currently using Teams. To answer your question, Lillah - I would like to see a list of those in the channel that are active in the application.

• Lillah Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a bit confused why this is still an open issue, you can see who is in the channel by clicking on the Team name at the top of the chat window. And as far as I can tell, everyone in the team can participate and is part of all the channels within a Team. There is no such thing as users within a channel, its users within the Team (which contains the channels). Not having the ability to have private channels with a sub-set of the Team members is a whole other problem...

What makes this feature so difficult to implement? I'm using Slack personally and it is just a better experience because I can easily see who is online in a room.

• JM Presley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft claimed $85,000,000,000 in revenue in 2016.

Would you please spend $1 on showing me who the users in my room are? I'm spending quite a bit in labor just to verify who is in the room. This cannot scale past 2 people.

• Dave Upton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What little info e did have under manage channel (ability to see number of users) has disappeared with the latest UI update and recover deleted channels feature.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base