How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Ability to see who is in a channel

Ability to see who is currently in a channel. Hipchat and Slack have this feature

4,208 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Angela Sze shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

206 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Adam Cobb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lack of this is one of the reasons we really don't want to move from Slack right now. It just feels like you have no idea who is seeing your messages or who is available to reply

• Andrea Jäger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe I'm missing the point. But isn't everyone in a Team automatically in every channel of that Team? Because than you can see the list with members inclusive status when clicking on the team name at the top.

• Roy F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just learned about the channel "Meet now" feature. When you click "Meet now" from a channel and start the meeting, a list of channel participants and a separate list of team members are shown to the right (with status). These lists are presented to make it easy to invite people, but it is a way to see the list of channel participants.

Hope it helps, until something better comes along.

• Roy F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since you never actually join/leave a channel, the notion of channel "members" doesn't make sense. The closest you would have are channel participants (posting makes you a member, but that doesn't leave you with a way to "leave") and members who have favorited a channel. Having access to both participants and favorited would be helpful, such as when scheduling a meeting, but that seems like the only place I need those lists. I updated a ticket elsewhere suggesting buttons for "Add Team Members" "Add Channel Participants" and Add "Channel Favorited" to the schedule meeting interface. I voted for this, but I also worry if the implementation always takes up screen real estate when seldom we seldom want to see/copy this information. BTW - We don't just need to see the list, we need to be able to copy/paste the list.

• Chris Webb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This wouldn't be as needed if you coudl at least see who favorites a channel like we used to be able too. Not sure why that feature was stripped out :P. Anyway, seeing the team members with status per channel would be nice too! But it's sorely needed, makes using channel mentions hard!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is a must.
        As a team member i want/need to see if specific team members are available.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can anyone find a chat application that does not show you who is in a channel?? Maybe Microsoft Teams is trying to be 'special'??

• Ken Suzuki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not perfect analogies, but how comfortable would you be sending email without knowing who was seeing it? When you walk into a meeting room, you don't look around to see who's there?

Coming from HipChat, not seeing others feels like you're speaking to an empty room. This has a negative impact on engagement.

• Sean Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is now over a year since the promise to implement this feature - which is to simply display a list of people which must already be known to the app and/or server.

• Bernard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are hoping to move from Skype to Teams, but this feature is the only roadblock. Our VP of development is looking outside of Microsoft for other solutions, but I've asked him to hold off a bit longer. Thanks for working on this request.

• James Knorpp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Glad to see that this is being worked on as it is NECESSARY. the ability to look at a group and see everyone's presence at a glance is heavily relied on here and not having it can be a deal breaker. I am encouraged that one of the posts states that you are looking for end of Q2 - 2018 but this needs to have a fire lit under it. We need this.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base