How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Ability to see who is in a channel

Ability to see who is currently in a channel. Hipchat and Slack have this feature

7,269 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Angela Sze shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

314 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An ETA would be nice. It's difficult to convince my users to switch without this basic feature.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

a new update replaces the "follow channel" with "channel notifications." Which is great and much more clear for setting notifications. But, MS just took away the ability to follow a Channel.I think MS is missing the point. Not everyone in a Team is part of every Channel. Just like we can see who is a Member of a Team, we should have the ability to join a Channel and view who is part of that channel.

• Chris Gruhlke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

By not including this, it's clear you're trying to do something different than your competitors. But a quick view of who is available, busy, offline, etc. in a given team or channel is a basic function of a communication software, and the fact that it's not included is a critical misstep on the part of this product's designers.

I shouldn't have to click into Skype, or click into the Chat widget, in order to see if someone is online. I should just be able to throw out a question to my channel and see who is there to answer it. Come on, guys.

• Mike Ely commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Warren, "still in the works" six months ago. How is it that this obvious feature still hasn't been implemented yet?

I swear MS hired the UX people for Teams from a pool of retired Visual Basic UI people. It's like a boomer's idea of what they think millennials want. Dreadful product through and through!

• Marshall Ringler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use chat as the primary means of communication in our small company. The folks on the phone look to the chat screen o see who is at their desk so they can forward calls, etc. I have no idea what the names of employees are on all the teams, but I need to see who is there, and available to talk to at any moment. This is a BASIC feature of ANY chat tool, so I really struggle to understand why it is not the very first thing you see when you click the "Chat" tab!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even the now broken user interface Skype app can see the status of your contacts.
    It'd be nice to be able to see in channel active members in a similar way to Discord, or, err, even IRC applications from the early 80's. Make it an optional setting so those who don't want to see it can hide it.
    Why this was not part of alpha release I don't know.

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Skype for Business has this feature when I group my contacts. I'd like to see a list of user's and their Status that have favorited a Channel. This will let me know if they are available or have updated a status to say what location they are at.

• JR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been almost 1 year of working on this. Just make a /command inside the channel to see who is here. very simple. /whoshere then show a list like a bot reply to show who has participated in the channel, joined the channel in the past month or whatever.

And another slight idea that could be good is to use the AD to help people know who's who /whowho (w/ tittle)

• Andy Z. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And as you are about, please mark the Owner of the Team with a sign, so everyone knows at a glance when an owner is around to assist the members.

• robert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe this wasn't included from the get go. So basic. How long does it take to add something so necessary?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.