How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Ability to see who is in a channel

Ability to see who is currently in a channel. Hipchat and Slack have this feature

2,210 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Angela SzeAngela Sze shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

147 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BrendanBrendan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is basic functionality and the fact that the developers didn't consider it or seem to understand what people want to see is embarrassing.

• Joe CJoe C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is the status of this? This a feature that would be valuable in a variety of use cases for our organization.

• Khris ChessKhris Chess commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to know who is subscribed to a channel so I know if the message I'm sending is reaching everyone who needs to read it.

• Juraj BelinaJuraj Belina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Q:
        Do you want to see who is presently in a specific CHANNEL or just in TEAMS in general?
        Why do you want this — what is the situation you’re in where this would aid you. Understanding your user scenario will help us meet your needs!

A:
        I would like to see it for Teams. Because, I'm addressing certain issues to each relevant person in team, and I need tho know if this person is really online or not.

• JimJim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ironically, so does Skype/Lync. This is kind of like being in a room blindfolded and not knowing who is coming or going. Could be a recipe for disaster if something sensitive was mentioned. We just started using Teams and I hope they don't nix it due to this. Even the solution is bad as it is up to the user to set their status manually unless I'm missing something.

Not to be a putz, but it's been 3 months since your reply;+}

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't think of any other chat application that didn't have this feature, that fact that I have to use the mouse, click and type just to see if someone is online shows that no thought went into this. Maybe they just needed left it out to make sure they could fill half of the screen with empty space

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second the discord interface sentiment. Do what discord does. Has all the active users in the channel.

• Hannu WuolletHannu Wuollet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Specific team/channel - Why? We have team members in different cities and countries. It would be easy to see at a glance who is online and available and if needed click their name to move to a private chat..

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a much needed feature, one idea we have has is to have a drop in IT Helpdesk scenario where user could ask questions. To be able to see if anyone is there to assist and the revesrse to see if there is anyone who needs assistance. Or if they are set to busy but in the channel so someone would not expect an immidiate response

• George WiltshireGeorge Wiltshire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to be able to see who's in a channel to know who's available to answer a question! Being able to @here or @all to address everyone that's in that channel would also be helpful, but only if you knew who was in that channel! Just copy what Slack or HipChat have... it's a very simple idea.

• Ray Piller (VertigoRay)Ray Piller (VertigoRay) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been said a dozen times, but unfort there's no way to +1 a comment so we can get a count of people who agree ... so here it goes again...

Just copy slack.

• Jill FinnJill Finn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Specific Team or Channel for sure...we need to be able to see who is online and available to answer a question/address an issue, etc. without having to jump over to chat or try to view everyone in Teams.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base