How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Ability to see who is in a channel

Ability to see who is currently in a channel. Hipchat and Slack have this feature

4,818 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Angela Sze shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

228 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our organization plans to switch to Teams by the end of the year. I cannot use Teams until this feature is implemented (do you honestly expect us to go and click several times after every message we send to see who might be available to read it? I don't know how this made it out of alpha without the feature.).

There is so much wasted space in this program, it would be so easy to add. Can we please get an update? Literally no similar product to Teams has ever shipped without this feature.

• rory commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I kept thinking I must be misusing a the product - I didn't even conceive this wasn't available. Can't wait until it is done!

Trying to convince my team to move from Slack, it's remarkable such a basic feature is missing.

• Fabian V commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand why this is so hard to do and it is taking so long. The availability is there already when I click on the channel name, just take that view and make it visible all the time just like Slack. It is important to know who is in the actual channel and to know their availability.
        The technology is there, but the UI just need a really good usability/design team. My company is evaluating Slack just because of this feature.

• Steven Machanoff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on when this will be corrected? It seems the dropdown to indicate who is currently on the channel is never accurate and we often see duplicates for the same user

Guys, this is terribly frustrating.
        I need to hover or right click on my channel and know EXACTLY who are the members -or favoring the channel.
        I get that ins Slack
        I get that in very freaking collaboration tool out there.
        Why cannot get it in Teams>

If MS is REALLY serious about collaboration, these basic things should be addressed before they become the long line of frustrated comments it is today.
        And by the way, this is no Russian GRU White House bots or fake news

• Chris Luebcke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been a fundamental feature of messaging platforms since messaging platforms have existed.

• Michael Pedersen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a large team and having a feature to see all members of a channel would be a huge help, especially when I need to start a private conversation with a particular team member. If I need information from everyone on the team and send a request for information to the general chat, I need to be able to see who is online but is not responding so that I can reach out to them.

• Nathan Alden, Sr. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem is, the way Teams is architected, *everyone* is always in *all* channels; there is no concept of "channel membership" in Teams. You can check Team member status (online, away, offline, etc.) by going to the Team management screen and clicking the Members tab, but those several clicks are annoying. I hope that when Microsoft finally gets around to implementing private channels that they also handle channel status at the same time. The two features should be inextricable.

UNC School of Medicine could really use this feature. We use Teams for med student communication.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base