How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Ability to see who is in a channel

Ability to see who is currently in a channel. Hipchat and Slack have this feature

6,300 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Angela Sze shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded  · 

This feature item is still in the works. Unfortunately I don’t have any additional details to share. I will keep you posted as I hear new info from the feature team.

-Warren

286 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this was probably detailed before, but here is what i would like to see:
        - channel subscribers?
        - online status of the members?

I have had people insist that MS Teams is not a chat solution because it doesn't have this and the ability to do @here

This feature is one of the most basic requirements of a chat room. Discord has it, Slack has it. ICQ had it, Yahoo Chat rooms had it. Every other chat service in the world has it. There's no excuse not to have this feature available.

• B.Brey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are thinking to move from Slack to Teams but this feature is really important for us.

Also with the @here functionality to wake people up at work.

• Joe Montibello commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using teams for a project that will end in June. Is there any hope this item will be available before then?

It's really counterintuitive to set up a communications channel and not know, definitively, who is or is not getting the messages you send to that channel.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be really great if "View Members" could have its own tab in each team.

• Dave Horlock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As far as I can see without this I need to '@' everyone - at which point I might as well send an e-mail!

This is a feature that has been part of messaging platforms since ICQ/MSN - it would be good if microsoft updated to provide this - it would make the usage of STATUS more meaningful to teams.

• Stephanie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Always helpful to see which colleagues are currently online and with a click of the button to be able to direct message them.

I am here like everyone else. This feature would be awesome as my team use to have HipChat, and to be able to see who is online from who is away without having to click several things to see it, would be more user intuitive. Please have this feature available soon!!!

• Julian Cohen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am here like everyone else. This feature would be awesome as my team use to have HipChat, and to be able to see who is online from who is away without having to click several things to see it, would be more user intuitive. Please have this feature available soon!!!

When is this feature expected to be release, now that we don't have hipchat anymore its very difficult to adapt teams without this functionality.

• Geraldine S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see that something has changed as we are no longer able to see how many people get notified when you @mention a channel or Team. Is this related to an update linked to this feature request?

Can this please be a feature? We are being forced to use this at work instead of slack. For the love of God, please make this more useable!

• David Robertson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It should be a configurable user setting. As a "View" option for each channel. "Show / Hide Team Members Panel" or something.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15

Feedback and Knowledge Base