How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Ability to see who is in a channel

Ability to see who is currently in a channel. Hipchat and Slack have this feature

6,822 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Angela Sze shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
working on it  ·  Warren responded  · 

This feature item is still in the works. Unfortunately I don’t have any additional details to share. I will keep you posted as I hear new info from the feature team.

-Warren

297 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Skype for Business has this feature when I group my contacts. I'd like to see a list of user's and their Status that have favorited a Channel. This will let me know if they are available or have updated a status to say what location they are at.

• JR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been almost 1 year of working on this. Just make a /command inside the channel to see who is here. very simple. /whoshere then show a list like a bot reply to show who has participated in the channel, joined the channel in the past month or whatever.

And another slight idea that could be good is to use the AD to help people know who's who /whowho (w/ tittle)

• Andy Z. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And as you are about, please mark the Owner of the Team with a sign, so everyone knows at a glance when an owner is around to assist the members.

• robert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe this wasn't included from the get go. So basic. How long does it take to add something so necessary?

• Ben Wann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see that you are working on it, but when I look at the O365 roadmap site, and select "In Development" or "Rolling Out", I don't see an item on there that maps onto this request.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=Microsoft%20Teams%2CIn%20development%2CRolling%20out#owRoadmapMainContent

This is a big deal feature for us coming from HipChat to Teams. In a digital team, quick visual presense checks are essential, and there is not a way to do this easily that I can tell yet.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem here. I need to see the quick online status of multiple/all team members like I do with SfB. Tough to get folks to switch to something that removes basic features.

• Marco Casamento commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

would like to switch to Teams from slack but can't accept to continuously switch between "chat" and "teams" windows. it's such a basic features I can't believe it doesn't exists

this was probably detailed before, but here is what i would like to see:
    - channel subscribers?
    - online status of the members?

I have had people insist that MS Teams is not a chat solution because it doesn't have this and the ability to do @here

This feature is one of the most basic requirements of a chat room. Discord has it, Slack has it. ICQ had it, Yahoo Chat rooms had it. Every other chat service in the world has it. There's no excuse not to have this feature available.

• B.Brey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are thinking to move from Slack to Teams but this feature is really important for us.

Also with the @here functionality to wake people up at work.

• Joe Montibello commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using teams for a project that will end in June. Is there any hope this item will be available before then?

It's really counterintuitive to set up a communications channel and not know, definitively, who is or is not getting the messages you send to that channel.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15

Feedback and Knowledge Base