How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Ability to see who is in a channel

Ability to see who is currently in a channel. Hipchat and Slack have this feature

5,302 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Angela Sze shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

244 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alastair commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would really help - it should save me tagging a long list of people explicitly if I can see they're already following the channel.

• Scott Hooper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update since August 1? This feature is of critical importance to my customers long term plans.

• JL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutley a fundamental feature of any messaging platform.

Currently evaluating teams, looks like it will get a NO

• ay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not only this is extremely important for easy adoption, it would be even better if as the admin, I can tell who has to favorite a channel, and prevent them from moving. (auto-favorite is just too broad)

Not everybody in my organization is computer savvy, or diligent, and as I am trying to move them from an email only world, it is imperative that I can be sure they are not missing important posts...

• Kirk Foutts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must! How I can ask someone to use a tool for a team and not let them see who the team members are.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a easy feature...not really private channels, maybe involved the WHOLE Microsoft backend security design.

• Derek Price commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's unbelievable to me that this is not a feature. This and poor Jira integration are my two biggest reasons for not using this product over #slack.

Not having this feature really takes away the value of this tool. How can you put Teams into production without this basic function? This is like working blind, when you have to know who is in the channel

Our organization plans to switch to Teams by the end of the year. I cannot use Teams until this feature is implemented (do you honestly expect us to go and click several times after every message we send to see who might be available to read it? I don't know how this made it out of alpha without the feature.).

There is so much wasted space in this program, it would be so easy to add. Can we please get an update? Literally no similar product to Teams has ever shipped without this feature.

• rory commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I kept thinking I must be misusing a the product - I didn't even conceive this wasn't available. Can't wait until it is done!

Trying to convince my team to move from Slack, it's remarkable such a basic feature is missing.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Feedback and Knowledge Base