or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Angela Sze shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Warren responded  · 

Good news. The feature, Unified Presence (aka same presence as Skype for business) is rolling out.

The feature update has started rolling out to customers.
    PLEASE NOTE: Not everyone will receive the update at the same time.

You can read more about the March releases on the Teams Blog – https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams-Blog/What-s-new-in-Microsoft-Teams-April-update/ba-p/179801

Thank you very much for all your feedback.
    -Warren

521 comments

Comments are closed
    • Henry C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having been hugely impressed by Teams so far, I would support the winding down of SfB.
      Migrate the functionality, do Teams video calls on the mobile apps, and do away with the traditional Skype client. This is far nicer.

• glblinck@microsoft.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with edev on this. The functions of the SfB client should be moved to Teams. This would give one place for chat/voice/video and eliminate a lot of duplication between the clients.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And currently I show as "away" if the client is minimized for too long. If it followed the same behavior as Skype for Business that would be super useful

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I am at my computer working in other applications, Teams should not mark me as "Away". I'm very much NOT "Away". Base the Away status on computer idle (as in, actually away-from-keyboard).

(A customizable Away time setting would be nice, too)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The integration between the two doesn't seem to extend as far as presence. During a Skype 4 Business conference call, you show as "In A Conference Call" on Skype and available on "Teams".

• Aaron Dang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes please I hate being signed on to a million separate programs. Let me knock out skype with msft teams

• Justin King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let's be honest: this is largely yammer 2.0 and I expect when this goes live to see an active push to get people off of yammer.

Few more tweaks and you could say the same of Skype, really.

• Steven Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Glad to see this topic being addressed. In addition to Skype for Business (old Lync) we now have Yammer messaging/newsgroups and TFS Team Chat as well. What is the Microsoft plan to consolidate all this Yammer-like conversations into one storage/knowledge retention facility?

• Kyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I lock my WIndows 7 computer, my Teams client is still thinking it is 'active' because I am not getting any notifications on my phone. Locking my computer should be a clear indication that I am no longer 'active' there.

• Eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow for custom presences like Demo , Client call, Lunch, whatever status as you can set through the registry for Skype for Business with a text file. The built in option would be best, but the registry with text file works as well.

• Garry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great we can manually set our availability but if we're using Teams and it's set to Available, it times out way too quick when switching to another app quickly to do something else.

Would be good to keep the availability settings fixed when set manually (as in, if I choose Available, it should stay that way until I either close Teams or switch to another status) or if it has to automatically switch to Away after a period of inactivity then let us specify a time period (15 mins, 30 mins, 1 hour etc) before doing so.

I had a few instances where colleagues emailed me because they thought I was literally away when all it was I was doing something else with Teams still running.

• Andy Bocko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Deeper integration is a must in all Office apps. Teams should show up in SfB client. I don't want to have 2 IM/chat experiences from 1 vendor.

• Charles Wallace commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe integration with Skype for Business is certainly needed .... unless you are planning to move all of the features from Skype for Business (specifically voice features and meeting functions) into Teams.

• edev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I disagree. The goal should be to flush skype for business as fast as possible and any extra work that might delay Teams deployment or keep skype for b around longer is a bad idea and a waste of development. Its time for lync to be put to sleep.

Feedback and Knowledge Base