or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Angela Sze shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  AdminWarren (Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Teams) responded  · 

The unified presence is getting closer to release! It is still in development and planning to launch in Q1 of 2018! (The Office 365 Roadmap can be found at: https://products.office.com/en-us/business/office-365-roadmap?featureid=24191#abc )

When unified presence ships users will then have an aggregated presence across both Teams and Skype for Business. This means that if you answer a call on Teams, your status will be “In a call” both in Teams as well as in Skype for Business. These scenarios will also work the other way (if you take a call or start presenting from Skype for Business). There is no requirement for you to run both clients – this simply makes the presence more accurate for those who do happen to run both clients simultaneously.

This update will also bring Teams presence calculation more in line with the Skype for Business logic you may be used to, meaning that your presence will stay “Available” while you are active on your machine even if you are not active in the Teams app itself.

I’ll keep you posted as more information is shared!
    -Warren

514 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The status display when viewing a user in Teams would be useful, removing the need to click on their name to find out what the red dot is (either busy or actually in a call)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once you get this fixed, it would be nice to have the status display in the To: line when you are typing their name. Currently, you have to select them and then mouse over their name to see the status.

• Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This function is available in Skype for business. As you will be using teams to replace Skype for this function is a must for Teams.

• Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams is designed to help us communicate and spend less time on emails, without the option of being able to set an out off office means delays in projects being completed and people moving back to emails, which reduces collaboration within an organisation. This should be a easy fix yet have a massive impact on people using this tool.

Now if only Do Not Disturb could be set in outlook appointments and then show up in Skype and Teams.

• Julian Knight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the update Warren. Will it (or is it) possible to switch the default app for Skype for Business links?

Currently, our users create meetings with SfB links in them but this always fires up SfB client of course meaning that the link can't be used in Teams.

• Sergio Nesbitt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also need to have the ability to use Teams only and the presence icons show in Outlook without having Skype for Business open.

• Travis Terrell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will this fix the problem where Teams switches users' status to Away as soon as window focus is lost? That is a showstopper and keeping my business of 2,000 from switching from Skype for Business to Teams.

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You are putting all this work into a feature that customers do not care about. As many others have stated in this thread, the issue here is that the status flips to Away even when users are active in other applications on the computer. This is the problem worth solving. Even a simple workaround like being able to set the amount of time before flipping to Away would help, but I don't mean to further confuse the request.

• Tom Reyes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally needed. If Teams becomes the default collaboration tool, then it needs to absorb the essential Outlook features

• Justyn Davidson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Unified Presence" between the two clients is not the genesis of this issue. Making Teams presence work the same as S4B is the issue. My team does not have Skype, nor will they ever have it, but we do have Teams. Zero value in making the two clients work together if Teams will not work correctly on its own. I think the MS business analysts are lost on this issue and the critical importance it has. We have been on Teams since the summer but can't use it to accurately identify if a teammate is online. Sad.

The application isn't worth its weight in bytes if the basic elements of communication and collaboration are broken. You're really missing the mark.

• Andreas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The following is now under launched in the roadmap but clearly this is not completed yet as my S4B and Teams clients do not have the same status at all:

Microsoft Teams - Unified Presence
        This is one of the SfB messaging capabilities coming to Teams that supports unified presence between Teams and Skype for Business.
        https://products.office.com/en-us/business/office-365-roadmap?featureid=24191

• Jon DeGroot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with everyone below. Teams needs to show me available based on my activity on the computer not within Teams. I'm not interested if a user recently messaged someone in teams. I'm interested if they are at their computer and will respond.

• Gary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Exactly. "Unified presence" isn't really what this issue is about. It's about making Teams presence actually useful/helpful in the real world. If I'm working at my computer, my presence should be set to Available unless I change it... just like SfB. Make presence work well. That's it. That's what we've been asking for for almost 1 year now.

• BPenney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. There has been multiple times I have been on PTO and since most people use chat based communications in my environment they dont even email.

If integration between Outlook cannot be done (which wouldnt make sense if it couldnt be done). At least add an option in teams to put PTO next to your name or some sort of presence option.

The main issue isn't being addressed. Teams needs to auto-update the presence based upon whether you are active on the computer, just like SFB did. If someone hasn't moved their mouse in 10 minutes it should go to idle status etc.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26

Feedback and Knowledge Base