Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Angela SzeAngela Sze shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  SuphatraAdminSuphatra (Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Teams) responded  · 

Start off your weekend with good news: we’re working on this!

Thanks to everyone who brought this feature to the forefront and shared feedback on their use case scenario. Very helpful!

I wrote some more product updates on today’s Teams blog in my weekly column, “Weekend Reading” —
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams-Blog/Weekend-Reading-3/ba-p/65897

Cheers,
    Suphatra

451 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Already been working on this for 2 months.
        Have you any idea when you will complete the work?

• KatrinaKatrina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The latest response was posted in April of 2017. Any updates since then?

We are also running both skype for business to show the presence (i.e. 'attendance' at work), and using Teams for continuous messaging. Would love to switch over to just one program.

• RayRay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah this is also a complete no go for us as well since I need this and a way to manage messages in groups, properly if you will. Can't actually move to this until those pieces get flushed out. These half measures are not cutting it.

• ed hansberryed hansberry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would this implementation follow Outlook calendar status too, so "busy" if in a meeting, or "out of office/away" of OOA is on or meeting is set to Working Elsewhere or Out of Office?

• John BlackJohn Black commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on this? This is a dealbreaker for us. We can't roll out Teams at all until it's in.

To respond to your earlier query, we would love to completely replace Skype with this. I hope Teams presence won't require Skype to remain installed.

• RayRay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To clarify I am going to see a user's presence without having to send them a message first right? I ask since this really needs to be added like yesterday because it is insanely frustrating not knowing what he status of someone is until you send them a message.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams really needs to present the individuals in your teams/originization in the same way Skype for business does who is available and their status. If collaboration is to happen then you cannot sit there wondering is one of your team members is going to respond or is available. You also need to see a list of the people or groups you communicate ... not just a list of the last people you messaged. We are virtual and this is essential!!!

• Oded SittonOded Sitton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does it mean that user's presence at Teams will take into an account also user's Outlook Calendar as S4B does?

• stuart.loughstuart.lough commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I run both S4B and Teams. If Teams would show me appropriately available, away, in a meeting, then I would just use Teams.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use SfB and Teams, and will continue to do so.
        Presence should be the same as SfB

• Eric McCormickEric McCormick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The majority of my company is still on Skype for Business, so wanting to maintain a visibility of presence to them, I run both S4B and Teams. If Teams would show me appropriately available, away, in a meeting, then I would just use Teams.

• CraigCraig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are using Skype for Business at the same time because honestly, SB users are not getting Teams sent messages and vice-versa STILL. Teams still doesn't do regular Skype either.
        Also, Skype for Business presence takes into account calendar events and meetings, as well as activity on the machine.

But seriously for collab with external contacts we are still using Slack because external contacts are not in our AD nor will ever be.

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see Teams status set based on machine activity with the option to override manually.

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Skype for Business is horrible, but it seems to get presence right most of the time. I think you need to allow options to either fix presence manually (eg. I'm busy), base it on machine use (eg. Away after a period of inactivity, screensaver kicks in, or the machine is locked), or base it on Teams usage (as it is now - I can see a use case for this: while I'm in Teams I'm available for chat, but when I switch to another application I'm doing real work, so "Don't disturb"!). Default should be the second option, that's what most people will be used to.

• Michael RayMichael Ray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it should be a combination of both. Skype for Business presence takes into account calendar events and meetings, as well as activity on the machine. Why can't Teams do that as well?

My company also uses both Teams and S4B. Part of the issue is presence... people who are looking at Outlook or S4B see me as away/offline if I don't have S4B open, even if I DO have Teams running (regardless of Teams' presence indication). So I keep S4B open because otherwise people won't know they can message me (even though Teams does receive messages from S4B). Additionally, S4B allows us to schedule meetings in outlook, which we can later join directly from the event notification. This is nice, and currently (as far as I know) Teams does not allow us to do this. Finally, we also collaborate with external resources who do not use S4B, but do use just the normal Skype. Skype and S4B can talk to each other, but as far as I know, Teams cannot talk to regular Skype.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23

Feedback and Knowledge Base