Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Angela SzeAngela Sze shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Start off your weekend with good news: we’re working on this!

Thanks to everyone who brought this feature to the forefront and shared feedback on their use case scenario. Very helpful!

I wrote some more product updates on today’s Teams blog in my weekly column, “Weekend Reading” —
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams-Blog/Weekend-Reading-3/ba-p/65897

Cheers,
    Suphatra

460 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David B.David B. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is extremely frustrating as I end up using S4B to see if someone is busy before I can go to Teams and chat with them. I've seen no improvement at all since starting to use Teams 6 months ago.

• Matt ShaferMatt Shafer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Alex, that's fine. It's the same "behavior", IMO, that we're looking for.

Consider this scenario: You have teams on another screen and are plugging away at something on your main screen and someone needs to get your attention for a quick question. The way this currently works is the other person will see you as away. The only way you appear online is if you're actively interacting with the Teams client. So now let's consider the very real possibility that you're a remote worker and your boss see's you as "idle" all the time. This can affect how they scrutinize your work among other things. You would think with the great presence that S4B has, Teams would get the same treatment since it's clearly going to replace S4B given your article

• Justyn DavidsonJustyn Davidson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

S4B has the best Status/Presence format in its class. Integrating that same functionality needs to be an immediate priority. Without Presenting and On A Call there is a huge gap in collaboration usability. And of course the basic reliability of Presence on the desktop version needs to be addressed in concert.

• Matt ShaferMatt Shafer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm with Gary on this. I understand priorities shift, but there must have been some work on this in the last 4 months? The pitch has been that Teams is where MS is putting its development resources. Since this is a top 10 suggestion, I would expect better movement on this. The real gripe is that users appear as away even when they're at their PC working actively.

• Gary EvansGary Evans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How in the world has 4 months passed and this has not rolled out? My office complains about the presence almost daily and I keep telling them "Microsoft is working on it." I've been telling them that for 4 months. Come on guys, what's the hold up? Remember the new Microsoft, iterative product releases? :)

• Paul YoungbergPaul Youngberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? I'm assuming it'll get full attention after Guest access launches, but I get questions about this frequently from my clients - there's lots of interest out there!

• TT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Already been working on this for 2 months.
        Have you any idea when you will complete the work?

• KatrinaKatrina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The latest response was posted in April of 2017. Any updates since then?

We are also running both skype for business to show the presence (i.e. 'attendance' at work), and using Teams for continuous messaging. Would love to switch over to just one program.

• RayRay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah this is also a complete no go for us as well since I need this and a way to manage messages in groups, properly if you will. Can't actually move to this until those pieces get flushed out. These half measures are not cutting it.

• ed hansberryed hansberry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would this implementation follow Outlook calendar status too, so "busy" if in a meeting, or "out of office/away" of OOA is on or meeting is set to Working Elsewhere or Out of Office?

• John BlackJohn Black commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on this? This is a dealbreaker for us. We can't roll out Teams at all until it's in.

To respond to your earlier query, we would love to completely replace Skype with this. I hope Teams presence won't require Skype to remain installed.

• RayRay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To clarify I am going to see a user's presence without having to send them a message first right? I ask since this really needs to be added like yesterday because it is insanely frustrating not knowing what he status of someone is until you send them a message.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23

Feedback and Knowledge Base