How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Support for Private Channels

Looking for the ability to create a channel that only channel members can see. Private channels are available in slack. There is an admin for private channels who is the creator, and they are the ones who add/remove users.

Five types of public/privacy that is being asked for by users:

- Public-Open (visible anywhere including outside the org and anyone can join)
- Public-Invitation (visible anywhere including outside the org, must be invited)
- Company-Open (only visible inside the org and anyone in the org can join; outside the org must be invited)
- Company-Invitation (only visible inside the org, must be invited)
- Secret (invisible to everyone except existing members, must be invited)

15,896 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Angela Sze shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Microsoft Teams users — I want you to weigh in on new features around channels and group chats. The engineering team and I have put together this survey to find out how you want to see channels improve. You can fill it out here: https://microsoft.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_esTxHdABLQxKLvn

And I’m still waiting on approval to get you a good update about Private Channels. I can say that we ARE working on it, fervently.

Thanks and ping me any time, for anything at all: www.twitter.com/skprufo or sparavi@microsoft.com. I’m a little behind on email but catching up, so apologies for delays there!

Suphatra

1386 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

STILL no update? Suphatra, are you here? Feels like this page is rather pointless. No update, no progress, no timeline - from all we know.

Pleeeeease could we get an update on this? When will it come and how will it work?

• Bjørn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a blocker for our deployment and i need an update on when this will be in the product so i can plan this in, or we will need to use a different product

OK - you've had Christmas - we've had a ridiculous proliferation of separate team sites as a workaround for lack of private channels. This is dire

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe there are more then enough companies looking for an update Microsoft!

MICROSOFT - Can you please provide an update on this? This is a critical need for larger companies and has been in these threads for almost a year. Decision is to be made for Cisco WebEx Teams vs. MS Teams, and right now it's WebEx Teams unless we can an update/date that MS has commited to.

private channels are essentiell, otherwise MS teams is useless for big companies

• Farouk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

URGENT - we need "Private Channels" ! Looking forward to hearing from you very soon...

• PeteG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, can we have an update please? We have planned our roll out of teams around having this feature and we have no idea of when it will be released.
        Some communication please.

• Anna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While we have members of an overall MS Team we do not want all Members able to access all Channels. Main reason being security of files and confidentiality. Also, some Members just don't want to be part of all Channels. Only want to see what information is relevant to them. They may not be a part of that Channel groups work.

• EddK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we have an update please?

We started using Teams 9 months ago based on the fact you were "working on it".

Can you tell me how long is left to "work on it"?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 69 70

Feedback and Knowledge Base