Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by me (Suphatra) and I’m a real person, not a robot. I work on the Teams team and sit in engineering, and its my job to represent your voice in the design and development of this product.

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which I check religiously!
5 — PARTICIPATE in user testing (sign up here: https://1drv.ms/xs/s!AryUNzh1ogZzif8pDcOcx2pW45I87w)

Thanks everyone for supporting Teams. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,
Suphatra

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need full capabilities of Planner in Teams

Right now you can add a new tab for Planner in Teams. However, you are not afforded all the capabilities of Planner in this tab. Its really "Planner Lite." Here are some items you cannot do with Planner in Teams:

1) If you create a Planner in Teams, it will not be shown in Planner itself!
    2) you can go to the group (in web outlook) wich is automatically created for the team and click there on planner and it will take you to the planner for the new group, which then cannot be displayed at teams, but the team…

4,928 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

319 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Planner team has updated the Planner tab to include the Schedule and Charts views. Drag and drop tasks to schedule them and check status with the charts view, all within the Planner tab.

The completed items are now 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, and 8.

The remaining item #5 is still actively being worked on, and we hope to have an update for you soon.

As a bonus #9, we also expect to roll out Guest Access Support very soon.

I’ll keep you posted as more things develop!
      -Warren

• slash commands are a must-have

Slash commands for just about every type of function are a must have. They are familiar and easy to use without having to touch your mouse, they are UI-agnostic. Admittedly not terribly discoverable – but the UI is even worse, as their is no real option for auto-completion of UI elements, now is there?

1,477 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  PowerBar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for the feedback. I want to acknowledge that we understand this is not what you were expecting and we are working hard to innovate and create an awesome experience for you.

We have some big plans for how slash commands will be used in the near future. This does include being able to use them from your chat bar, though I cannot give further details. I have seen the prototype, and as an avid slash command user myself, I can honestly say that I’m extremely excited to see where it is going with Teams. It will take some time to get it right, but when it is ready I honestly feel you will be very impressed with the final feature!

-Warren

• Notification for Planner Tasks

Planner and Teams just needs a notification - when a task has been created for an assigned user that user should receive a notification - currently we are doing a work around by starting a conversation with a mention of a member name
        thanks

1,013 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Let us make the font size bigger

Make a way to make the font size in the application bigger.

710 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

The zoom feature has released to the public ring. Using CRTL + or CTRL – zoom in and out on a Windows PC. This functionality is also available on the Mac. The item tracking this specific update can be found at: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/admin/v3/suggestions/16933183/activity

Currently there isn’t an UI element that tells you your current zoom level but that, along with Settings within the UI to preset your zoom preference, will be coming a bit later.

Since the zoom feature could very well cover the vast majority of user needs, based on the majority of comments and feedback, I will flag this item as Partially Done.

Thank you for all the feedback and support!
            -Warren

• Federation

Hi everyone -- I'm splitting this feature out from the "Guest Access" feature request so that you can weigh in on this specific issue and provide feedback for it here. Please write in the comments what you would like to see with Federation and I will incorporate it into this description. -Suphatra

FEDERATION REQUESTS:

#1 -- When our team have a live call meeting we can not add people to the call that doesn't belong to the team, even if they are from the same company. Additionally can we brought client which will be federated.

#2 -- Need to be…

655 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Add option to make emoticons smaller or be turned off

Would like the ability to turn off all emoticons. Every chat application I've ever used (Skype, Lync, Slack, Hipchat) allow this option. Or/and make the emoticons smaller.

It would also be nice to have the option to minimize an emoji or resize an emoji within the chat feed once a user has posted it. Currently ‘edit’ or ‘delete’ is available per message, possiblly if ‘minimize’ or ‘collapse’ option would make this possible? This would enable the viewer of the feed to create their own visual experience/not have to look at emoji if they don’t want to.

406 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Scalable UI (zoom feature)

It would be great to have the Teams desktop app UI to be manually scalable. The default scaling should be set based on the system settings for scaling, but the UI should be scalable independent of this.

(should I mention Slack allows zoom in/out with Ctrl+ + and Ctrl+- key combinations and Ctrl+0 restores default setting)

I find the desktop UI too small for my eyes. I do have scaling enabled on my Windows computer, and other apps and programs work well, but the Teams client bothers me being too small.

317 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The zoom feature has released to the public ring. Using CRTL + or CTRL – zoom in and out on a Windows PC. This functionality is also available on the Mac.

Currently there isn’t an UI element that tells you your current zoom level but that, along with Settings within the UI to preset your zoom preference, will be coming a bit later.

Therefore, I will flag this item as “Partially Complete” until settings feature is enabled.

Thank you for all the feedback and support!
                  -Warren

• Channel Limit (Increase beyond 200 limit)

We have run into a situation on a team, let's call it "Vendors" where we post data on vendors that we use. We set up a channel for each vendor but have "reached the limit" on the number of channels in a team. Is this something that can be controlled through an admin panel or is there another way to increase/remove the limit.

157 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I apologize for the long silence. The channel limit of 100 has been increased to 200 channels.

That being said, deleted channels apply to this limit. The feature team is working on this.

What will happen is in the near future a retention limit will be set so you can still go back and reinstate a channel you had deleted. Once the retention period has expired then the channel will get a hard delete which will free up the space and no longer count toward the 200 channel limit.

I’ll make sure to get more consistent updates on this topic for you!
                    -Warren

• Mobile App

Android/mobile app:
                    1) universal search function for files, messages, chats, and groups
                    2) directly send invite to join teams, instead of chat only option
                    3) ability to create new team, project, or group
                    4) view calendar/schedule inside app

69 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base