Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. slash commands are a must-have

Slash commands for just about every type of function are a must have. They are familiar and easy to use without having to touch your mouse, they are UI-agnostic. Admittedly not terribly discoverable – but the UI is even worse, as their is no real option for auto-completion of UI elements, now is there?

1,812 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

62 comments  ·  PowerBar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    partially done  ·  Warren responded

The slash command changes are still in the works. I hope to have more details to share soon.

-Warren

2. Allow removal of people from Group Chats

Once a person is added to a group chat. You cannot remove them. You must create a new chat and lose all the history.

1,331 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

186 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The ability to remove a user from group chats (including meeting chats) is now available on desktop, and coming soon to mobile.

How it works: A user can go to any group chat of 3 or more people and navigate to the roster and by hovering over any user you will see the “X”. Clicking on this will show a confirmation dialog. Then the user must select remove to remove the user. 

What does everyone see: Everyone in the chat will see the control message that says “User A removed User B from the chat”. 

What does the removed user see: The removed user will still have access to the chat history but will no longer see new messages after the point of removal and will not be able to compose messages or make any changes to the chat.

Note: This setting is controlled by your tenant admin, so may or may not…

3. Joining a Team

CHANGE PROMPT:
    Change "Add team" to "Add or join a team": I avoided this button because I thought it would always create a new team. It wasn’t evident to me that I could browse for existing teams there too.

PREVIEW A TEAM:
    Provide the ability to preview a Team without immediately joining, to see what the reason for the Team is and what Channels exist. It’s a little cumbersome to have to join, realize the Team isn’t what you thought it was, and leave.

TEAMS DISCOVERABILITY
    Presently you have to know the name of a team to be able to…

1,240 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

106 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m switching the status to Partially Done.

The request for a Preview Team is still in the works. No new information is available at this time.

Team Discoverability is still being worked upon, no details are available at this time. If you support this idea please navigate over to the main topic and vote for it! https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/

Change Prompt: this has been completed
    -Warren

4. Let us make the font size bigger (Zooming)

Make a way to make the font size in the application bigger.

825 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The zoom feature has released to the public ring. Using CRTL + or CTRL – zoom in and out on a Windows PC.

I need to correct the information I provided last month about MAC. It appears the MAC version is still in testing and hasn’t yet gone out to the public. It is “In Testing” but will be coming to the public soon!

The item tracking this specific update can be found at: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/admin/v3/suggestions/16933183/activity

There now is a UI element that tells you your current zoom level and a Setting within the UI to preset your zoom preference.

Since the zoom feature could very well cover the vast majority of user needs, based on the majority of comments and feedback, I will flag this item as Partially Done.

Thank you for all the feedback and support!
    -Warren

5. Federation

Hi everyone -- I'm splitting this feature out from the "Guest Access" feature request so that you can weigh in on this specific issue and provide feedback for it here. Please write in the comments what you would like to see with Federation and I will incorporate it into this description. -Suphatra

FEDERATION REQUESTS:

#1 -- When our team have a live call meeting we can not add people to the call that doesn't belong to the team, even if they are from the same company. Additionally can we brought client which will be federated.

#2 -- Need to be…

820 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add option to make emoticons smaller or be turned off

Would like the ability to turn off all emoticons. Every chat application I've ever used (Skype, Lync, Slack, Hipchat) allow this option. Or/and make the emoticons smaller.

It would also be nice to have the option to minimize an emoji or resize an emoji within the chat feed once a user has posted it. Currently ‘edit’ or ‘delete’ is available per message, possiblly if ‘minimize’ or ‘collapse’ option would make this possible? This would enable the viewer of the feed to create their own visual experience/not have to look at emoji if they don’t want to.

541 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The ability to turn off emojis is still being worked upon.

Also, there is work to create a compact mode which will also help reduce white space… which in turn will impact some of the complaints are far as wasted space from the emojis as well, that have been voiced in the comments.

Stay tuned for more details.
    -Warren

7. Collapse/expand conversations (hide/show replies)

Users are asking for a few different things:

1. Collapse/expend all button -- single click to collapse or expand all threads
    2. Admin setting for collapse/expand
    3. Button to re-collapse a thread once its been expanded (right now you have to navigate to another channel in order for the thread to re-collapse)

Please add more granular requests in the thread below.

435 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Item 1 and 2 are Under Review.

Item 3 has been Completed.

I’ll keep you posted as I hear more on this request.

-Warren

8. Enable Voice Messaging

Add a voice messaging function like it is common in personal messaging apps like whatsapp, wechart, line etc.
    This can be very useful if on the go for complicated messages to type.

311 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Channel Limit (Increase beyond 200 limit)

We have run into a situation on a team, let's call it "Vendors" where we post data on vendors that we use. We set up a channel for each vendor but have "reached the limit" on the number of channels in a team. Is this something that can be controlled through an admin panel or is there another way to increase/remove the limit.

310 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

86 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As mentioned in the prior status, the channel limit was raised from 100 to 200.

In the near future a retention limit will be set so you can still go back and reinstate a channel you had deleted. Once the retention period has expired then the channel will get a hard delete which will free up the space and no longer count toward the 200 channel limit.

This will help with some of the issues you have voiced in the comments below.
    But I understand many of you wish the limit to be further increased. I will continue to provide your votes and comments to the feature team.

-Warren

10. Move planner tasks to another team

We have created a planner tab in most of our teams. Sometimes a task on the plannerboard has to be moved to another team (e.g. next step on a task has to be executed by a different team), which now has to be done by deleting the task in the original team and adding one in the other team with copying data from the original task.

Possible solution: when editing a task it displays the teamname and bucketname in the left top. When you click on the name you can select a different team (only teams you are subscribed to),…

308 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good news, this feature is partially done. :)

Planner tasks can now be copied to other plans. To copy a task, click on the “…” menu on the task. From there, you can select a different plan to copy the task to.

-Warren

11. 28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base