Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by me (Suphatra) and I’m a real person, not a robot. I work on the Teams team and sit in engineering, and its my job to represent your voice in the design and development of this product.

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which I check religiously!
5 — PARTICIPATE in user testing (sign up here: https://1drv.ms/xs/s!AryUNzh1ogZzif8pDcOcx2pW45I87w)

Thanks everyone for supporting Teams. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,
Suphatra

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need full capabilities of Planner in Teams

Right now you can add a new tab for Planner in Teams. However, you are not afforded all the capabilities of Planner in this tab. Its really "Planner Lite." Here are some items you cannot do with Planner in Teams:

1) If you create a Planner in Teams, it will not be shown in Planner itself!
    2) you can go to the group (in web outlook) wich is automatically created for the team and click there on planner and it will take you to the planner for the new group, which then cannot be displayed at teams, but the team…

4,531 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

294 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We recently updated the Planner tab to now support grouping cards by Progress, Assignment, Due Date, and Labels like you find in the Planner web app.  (#7 on the list) We also added the ability to quickly filter down cards to what’s most relevant for you and your team.   

The completed items are now 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, and 8.

The remaining items (5 & 6) are still actively being worked upon and we hope to have some more update for you soon!

-Warren

• slash commands are a must-have

Slash commands for just about every type of function are a must have. They are familiar and easy to use without having to touch your mouse, they are UI-agnostic. Admittedly not terribly discoverable – but the UI is even worse, as their is no real option for auto-completion of UI elements, now is there?

1,375 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  PowerBar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for the feedback. I want to acknowledge that we understand this is not what you were expecting and we are working hard to innovate and create an awesome experience for you.

We have some big plans for how slash commands will be used in the near future. This does include being able to use them from your chat bar, though I cannot give further details. I have seen the prototype, and as an avid slash command user myself, I can honestly say that I’m extremely excited to see where it is going with Teams. It will take some time to get it right, but when it is ready I honestly feel you will be very impressed with the final feature!

-Warren

• Read Only channel

Would like to create a Public/announcements Read Only channel so that only specified members can post. This allows for authorised personnel to make company announcements, but not everyone can post.

1,231 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Notification for Planner Tasks

Planner and Teams just needs a notification - when a task has been created for an assigned user that user should receive a notification - currently we are doing a work around by starting a conversation with a mention of a member name
          thanks

924 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Federation

Hi everyone -- I'm splitting this feature out from the "Guest Access" feature request so that you can weigh in on this specific issue and provide feedback for it here. Please write in the comments what you would like to see with Federation and I will incorporate it into this description. -Suphatra

FEDERATION REQUESTS:

#1 -- When our team have a live call meeting we can not add people to the call that doesn't belong to the team, even if they are from the same company. Additionally can we brought client which will be federated.

#2 -- Need to be…

614 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Add option to make emoticons smaller or be turned off

Would like the ability to turn off all emoticons. Every chat application I've ever used (Skype, Lync, Slack, Hipchat) allow this option. Or/and make the emoticons smaller.

It would also be nice to have the option to minimize an emoji or resize an emoji within the chat feed once a user has posted it. Currently ‘edit’ or ‘delete’ is available per message, possiblly if ‘minimize’ or ‘collapse’ option would make this possible? This would enable the viewer of the feed to create their own visual experience/not have to look at emoji if they don’t want to.

373 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The emoji size was reduced by close to 50% from the original size. So this part of the request is considered complete.

The option to Turn Off Emojis is still being worked upon. Though no timeline is available at the moment.

As for the concern about it still sending emojis – when the feature is ready it will stop the creation of emojis both at the sender and recipient. Also, you can currently hit CRTL-Z when an emoji starts to pop up to switch it back to text and it should remain text to the users you send the message to.

-Warren

• Mute a channel - (Mute Chat is complete)

I'd love to keep groups/channels in my list, but mute a channel so I don't get those. I get notified whenever some tags a channel eg @General, it's super distracting!

Also would like the possibility to mute a group chat, so no sound or mobile notification should be received for a user that chooses to mute some group chat.

340 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

We have released the ability to Mute Chat to the public ring!

I will flag this as “Partially Done” since we are still working on the ability to Mute a Channel.

I will also adjust the topic title to denote that this item will now track the work towards Mute a Channel.

Thank you for you suggestions and feedback!
                  -Warren

• Support Skype Video Call

Most of the DEVs / Tech use the Teams, but we have a lot of users outside of technology that use only Skype. If Teams can video chat with Skype users, that would be fantastic as it would then require me to have less apps (i.e. Only Teams installed would be preferred)

58 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base