Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by me (Suphatra) and I’m a real person, not a robot. I work on the Teams team and sit in engineering, and its my job to represent your voice in the design and development of this product.

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which I check religiously!
5 — PARTICIPATE in user testing (sign up here: https://1drv.ms/xs/s!AryUNzh1ogZzif8pDcOcx2pW45I87w)

Thanks everyone for supporting Teams. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,
Suphatra

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Introduce the O365 App Launcher in the top left corner

Since Teams is a part of Office 365 why is there no App Launcher aka 'The waffle"in the top left corner ?

254 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

36 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • MAC app fails to update with standard account (needs admin creds)

On most Macs I’ve tried, the automatic update framework is pretty aggressive, and apparently cannot be unconfigured. However, it consistently fails to update the app when I’m logged in with a standard account. The app occasionally prompts for admin creds (I assume it’s making an update helper daemon), and I supply them, but the only Helper process Teams ever runs is owned by the standard account. I’m not sure exactly what to suggest here, because there are several opportunities for change, some of which might obviate usefulness of others. Ideas might be some user interaction to defer the forced relaunch…

134 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Wanted to update everyone that this is in our internal rings being tested, and looking good so far. I still can’t give an exact date, but rest assured it is moving along.

I hear your frustration, and apologize for the delay.

Thanks,
        Alex

• Use cmd instead of alt/option for shortcuts (was @ in Mac application)

Did you noticed that using a Mac, when you try to write an @ doesn't work?It seems that ALT + 2 works as a shortcut and opens the chat window.

131 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Missed Skype For Business Messages Disappear

Currently if I am in Teams and someone from Skype sends me a message while I am away or do not click the notification immediately the message becomes missed completely. Skype For Business will open a window if you have it open but if you do not once the notification window closes the message is lost.

It would be nice to have the message open in Teams, bold like a pending message is so that no messages are lost.

126 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are that much closer to releasing this feature request! This item is now in testing!

I will keep you updated as testing progresses and will provide a release date once we finish these last hurtles!

Thank you all for the great feedback.
            -Warren

• Links to Channels in Public Teams don't work

Links to Channels in Public Teams don't work. If you click a link to a Channel in a Public Team that you've not yet joined, the link does not work. This was a feature just added to the April 26, 2017 update on Windows (release note below).

"Link to a channel or team: Now, you can grab a shareable link to a channel or team just by clicking the … next to the channel or team name. Copy and paste the link in a message or email to give someone a quick and easy entry point to key conversations, files,…

123 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Mute headset microphone using physical mute button during Teams Meetings

During a Teams audio meeting, need to be able to control my mute status with my headset's physical mute button, like I can on Skype for Business.

Example headset: http://www.plantronics.com/us/product/blackwire-310-320

91 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Engineering has fixed the issue of the mute button not working on headsets, and it’s currently in testing in internal Microsoft rings. We hope to have this enabled for all users soon, though I don’t have an exact date.

Thanks.

• option arrow on OSX native keyboard shortcut overridden by teams

Please REMOVE the key binding for option+left/right arrow keys on OSX. The native shortcut moves the cursor word by word (same as ctrl+arrow on windows).... I promise no one wants to navigate to the next tab over with this key binding - please revert this change and don't override any native OSX keybindings.

And please implement the "up arrow" to edit last message. This is a time killer not having this feature.

83 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is in testing!

No exact release date is available but it is making its way through our testing rings and making good progress.

I’ll keep you posted as it moves closer to release.

-Warren

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base