Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Follow us on Twitter: Official announcements come from our @MicrosoftTeams Twitter handle and often reference our blog at https://TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://M365Roadmap

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Linux client

My team has some users on Linux, and one benefit Slack has is a Linux client. Without a Linux client on Microsoft Teams, some orgs may have to turn away in favor of Slack so everyone can participate without keeping a browser open all the time.

7,444 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

958 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Suphatra responded

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback – we hear you loud and clear. After talking this over with the Engineering team, I confirmed this will remain on the backlog and we are actively considering how to accelerate.

Tweet me if you have any questions! @skprufo

Suphatra

2. Ability to archive channels

Would be nice if we had the ability to archive channels. For example: we created a channel for a specific project. Once the project is complete, we can archive that channel or at least move it out of the primary view. I could see the channel list getting large and clunky quickly with multiple projects many of which are complete.

Also, when a conversation in the channel is complete it should be archived or hidden.

6,684 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

443 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

Unfortunately due to re-prioritization this item has slipped back onto the “backlog” for the time being.

I hope to see it move back into “working on it” soon and will continue to engage the feature team with your feedback.
    -Warren

3. Allow drag and drop from Outlook directly to Teams

Dragging and dropping attachments directly from the e-mail window without having to first drag them onto the desktop (for instance) and them from there dragging them to the files tab in Teams would make many lives so much easier.

There are a few suggestions to enable drag and dropping, but it seems that it is already working, at least with the desktop client, but making that work directly from an e-mail window would be very nice.

3,346 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

235 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is still on in the backlog. No new updates available at this time.

-Warren

4. Support hashtags in channels and DMs

Allow clickable links on #hashtagged items ... in a channel or group, perform a search within that group.

For DMs and conversations, search all of your conversations

3,178 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

168 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 3,164 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

422 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create Team from existing SharePoint site, and other requests

#1 User Request on SharePoint:
    Enable integration of Microsoft Teams to an existing SharePoint site rather than to always create a new site collection

There have been a few ideas raised on integrating lists, OneNote, document libraries, etc. from an existing SharePoint site with Microsoft Teams, but in summary, it will be best if we could create a team upon on existing site, so that the "Files" and "Notes" tabs would directly reference the existing document library and OneNote in SharePoint. It does not make sense to have two separate sites: one for all the usual SharePoint stuff, and another…

2,687 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

254 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is working its way through the backlog queue. No new details are available yet.

-Warren

7. Read Only channel

Would like to create a Public/announcements Read Only channel so that only specified members can post. This allows for authorized personnel to make company announcements, but not everyone can post.

(The request for a Public Announcement channel is complete, since the General channel can be controlled by admins and set to read only)

2,170 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Due to a priority shift this request has slipped to the backlog. I hate to bring bad news. I will continue to provide the feature team your feedback and votes.
    Hopefully this will move back up in the queue soon.

-Warren

8. More status options, custom status, and Out of Office

MORE STATUS
    I like the status options in S4B, and so does my boss. It will be important to my boss before accepting the use of MS Teams widely to have a broader range of statuses. Missing statuses are:
    * In a meeting
    * In a conference call
    * In a call
    * Presenting
    * Be right back
    * Off Work

Particularly of importance are "Be right back" and "off work". "Do not disturb" is probably sufficient for "in a meeting", "in a call" and "presenting". But, it sure is nice that S4B auto-detects those three statuses (for the most…

2,046 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

188 comments  ·  People/Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request is still queued within our backlog. No new details yet.
    -Warren

9. Use same date and time format as in my computer's settings

Many people like to use English as their display language, but get confused with the US date format: 11/06 is October 6 in the US, but June 11 in many other countries. Why not display the date according to the setting in Windows?

Same goes for time, of course, where many use 24 hour format instead of am and pm.

1,153 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

143 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Team Templates

A team template!! Much like sharepoint document site or site templates that contain a specific layout and set of documents this would be amazing for a team template. We could deploy a team for each project we had that had a preset assignment of planner tasks and documents attached to it and a preset of channels that goes with that team. Could really make a big difference in the way we deploy and use teams.

1,016 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still queued up in the backlog. No additional details are available at this moment.

-Warren

11. Add other Sharepoint document folders under Files

Please allow adding granular SharePoint document library subfolders to the Files tab. Currently, only the document library level can be added, not sub folders.

This allows adding content from related but separate SharePoint sites without having to provide the entire document library (which may contain irrelevant content to the Team)

933 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

111 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Show video for all people in Video meeting

Currently when in a video chat it only shows the active video for the last 4 people that have spoken in the chat. On the bottom bar it shows icons for all those in the chat. If it could show small video for all those in the chat that have their cameras turned on it would be beneficial. Then everyone on the video conference can see the reactions of others, whether they were the last to speak or not.

This is a problem with most video chatting applications. Google Hangouts it the only one we have found that shows video…

886 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

113 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still in the backlog. No further details are available at this time.

-Warren

13. Add ability to print and/or export a wiki page.

Provide the ability to print and/or export (Word, PDF, etc.) a wiki page(s) that is created under a Team's channel page.

881 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

119 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still on the backlog. I will continue to track this item and provide updates as soon as I get new updates.

-Warren

14. Change which Tab is default landing page for a Team and/or Channel

Right now the conversation tab is the default landing page for a Team and/or Channel.
    I want to be able to have a SharePoint site landing page in a tab and that tab be the default tab open when you navigate to a team or channel.

Think of it like a landing page for that team. You may not want it to drop right into Conversations. If you can have a SharePoint page with a Microsoft Teams conversations web part, you get the best of both worlds.
    I can see a lot of scenarios where you'd want the chat window…

856 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

116 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. When granting access a Security group or Distribution list to a Team. Changes to the security groups/DL does not apply.

When granting access a Security group or Distribution list to a Team. Changes to the security groups/DL does not apply. If a user leaves the company or if we have new users, it is a manual process to add or remove them from a Team. Since we can select a Security group or Distribution list, changes to either should be reflected on the Team members.

828 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

81 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is still working its way through the backlog queue.

-Warren

16. Using Teams Offline

MULTIPLE USERS reporting offline needs:

---

Generally want to use Teams offline:

If I am offline it would be great to browse through Teams and Channels in case I have to lookup some informations.

Also viewing the latest notes in "Notes" on teams would be great.

It would be enough to have "Read only" - for the moment my Teams app does not even open when I am offline

Compared on my mobile - I can read all posts while I am offline.

---

Edit while offline:

just been using teams wiki to take and share notes in a meeting.…

807 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is still queued in the backlog. The team is digging into the details of this item but no new status at this time.

-Warren

17. Gantt view for Planner Tasks

When using The planner tasks TAB, we would to have the possibility to have a gantt view of our planificated tasks

574 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request is still in the backlog, no new details are available at this time.

I’ll continue to watch for new information from the feature team to share with you.
    -Warren

18. Multiple Screen Sharing Option

Allow multiple people to share their screen at one time, similar to how hangout does it.

532 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still in the backlog. No further details are available at this time.

-Warren

19. Include notifications based on keywords.

We need to get notifications based on keywords. For example: I am a subject matter expert for SAP and I like to know when SAP is typed into a channel so I can offer assistance.

395 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Due to a priority shift we need to move this one onto the backlog again.

I’ll keep you posted once we can pick up the forward momentum again.

-Warren

20. group chat picture

Allow users to set pictures / display pictures to represent group chats so it is easier to differentiate them

342 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  People/Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is still on the backlog. I hope to have more news soon.
    -Warren

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base