Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Introduce the O365 App Launcher in the top left corner

Since Teams is a part of Office 365 why is there no App Launcher aka 'The waffle"in the top left corner ?

300 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

43 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi everyone — we have implemented this on the web version.

We will not be implementing it in the desktop app or mobile app due to other high priority engineering items.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Suphatra
    Twitter: @skprufo

2. Renaming a Microsoft Team

Currently when you rename a Microsoft Team it changes the display name to the new team name however on the backend in Exchange the old email address and alias remain, and a new email address with the new team name does not get created. When a Microsoft Team gets renamed it would be nice if a new email address and alias get assigned, and the old email address get shifted to a secondary alias.

200 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Skype chat - both ways

If someone write from Skype, I can read and answer, but I cant start a chat with Skype users.

190 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

78 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It looks like some people in the thread below have figured it out — we actually have this. You can start a chat both ways; the system will automatically recognize if this person is on Skype for Business or on Teams.

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions.

Suphatra

4. Improve "add members" to team

You have to add each member one by one in a team. It would be nice if it could be a grouping option to add multiple users with the same type of permissions (as if I insert a list of people with any delimiter, then check for names and click add) or import users from .csv / .xlsx file (users with roles).

145 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you so much for this feedback. I was actually sitting with a user yesterday who was struggling to add users to a channel because she was typing in names one by one, which is a normal inclination. I showed her that she can put any distribution list into the field (for example, all@mycompany.com) and it would invite everyone who is on that email address. Try it out and let me know if you have any more questions. I’ve also routed this feedback to design so they can implement a sign or something to show people that they can do this.

Thank you for helping us make Teams awesome!

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

5. Enable general view of the organization

It would be amazing if we can see the Org Chart (Organization tab) for the whole company and not have it limited per team or manager.

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Just hover over a person’s avator and click the org chart icon in the screen that appears. Or you can click the “Organization” tab in your 1:1 chat with them. If you want to move around your company’s org chart, just click the different people who appear in the chart.

6. Add a conference room, when scheduling a meeting

When using the Teams "Scheduling a meeting" functionality, it would be really great, if there also was an option to review and book a conference room for the meeting, so that team members also had the possiblity to meet in person and online.

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

we have this!  ·  22 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Planner Checklist

We should be able to reorder items in checklist without having to delete items

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for this feedback! Fortunately, this feature already exists. Just drag and drop items in the order you desire.

Let me know if you have any more questions on this!

Suphatra

8. share a specific application/window in screen sharing

When sharing "screen", add an option to share specific application rather than share the whole screen. I've got a 34" ultrawide and sharing the whole screen with someone using a small 13" laptop screen is untenable.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Warren responded

When you start a meeting and click the share button you are presented the option to share your whole desktop or choose a specific application to share.

-Warren

9. Add personal planner

Have the ability to add a personal planner / to-do list embedded within Teams application.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can integrate Microsoft Planner or Trello as a tab in any channel in Teams. Just click the little + sign in your channel’s tabs section, and choose Planner or Trello from the pop-up window.

10. Add search to channel

Add a search bar specific for a channel (with keyboard shortcut)

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can search inside a specific channel by going to the channel, putting your search term in the search bar, then pressing enter on your keyboard. Then, you’ll see below the search bar a little tab that says “In this channel”. If you click that, you’ll see all the search results for the term in that specific channel.

If you have any questions, just tweet me at @skprufo.

Suphatra

11. Folders inside of channels' file section

Folders inside of the Files section of a channel would be handy

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Just click on “Files” tab from inside the channel, and then click the “New” button. A drop down will appear — select “Folder”.

12. Search previous messages

I know this is new but "Search" is very fundamental to the success of any product. When messages gets pretty long and you remember that you had this conversation before, you search for it. Right now, I don't see a way to search previous messages.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can search your messages by typing your search term into the search bar, and then clicking the “messages” tab that is directly underneath the search bar.

13. owners/admins need ability to delete messages of others -

admins need the ability to delete users messages - this one thing is stopping me from leaving slack. need the ability to moderate.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There seems to be some confusion around how this works. First off the ability to delete messages is off by default.

The IT Admin who setup the Teams environment will need to turn on the admin ability to delete messages. Once they have enabled the functionality, admins will be able to delete user messages.

If your IT Admin as enabled it and you still are having troubles please let me know in the comments below.
    -Warren

14. Shorter Links !

Just make the links shorter, when pasting a link to another location on the chat.

It's always too poluted, We write down a 1 line comment and the link extension has 6 lines (!)

Thanks

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can create add a hyperlink to any text, which will allow you to avoid massive links being copied into the chat/channels.
    Expand the compose box by clicking the icon “A” with a pencil just below your compose line. Once in the expanded view you can create a link by clicking the icon that looks like a chain at the top of the compose box.

You can also highlight your text and use this function to change your selected text into a hyperlink. Once the hyperlink dialog opens update the link location and modify your text if you so desire.

-Warren

15. Ability to @tag all members of a team/channel in a message/post.

Ability to use @everyone or @channel tags to mention everyone on the team or channel in my post.This way, I can ensure that everyone on the team, or specific channel are notified about my message/post (Specifically useful when members have their notification settings are set to "Send me notifications for: Mentions only".).

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Just type “@general” in any channel in the team, and it will notify and alert everyone in that team of the message.

16. Backups, Archiving and History for Legal Compliance

If we use MS Teams for firm wide chat, it is vital that all chat, for infinite history, is stored and recoverable, easily, for legal compliance reasons.

For example, we close a project on which we used MS Teams to discuss and work on together as a firm. We close that project. A year later we enter into litigation for that project. We then need to recall and show proof of conversations regarding that project, and the MS Team chat/channel conversations.

What functionality exists for this in MS Teams?

How do we do the recall if available?

AND How long…

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  IT Pro - Security and Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone — here’s some clarity on our legal compliance.

As of now, Chat history for a Team is stored infinitely and available for eDiscovery/Content Search. So, the answer to your question depends on what you mean by closing the project. If you close the project, but don’t kill the Office 365 Group/Team associated with, everything should be still searchable. You should be able to recall/search for all chat activity that happened within the Team by scoping your compliance content search to the appropriate group mailboxes. The data is not lost.

Please let me know if you have any other questions! You can post a message here or tweet me @skprufo.

Thanks,
    Suphatra

17. rearrange channel tabs

Is it possible to rearrange tabs under a channel?

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  v-brorob responded

Hi Sam,

You can drag and drop the tabs to display in the order you would like them in.

-Brooke

18. Chat sort order

Hi there
    is it possible to change the sort order of chat, so that the newest posts are displayed on top - and not as now the oldest. 

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have this — your chats appear in most recent to oldest, EXCEPT your favorite chats, which currently appear in the order of which you have favorited them.

19. Show team members.

I have no way to know who else is in the team.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Just click the ellipses next to the team name and choose “View team”. It will then show you a list view of everyone that is in the team.

20. Add Subject for conversations

a channel is representing group of ppl that working together on some project or have things in common that groups them. and every project it has its own conversations. but the thing missing about conversations are subjects.

the subject will help in know what this conversation is about from a glance. and if there is an option to collapse all conversations or another view to just view the subjects under each channel that will make navigation faster.

search should allow me to filter by subject as well.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  v-brorob responded

Adding a subject line to a message makes it a lot more scannable for everyone else. To do that, first you need to expand your compose box by clicking format icon. From there, just type the subject line you want in the first line of your expanded compose box.

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base