Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by me (Suphatra) and I’m a real person, not a robot. I work on the Teams team and sit in engineering, and its my job to represent your voice in the design and development of this product.

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which I check religiously!
5 — PARTICIPATE in user testing (sign up here: https://1drv.ms/xs/s!AryUNzh1ogZzif8pDcOcx2pW45I87w)

Thanks everyone for supporting Teams. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,
Suphatra

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Move channels into other teams

We would like to move a project (channel) between groups to keep the information, or be able to sort channels to our liking.

946 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

161 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I wanted to give you all an update on this.

So, we have been reviewing this item and we’ve found that its a very difficult to do, given how our product is currently built.

We are interested in hearing any workarounds you have done in order to meet this need (moving content around), as this may help us think of new ways to solve for this. Please add your thoughts in the reply chain.

Thanks for your help, and the great ideas.

Sincerely,
      Suphatra

• Integrate fully with Planner, Sharepoint, and Outlook Tasks, Calendar

Please integrate more with Planner (hopefully soon with Kanban and timeline visualisation channels for tasks) and/or with sharepoint web parts that do this, so all tasks linked in one place. And Outlook as well (for calendar and emails pertinent to chats and tasks). Until then in effect Teams is yet just another tool to use that is not completely integrated for communication + coordination.

923 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

For this item, we’re still working on this and you have likely already started to see updated Planner and SharePoint integrations over the last two months (namely, the ability to “Bring your own SharePoint Online” and also Planner updates outlined here: https://medium.com/@mansoor.malik/a-few-updates-to-planner-integration-in-microsoft-teams-6e9683d1e085). There’s still more to come though!

Why I’m writing is because I need your help on a related, but different item. Another team, that specializes in our third party integrations, was interested in hearing what tools you like to use and would like to see in Teams.

Just enter your favorites here:
        https://1drv.ms/xs/s!AryUNzh1ogZzif9Ba8ln1ps_y4Z_eA

That will help us tremendously! THANK YOU for your continued support of Teams.

Sincerely,
        Suphatra
        Twitter: @skprufo

• Joining a Team

CHANGE PROMPT:
        Change "Add team" to "Add or join a team": I avoided this button because I thought it would always create a new team. It wasn’t evident to me that I could browse for existing teams there too.

PREVIEW A TEAM:
        Provide the ability to preview a Team without immediately joining, to see what the reason for the Team is and what Channels exist. It’s a little cumbersome to have to join, realize the Team isn’t what you thought it was, and leave.

TEAMS DISCOVERABILITY
        Presently you have to know the name of a team to be able to…

798 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

78 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. You submitted this just six weeks ago and brought it to our attention, and we’re happy to report its now complete!

However, we have some follow up questions for you though:

1 — We want to improve how people first join Teams. Would you be interested in sharing your experience? Please add to the thread below exactly what your experience was when you first joined Teams and wanted to get started. Where you went, what your instincts were, what you were trying to achieve, etc.

2 — Would you want to talk to one of our researchers to share your thoughts? If so, sign up here and note “Join a Team” as your research interest. https://1drv.ms/xs/s!AryUNzh1ogZzif8pDcOcx2pW45I87w

Thanks again for your engagement — you are helping us make Teams better and better!

Sincerely,
          Suphatra

• Importing from Slack, Hipchat, Flowdock, Basecamp, etc.

Hi,
          We are using Slack for a long time and now we are thinking to transition to MS Teams. In Slack it is possible to export all channel content's in JSON with links to files uploaded to slack.
          It could be very useful to have the ability to import the slack history into MS teams.

692 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

I know this feature will make migrating to Teams much easier for so many of you - and that’s why its an important feature. We’re having trouble implementing it because it requires access to information and functionality not yet exposed (create teams, channels, write messages, “imitating” real users, etc.). So, we first are working to make this functionality available-namely, providing a “Create Teams” API, which is difficult and complicated, and thus going to take much longer than we anticipated.

Thus, I am interested in crowdsourcing your creative brains for alternative solutions that could work temporarily while we work on this feature. If you have any ideas or hacks you’ve done to import data from another productivity tool, please share!

Thanks so much, especially for your support of Teams.

Sincerely,
            Suphatra

• Configure app start up behavior

It would be great if I can decide how the app starts up, like start up at boot but minimized, start up at boot maximized, do not start up at boot, etc..

422 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

94 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey folks, is this still not working for you? We pushed an update that may have fixed it. Please log in/out, then select one of the start up config options, then see if it works for you when you launch again. If it does NOT, then please email me your user logs. You can find them here:

C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams

My email address is sparavi (at) Microsoft (dot) com. I’m sorry this is causing such a hassle for you all! We’ll get it fixed, I promise.

Sincerely,
              Suphatra

• Improve Install options - Install for all users and install location

Hi there,

I would like to be able to install for all users of a PC via and MSI, the current installer installs into the users Appdata which means each user has to install manually.

I would like to see a "proper" installer than loads it to Program Files for all users

200 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, thanks for your idea! I have a few follow up questions — would you mind sharing in the comments below?

1. Do you want install privileges so that you can load the program for all users?
                2. Or do you want a central repository which all users can access and deploy programs?
                3. Do you want the access given to specific users only for the installer to deploy programs?

Cheers,
                Suphatra
                Microsoft Teams

• Assign members to channels

I might have a team called IT and channels of IT projects. So assigning members to channels would be great, since it's not the same for each project (channels).

198 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone, can you provide more information on this request? I want to understand if this is the same ask as the ask for public/private teams, or if this is the common issue we get with people unaware they can invite people into a team using a distribution list email address. If you can respond to the thread here or tweet to me at @skprufo, that’d help a lot!

Suphatra

• Incorrect status in teams

We have noticed that our Teams statuses are consistently incorrect. Even when some team members are active in Teams they are shown as "away" or "offline". For example, although I can see that my status is "active", my colleagues see my status as "offline".

Can you please fix this bug?

106 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Link group to AD Group

Why we cannot use our group in Active Directory to create group in Teams?

56 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone, I wanted to check in on this ask because it’s died down since GA, and also because the ask is not totally clear to me.

Right now, we provide a way during the team creation process for you to select an existing Office 365 group. Are you asking to be able to do this same thing, but outside of Teams?

Do let me know!

Sincerely,
                      Suphatra

• fix notification settings

The notification settings in the current version are buggy.
                      Firstly all notification settings are blank, as you can see in the attachment.
                      Secondly when you try to set a setting it disappears again after a second.
                      Please fix that.

28 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • OneNote is broken on Teams

Late last week, OneNote on Teams stopped working whether you are using the desktop application or the web based. Creating a new OneNote tab on Teams, it still does not work as well. All we get for a message is:

"We can't access this notebook.

You might not have permissions to view it, but your IT Admin show be able to help you."

Previously, OneNote had been working. If OneNote is accessed directly with OneNote application, it will work fine.

This appears to be a bug on Teams as others are reporting the same issues as well. Could this be…

25 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Unable to enter accentuated characters from the ALT+<code> method

A couple of months ago, there was a bug about not being able to enter accentuated characters from the ALT+<code> method (ex. ALT+130 = é) but it was eventually fixed.

A couple of minutes ago, there was an update that issue is now back.

7 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Making the dekstop install not so buggy

I have had to install, uninstall, and reinstall both the 32 and 64 versions of Teams on my desktop at least 4 times now. It will work for a day maybe 2 at the most and then go through a spiral of trying to login, closing the program, and trying to login again. This cycle would repeat for an entire 8 hour work day if I didn't force shut down the program. I can't in good conscience roll this out to even a test team in the company if they can't get the download to function properly

3 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              needs your feedback  ·  swatijhaswatijha responded

Thanks for sharing information. Would you mind sharing your machine spec and names of any major software you are running on it (Office, VSO, etc.) so that we could try to recreate similar machine/environment and see if we can repro the issue?

Appreciate your inputs!
                              Swati Jhawar
                              Senior Product Manager, Microsoft Teams

• Half of my screen goes missing

sometimes it scrolls down and I get a gigantic footer that takes half of my screen. The upper half still shows the content but when i scroll only the upper part scrolls the content. I have to ctrl +R to fix the problem temporary.

I can share a screenshot if that helps...

3 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                needs your feedback  ·  swatijhaswatijha responded

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the feedback. Could you please share some screenshots of what you are experiencing when you scroll? Also would appreciate if you could call out is it happening on Web or Desktop?

Thanks!
                                Swati Jhawar
                                Senior PM, Microsoft Teams

• Don't auto fly-out the sidebar if application isn't focused

The Teams desktop window's hidden side bar auto-opens at inappropriate times. When I'm not using the Team's window (not focused) but my mouse pointer passes over it the side bar flies open and then immediately closes as the pointer is no longer over the window. The effect is a sort of flicker if your pointer is moving quickly.

The effect is very distracting as I'm interacting with multiple applications and Teams happens to be between them. I like to keep the window visible and positioned in a "handy" area so see what's going on and quickly interact with the team,…

2 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is very valuable feedback. Can you please provide logs?

You can find them here: C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams

I’d like to send this to our Performance team.

Thank you for the feedback! We’re listening and appreciate your support.

Sincerely,
                                  Suphatra

• Members Can Add New Members Through SharePoint

There is a permission security hole. Members can add other members to a Team by using the SharePoint online interface and editing the group membership. Only Owners should be able to add new members. There is also no log of this in the general channel

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy and Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base