Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by me (Suphatra) and I’m a real person, not a robot. I work on the Teams team and sit in engineering, and its my job to represent your voice in the design and development of this product.

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which I check religiously!
5 — PARTICIPATE in user testing (sign up here: https://1drv.ms/xs/s!AryUNzh1ogZzif8pDcOcx2pW45I87w)

Thanks everyone for supporting Teams. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,
Suphatra

How can we make Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Integrate fully with Planner, Sharepoint, and Outlook Tasks, Calendar

Please integrate more with Planner (hopefully soon with Kanban and timeline visualisation channels for tasks) and/or with sharepoint web parts that do this, so all tasks linked in one place. And Outlook as well (for calendar and emails pertinent to chats and tasks). Until then in effect Teams is yet just another tool to use that is not completely integrated for communication + coordination.

622 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

20 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

For this item, we’re still working on this and you have likely already started to see updated Planner and SharePoint integrations over the last two months (namely, the ability to “Bring your own SharePoint Online” and also Planner updates outlined here: https://medium.com/@mansoor.malik/a-few-updates-to-planner-integration-in-microsoft-teams-6e9683d1e085). There’s still more to come though!

Why I’m writing is because I need your help on a related, but different item. Another team, that specializes in our third party integrations, was interested in hearing what tools you like to use and would like to see in Teams.

Just enter your favorites here:
      https://1drv.ms/xs/s!AryUNzh1ogZzif9Ba8ln1ps_y4Z_eA

That will help us tremendously! THANK YOU for your continued support of Teams.

Sincerely,
      Suphatra
      Twitter: @skprufo

• Joining a Team

CHANGE PROMPT:
      Change "Add team" to "Add or join a team": I avoided this button because I thought it would always create a new team. It wasn’t evident to me that I could browse for existing teams there too.

PREVIEW A TEAM:
      Provide the ability to preview a Team without immediately joining, to see what the reason for the Team is and what Channels exist. It’s a little cumbersome to have to join, realize the Team isn’t what you thought it was, and leave.

TEAMS DISCOVERABILITY
      Presently you have to know the name of a team to be able to…

633 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. You submitted this just six weeks ago and brought it to our attention, and we’re happy to report its now complete!

However, we have some follow up questions for you though:

1 — We want to improve how people first join Teams. Would you be interested in sharing your experience? Please add to the thread below exactly what your experience was when you first joined Teams and wanted to get started. Where you went, what your instincts were, what you were trying to achieve, etc.

2 — Would you want to talk to one of our researchers to share your thoughts? If so, sign up here and note “Join a Team” as your research interest. https://1drv.ms/xs/s!AryUNzh1ogZzif8pDcOcx2pW45I87w

Thanks again for your engagement — you are helping us make Teams better and better!

Sincerely,
        Suphatra

• allow any emoji as a reaction, not just thumbs up

Slack has this: get.slack.help/hc/en-us/articles/206870317-..

733 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I need your feedback!

Which would you rather have and why:

1. A small selection of the most popular emojis, all work safe.
          2. A large selection of all emojis available, for example like as many as Facebook provides.
          3. A medium selection that compromises between option 1 and 2.

Add your voice to the thread!

Thanks,
          Suphatra

• Assign members to channels

I might have a team called IT and channels of IT projects. So assigning members to channels would be great, since it's not the same for each project (channels).

115 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone, can you provide more information on this request? I want to understand if this is the same ask as the ask for public/private teams, or if this is the common issue we get with people unaware they can invite people into a team using a distribution list email address. If you can respond to the thread here or tweet to me at @skprufo, that’d help a lot!

Suphatra

• Auto scroll down when new messages come in

It is annoying to have to click on the “New Messages” button or scroll down manually when new messages arrive. The suggestion here is to keep scrolling down to bottom and to provide a button to jump back to last unread message.

1,668 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

162 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Many of you have posted that this feature is broken for you. Eeek! We want to fix this ASAP. Please send us your feedback on this, especially your user logs. Here’s how:

1. Copy paste the following into your Windows run bar: appdata\Microsoft\teams\logs.txt

2. It will open the text file.

3. Save this file and email it to Darya at this email address: daryav@microsoft.com

Thanks everyone. We’ll get this fixed for you in a jiff.

Sincerely,
              Suphatra

• 1,507 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

147 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This gained a lot of traction five months ago and seems to have tappered off. Now that we’ve created “Follow a channel” — do you still have a business need for this feature? If so, could you share that information in the thread here on UserVoice, under this item.

Thank you,
                Suphatra

• Remove the need to constantly log in

Something has changed, but over the past 2 weeks, each time I reboot, or even resume from sleep, I'm presented with the SSO/ADFS signin page within Teams. As most users don't even notice this, most remain perpetually logged out, defeating the purpose of Teams.

912 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

122 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

HI again everyone, I got your messages that this is not working for some of you on Android.

For the Android app, can you confirm that you’re on the latest build?

We shipped an update on Apr 6th (version 1416/1.0.0.2017040402) that should have fixed the repeated log-in issue. If you’re still getting logged out of the android app everyday, please let us know.

Thanks!
                  Suphatra

• Sync/Import existing Planner

If I already created a Planner before I created the Team, it would be nice to be able to import the existing planner into the new Team.

275 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Configure app start up behavior

It would be great if I can decide how the app starts up, like start up at boot but minimized, start up at boot maximized, do not start up at boot, etc..

391 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

85 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey folks, is this still not working for you? We pushed an update that may have fixed it. Please log in/out, then select one of the start up config options, then see if it works for you when you launch again. If it does NOT, then please email me your user logs. You can find them here:

C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams

My email address is sparavi (at) Microsoft (dot) com. I’m sorry this is causing such a hassle for you all! We’ll get it fixed, I promise.

Sincerely,
                      Suphatra

• Links/attachments in chat

It's a pretty big featureyou're missing when you can't post a link for attachment in chat

53 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Don't auto fly-out the sidebar if application isn't focused

The Teams desktop window's hidden side bar auto-opens at inappropriate times. When I'm not using the Team's window (not focused) but my mouse pointer passes over it the side bar flies open and then immediately closes as the pointer is no longer over the window. The effect is a sort of flicker if your pointer is moving quickly.

The effect is very distracting as I'm interacting with multiple applications and Teams happens to be between them. I like to keep the window visible and positioned in a "handy" area so see what's going on and quickly interact with the team,…

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is very valuable feedback. Can you please provide logs?

You can find them here: C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams

I’d like to send this to our Performance team.

Thank you for the feedback! We’re listening and appreciate your support.

Sincerely,
                          Suphatra

• Making the dekstop install not so buggy

I have had to install, uninstall, and reinstall both the 32 and 64 versions of Teams on my desktop at least 4 times now. It will work for a day maybe 2 at the most and then go through a spiral of trying to login, closing the program, and trying to login again. This cycle would repeat for an entire 8 hour work day if I didn't force shut down the program. I can't in good conscience roll this out to even a test team in the company if they can't get the download to function properly

2 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for sharing information. Would you mind sharing your machine spec and names of any major software you are running on it (Office, VSO, etc.) so that we could try to recreate similar machine/environment and see if we can repro the issue?

Appreciate your inputs!
                            Swati Jhawar
                            Senior Product Manager, Microsoft Teams

• Half of my screen goes missing

sometimes it scrolls down and I get a gigantic footer that takes half of my screen. The upper half still shows the content but when i scroll only the upper part scrolls the content. I have to ctrl +R to fix the problem temporary.

I can share a screenshot if that helps...

2 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the feedback. Could you please share some screenshots of what you are experiencing when you scroll? Also would appreciate if you could call out is it happening on Web or Desktop?

Thanks!
                              Swati Jhawar
                              Senior PM, Microsoft Teams

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base