Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy (https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/tos), including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by me (Suphatra) and I’m a real person, not a robot. I work on the Teams team and sit in engineering, and its my job to represent your voice in the design and development of this product.

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which I check religiously!
5 — PARTICIPATE in user testing (sign up here: https://1drv.ms/xs/s!AryUNzh1ogZzif8pDcOcx2pW45I87w)

Thanks everyone for supporting Teams. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,
Suphatra

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reporting Capabilities

We are after reporting capabilities to capture granular detail on activity within Teams.

We would like to have data capturing:
    1. Number of users enabled
    2. Number of daily active unique users
    3. Breakdown of devices uniquely used
    4. Number of teams created
    5. Number of teams deleted
    6. How many instant messages sent overall in the Chat
    7. How many calls made in Teams
    8. Number of files shared in channels
    9. How many combined ‘likes’ have been made over a period of time

721 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

72 comments  ·  Admin Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Usage reporting is here! For full details on this new feature, read the official blog post: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams-Blog/New-usage-reports-for-Microsoft-Teams/ba-p/132614

I have not marked this as “completed” because we’ll continue to improve this feature and add more capabilities over time. If you have specific feedback to how this feature works or what you’d like to see improved, please add them to the thread here so that we can review and intake for our development/design process.

And as always, if you have any questions, just email me or tweet me at @skprufo.

Sincerely,
      Suphatra

• Edit badge logic in Taskbar Notifications

When a new chat has come in add a red taskbar notification like slack does. I depend on it to know when I have a message.

113 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Link group to AD Group

Why we cannot use our group in Active Directory to create group in Teams?

96 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone, I wanted to check in on this ask because it’s died down since GA, and also because the ask is not totally clear to me.

Right now, we provide a way during the team creation process for you to select an existing Office 365 group. Are you asking to be able to do this same thing, but outside of Teams?

Do let me know!

Sincerely,
          Suphatra

• Ability to hide or minimize gifs

I like a lot about Teams. However, one of the nice features of your main competitor is that on things like GIFs you can minimize them. GIFs are fun, but after the initial fun they are annoying to keep seeing auto playing in the feed. So a way to minimize them in the feed would be great.

85 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I believe the above request is for chats, is that correct?

I ask because for Channels this can already be done.
            In order to disable them in a Channel an admin (or tenant) can click the ellipses “…” next to a Team channel, select “Manage Team” and then choose the “Settings” tab at the top.
            Then under the “Fun Stuff” category you can deselect “Giphy”.

Thank you for your feedback and let me know in the comments!
            -Warren

• Mobile App

Android/mobile app:
            1) universal search function for files, messages, chats, and groups
            2) directly send invite to join teams, instead of chat only option
            3) ability to create new team, project, or group
            4) view calendar/schedule inside app

66 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

I would need some additional feedback about item number 2).

Is the ask for adding someone to a team, as in being able to manage teams via mobile? Or strictly just a single Team invite of a single user so they may join an existing Team?

As for the other items:
              1) search exists for People and messages – additional scope is being investigated
              3) Creation of teams via mobile is under review – but you can already manage your existing teams from mobile and add channels
              4) You can view your schedule/calendar from the mobile app the same as you can from the desktop app

Thank you for the feedback.
              -Warren

• 65 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • OneNote is broken on Teams

Late last week, OneNote on Teams stopped working whether you are using the desktop application or the web based. Creating a new OneNote tab on Teams, it still does not work as well. All we get for a message is:

"We can't access this notebook.

You might not have permissions to view it, but your IT Admin show be able to help you."

Previously, OneNote had been working. If OneNote is accessed directly with OneNote application, it will work fine.

This appears to be a bug on Teams as others are reporting the same issues as well. Could this be…

45 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you are hitting the document library of 20,000 items please try this solution.
                  It is a known issue for OneNote.
                  (Let’s try that again with the correct link :) ) https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/onenotedev/2016/09/11/onenote-api-calls-fail-with-a-large-number-of-items-in-a-sharepoint-document-library/

If you are experiencing something else, please let me know the error messages you are seeing in the comments below.
                  -Warren

• fix notification settings

The notification settings in the current version are buggy.
                  Firstly all notification settings are blank, as you can see in the attachment.
                  Secondly when you try to set a setting it disappears again after a second.
                  Please fix that.

37 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Desktop notifications

Don't send mobile notification when I am active on desktop. The was released awhile, but it still happens to me, as in yesterday it happen a lot.

33 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Solution for guests accounts with an organisation account without Office365 tenant to be able to login at teams.microsoft.com

I have created several guest accounts following the instructions here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/guest-access

Basically,

1. Enabled Guest Access in Office365 Admin Center

2. Added guest account through Azure Active Directory

a. Guest account received email Azure AD "You're invited to the organization"

b. Guest follows the "Get Started" link in the email to create a password

4. Added guest to a Team through Microsoft Teams desktop application

a. Guest account received email Teams "You have been added to a team in Microsoft Teams"

b. Guest follows the "Open Microsoft Teams" link in the email to be sent to teams.microsoft.com

c. Guest is…

29 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Stop bugging me about downloading the desktop app as long as I'm on Linux and there isn't a client for it

I'm on Linux and my user agent reflects that. Please stop showing the annoying and misleading "Want an even faster, more collaborative experience? Download the desktop app." notification - as long as it isn't applicable to Linux.
                        Also dismissing it (by clicking X) only works till next login, which is also annoying.

22 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you to those who have sent logs! One case we’ve identified where this is happening is when using voice or video calling. The engineering team is following up on that. If there are other scenarios, please let us know!

Please send logs to teamsml@microsoft.com:

• Type Ctrl + Shift + Alt + 1 while in Teams
                          • Send the latest “MSTeams Diagnostics Log” from your downloads folder

Thank you!

• Onedrive for Business integration for mobile apps.

Don't know why this isn't available by now. Would it be possible to have OneDrive for Business integrated with mobile apps?

21 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Close the Notification Loop

Notifications could be tightened up a bit.

1) Sometimes when I read messages that cause notifications, the red notification lingers on the channel until I click the channel on the lefthand side.

2) Sometimes after I read a notified message, the Teams icon continues to blink on my taskbar after I've read it.

3) When I acknowledge a notification on the desktop application, the notification remains on my phone and vice-versa.

13 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • some times after refering a person with @person, the editor continues to write in bold/strong

Hmm couldnd figure out where to file a bug? So, this "idea" is actually considered a bug!

some times after referering a person with @person, the editor continues to write in bold/strong

12 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Translator or closed captions in call / videocalls

We are a group in an organization that we are hard hearing impaired, our way to communicate in daily meetings has been using the Microsoft Translator Speech API (https://github.com/MicrosoftTranslator/SpeechTranslator/releases) but at the moment is not working, currently we use Skype Business in our organization. We have tested the option of Skype translator, however we have not been able to use it since our organization is managed with Skype Business (https://www.skype.com/en/features/skype-translator/). And it would be quite useful for us that Microsoft Teams had integrated this option of translator like the Skype Translator (it is our most viable…

11 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Teams crashing about 40% of the time when in calls

Started doing this the last couple of weeks.Pretty erratic: sometimes it is when you share your camera or when you share both camera and screen. Hard to pinpoint what causes it exactly but straight up calls (without cams) seem to work fine.

10 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you are experiencing these crashes, we would like to investigate. Logs will help us do so.

If you’d like to send logs, please:
                                    - type (windows key) + R
                                    - type “(percent) appdata (percent) \ Microsoft \ Teams \ logs.txt” into the open box (without the spaces, parenthesis, and quotes)
                                    - save the file
                                    - send the log file that you saved to teamsml@microsoft.com

Thanks!

• Retain unfinished message if I click away

When I am in the middle of typing a message, and I click on a notification for a new message in a teams channel (for example), I should be able to return to the message I was writing. Currently, when I return the whole message I was writing is cleared. This means I have to finish writing the entire message before I can read my notification.

6 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Making the dekstop install not so buggy

I have had to install, uninstall, and reinstall both the 32 and 64 versions of Teams on my desktop at least 4 times now. It will work for a day maybe 2 at the most and then go through a spiral of trying to login, closing the program, and trying to login again. This cycle would repeat for an entire 8 hour work day if I didn't force shut down the program. I can't in good conscience roll this out to even a test team in the company if they can't get the download to function properly

5 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        needs your feedback  ·  swatijha responded

Thanks for sharing information. Would you mind sharing your machine spec and names of any major software you are running on it (Office, VSO, etc.) so that we could try to recreate similar machine/environment and see if we can repro the issue?

Appreciate your inputs!
                                        Swati Jhawar
                                        Senior Product Manager, Microsoft Teams

• Half of my screen goes missing

sometimes it scrolls down and I get a gigantic footer that takes half of my screen. The upper half still shows the content but when i scroll only the upper part scrolls the content. I have to ctrl +R to fix the problem temporary.

I can share a screenshot if that helps...

4 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          needs your feedback  ·  swatijha responded

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the feedback. Could you please share some screenshots of what you are experiencing when you scroll? Also would appreciate if you could call out is it happening on Web or Desktop?

Thanks!
                                          Swati Jhawar
                                          Senior PM, Microsoft Teams

• Members Can Add New Members Through SharePoint

There is a permission security hole. Members can add other members to a Team by using the SharePoint online interface and editing the group membership. Only Owners should be able to add new members. There is also no log of this in the general channel

3 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy and Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base