Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by me (Suphatra) and I’m a real person, not a robot. I work on the Teams team and sit in engineering, and its my job to represent your voice in the design and development of this product.

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which I check religiously!
5 — PARTICIPATE in user testing (sign up here: https://1drv.ms/xs/s!AryUNzh1ogZzif8pDcOcx2pW45I87w)

Thanks everyone for supporting Teams. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,
Suphatra

How can we make Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Code snippets

I would like code snippets with highlighting based on code language. And for snippets longer than X lines, a "show more" button (like slack)

1,441 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

78 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Recording of video meetings

What about if video meetings could be recorded for later view, and what about if with speech to text technology we can have meeting notes of what we talked in the meeting.

470 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • I want to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time

Original user posted:
        I would like to heave this multi-team/tenant option within “MS Teams”, like in Slack. Currently I’m in four different organization. They’re using all office365, three of them now changed from Slack to Teams. I’ve to permanently login/logout to switch to the related MS Team. This is really time consuming.

Another user says:
        We need the ability to sign in with multiple accounts. Many of us have several O365 accounts for various reasons (consulting, etc), and we’d need to be able to access teams directly.
        This is not a federation or B2B scenario, but…

838 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

132 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Reduce memory usage and improve slow performance

Team is a memory hog! 100s MB! Slack is about 50.

630 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

93 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone, I sent over your feedback to the performance team and they let me know they are actively working on this.

“Our development organization is continually working to improve product performance and has several efforts currently underway around memory usage, action responsiveness and application start time. Updates which improve performance are part of our regular update process. Thank you for your feedback regarding the performance of Microsoft Teams.”

I will check in on them in a few weeks to see if we can get exact numbers/details on what’s been improved, and I’ll let you know.

Meanwhile, have a great weekend and don’t forget to set your clocks forward by an hour for Daylight Savings!

Sincerely,
            Suphatra

Email: sparavi@microsoft.com
            Twitter: www.twitter.com/skprufo

• Notification for connectors

I am not getting any notification when a connector post to a channel. For example a JIRA post to a channel, I would like to get notified by this.

This is checked on Windows 10 Mobile app.

407 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey folks! We definitely understand that the lack of notifications for connectors and bots are painful and we are actively working on it (my team is the one implementing it right now)! Very soon you will be able to receive all standard notifications from these types of “users” just like normal messages from actual people. Stay tuned!

• 2,406 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

439 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Developer API to read/create teams and channels in them.

Slack has dev api to list teams/channels and perform bunch of management operations. It would be great if there's something similar available in Microsoft Teams as well.

172 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Let us make the font size bigger

Make a way to make the font size in the application bigger.

421 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

87 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sending another email since this was merged with a larger ticket. This way everyone gets the update that we’re working quickly to rectify this!

Thanks so much for everyone who commented to let me know it wasn’t done. That was really valuable. I’ve talked to the engineering lead on this item and I’ll let you know when its done.

Suphatra

• External Access and Federation

Collaboration is a core element of how we work which requires the creation of extended teams on a project or long term engagement. Whilst the majority of our teams are internal staff, there is still a critical element of any project that requires the inclusion of our clients and/or external vendors. It is imperative that Microsoft Teams allows for the easy (but secure) inclusion of external parties for the length of any project or engagement.

This is why historically products like Groups etc. have not been adopted as widely as we would hope. If the tool only allows for 60-70%…

4,184 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

248 comments  ·  Privacy and Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

You may have already heard this because we announced this date at our public release of Teams last month, but I thought I’d email everyone just in case they didn’t get the news. We’ve publicly committed to a date for this feature, and it is June!

Its a difficult feature to pull off, and we want to make sure to get it right for you. Thank you for your patience and most of all, thank you for bringing this idea for us! We’re excited to soon be able to mark the #1 UserVoice item as complete. :-)

Sincerely,
                      Suphatra

• Read Only channel

Would like to create a Public/announcements Read Only channel so that only specified members can post. This allows for authorised personnel to make company announcements, but not everyone can post.

409 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Teams Meeting in Outlook

It would be nice to be able to create a Teams meeting directly in Outlook similar to what Skype for Business does now.

273 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  15 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Ability to archive channels and chats

Would be nice if we had the ability to archive channels. For example: we created a channel for a specific project. Once the project is complete, we can archive that channel or at least move it out of the primary view. I could see the channel list getting large and clunky quickly with multiple projects many of which are complete.

Also, when a conversation in the channel is complete it should be archived or hidden.

866 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Privacy and Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

First, I want to remind you that we have had legal archiving in the product for a long time. That means all messages are retained in a compliance folder automatically for you. For more info on this, read here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams-Blog/Top-Features-of-Microsoft-Teams-amp-Information-Protection-in/ba-p/63046

Secondly, for those seeking an end-user way to archive content (essentially, for non-legal reasons), I am happy to report we are actively working on giving you a way to archive channels. We should have this to you soon.

Lastly, archiving chats is a separate work item that we still have in review, as that is harder to solve for. I will let you know when this work begins.

Thanks and hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Suphatra

• Please create a professional compact chat layout!

I really like Teams. I do. But the current chat layout is not suited for professional chats. It's way to space consuming. It looks like something imported from MSN with smiley's that take half of the screen. I would say that Slack have nailed it because they focused on the ability keeping a tight window with lots of chat text visible. In Teams the window is full and starts scrolling after like 10 sentences.

1,565 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

127 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone, thanks for your help on this item and all the feedback you’ve sent. Special thanks to the kind folks who participated in the Twitter Q&A and subsequent research studies.

We now have a design and are conducting 1:1 research testing with users. We need an even representation of demographics, so we can’t take all users. But if you are interested in possibly being someone for testing, please just email me directly (sparavi@microsoft.com) with your name, age, gender, location, industry, job title and experience with Teams (how long you’ve been using it, how often). I’ll forward that on to our research team who will intake you from there.

We’re getting closer to the finish line! Thank you for your patience and your support. Message me or tweet me if you need anything at all.

Sincerely,
                              Suphatra

• Ability to see who is in a channel

Ability to see who is currently in a channel. Hipchat and Slack have this feature

1,649 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

135 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Use same date and time format as in my computer's settings

Many people like to use English as their display language, but get confused with the US date format: 11/06 is October 6 in the US, but June 11 in many other countries. Why not display the date according to the setting in Windows?

Same goes for time, of course, where many use 24 hour format instead of am and pm.

216 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  33 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • IMPROVED Markdown Support

IMPROVE actual markdown:

Disable auto-formatting of markdown
                                  *italic* not *bold* or _italic_
                                  Make it the SAME as GITHUB
                                  https://guides.github.com/features/mastering-markdown/
                                  which is closer to DaringFireball
                                  http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/

IMPROVE for mobile:
                                  Please add markdown support for Android client.

IMPROVE for other languages:
                                  Currently the code formatting doesn't work for german keyboard users due to the system expecting another character after the `
                                  Due to that, Teams does not recognize the ` and interprets it as any other character.
                                  I think that needs to change.

231 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re working to support improved markdown for you, per your feedback and comments. One thing we’ve just knocked off the wish list for you is this: Wiki now supports markdown!

I’ll keep you updated as this progresses.

Suphatra

• Hide the reply button under every message

The "reply" button is WAY too large under each message. I recommend either making the button just a smaller icon and off to the side of a message, or only showing it on hover.

1,048 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

80 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Status not accurate

Used to be that I showed as green when I was active. Now it's constantly yellow, making it look like I'm not active.

328 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone, thanks for the additional comments after I marked this as “completed.”

I’ve looked through the comments and elevated this to the dev team. They have informed me they are working on this and are starting testing now. So, presence will soon be more active to your machine activity and not just your Teams activity.

Thank you for keeping this ticket alive so we can truly “complete” this issue!

Suphatra
                                        Microsoft Teams

• Video meetings (Smartphone)

It would be great to participate on video meetings via smartphones (Microsoft Teams application). Most of the people have a smartphone with a camera.

366 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone, quick update on this.

For Android users, you can now do 1:1 audio and 1:1 video calls.

For iPhone users, you can do audio calls. We’re working to add 1:1 video calls.

I’ll let you know more updates as I get them. Please keep providing requests and feedback to help enhance our mobile experience! I know its a work in progress, and really appreciate your patience and support.

Sincerely,
                                          Suphatra

• Integrate with Windows 10 notification center

Use Windows 10 notification center for notifications

505 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base