Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time

We need the ability to sign in with multiple accounts. Many of us have several O365 accounts for various reasons (consulting, etc), and we’d need to be able to access teams directly. This is not a federation or B2B scenario, but a case where new O365 credentials have been created in another tenant for us. The app today only allows a single signed-in account at a time and that’s a blocker.

23,238 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1850 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The ability to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time is supported on iOS & Android today. The feature team is continuing to work on support for multiple accounts on desktop and web clients. We’ll keep you posted as we have more details.

2. Include Office 365 group calendar in teams

It would be good to be able to click on a calendar button on the left hand side to get a view of the Office 365 groups calendar as you would in the calendar app. Good for being able to look and get a glimpse of what is coming up with the group. At the moment I have to go back to the calendar to look at it.

17,607 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1213 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Introduce breakout room functionality

We have a business requirement for breakout rooms with live events. The idea is pretty simple - we plan to use live events to host internal staff training webinars and as part of that, at times we will ask for small groups of people (typically 4-5) to go away into a breakout room and come back to the group with their answer/idea.

We would like to see this functionality be introduced to Microsoft Teams for not only live events but also video calls. This would provide feature parity with pre-existing tools such as Zoom, WebEx and many more which would…

13,908 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

858 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Teams uses 600MB and is super slow!

Quotes from various users about memory usage and slow performance:

"Team is a memory hog! 100s MB! Slack is about 50."

"The memory consumption is over 300MB!!! This should be a priority."

"Just started evaluating teams, 500+ MB and 10-15% CPU. This is in a citrix VDI. Does teams use hardware rendering? If so is there a way to turn it off? I had to do this with the rest of Office."

"I dont understand why my Teams application only uses 70MB when other people in my organization are towards half a gig! What is causing this Teams?"

"Make it…

13,170 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1118 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great performance and user experience remain a topmost priority for us. Application launch time has seen improvements in the recent build. We will continue making improvements across the product including channel to chat switching and overall resource consumption.

5. Rename of Team Channel doesn't rename associated Sharepoint files Folder

When renaming a Team Channel, the associated Sharepoint folder continues with it's previous name. This could lead to confusion.

10,259 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

606 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Better visual delineation between `Reply` and `Start a new conversation`

It's very confusing to new users that there is a difference between replying to an existing conversation and starting a new one within a channel. This is a visual thing as much as anything else. The 'reply' buttons are not naturally attractive if you just want to start typing a message. There should be a logical gap between the bottom of a conversation and 'start a new conversation'. 'Start a new conversation' needs to be separated visually, as if it's a second order command rather than a first order...reply.

8,487 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

706 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Teams needs a REAL Calendar!

Would love to have a Calendar to allow those in the same team to view each other's availability and whereabouts. Would make it a lot easier to create appointments/meetings.

The calendar could be a tab in a channel (so then you could have multiple calendars in one team) or could be an icon on the left app bar, instead of "Meetings" which is helpful to no one.

Could also be helpful to add a way for us to add a SharePoint Team calendar.

7,041 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

197 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Integrate with MacOS notifications

Notifications built into the OS (which all apps I've seen use other than Outlook and now Teams) are more functional and allow for more user control. Most importantly, they honor Do Not Disturb settings, which is critical.

4,418 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

632 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. File column sort order

Make column sort order "sticky" so that if I prefer to sort my files by Name instead of Last Accessed, Team will remember my preference within a Team

3,326 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

527 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

This feature request is still in the works. I hope to have more updates soon. I’ll keep you posted.
    -Warren

10. Increase duration for desktop notifications

The channel/team on which the notification has been made should stay more/better/longer visible so that you won't miss one.

2,676 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

290 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Once support for Windows 10 native notifications is released, users who choose to use Windows notifications will be able to utilize Windows OS specific settings for the length of time to display notifications. Mac does not have an OS specific setting, so will not have the support.

11. Open in Word/Excel/PowerPoint as Default

It would be great if Teams would have the ability to always launch the desktop app when opening Office documents as opposed to launching the online version.

Rest of teams is awesome.

2,649 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

204 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

This feature request is still in the works. No additional updates are available at this time. I’ll keep you posted as I hear more.

-Warren

12. Proofing tools (spell check, theasaurus, autocorrect)

One of the defining features of office down the years has been the proofing tools (i.e. Spell checker, theasaurus, autocorrect, grammar checker). I would love to see these come to Teams.

The way I envisage this working is as I'm typing a message the famous red/blue/green squigglies that we've all become familiar with should show up.

Most of all I'd like autocorrect (i.e. a spelling correction that I've used previously automatically gets applied as I type). Stretch goal for this, have a single set of autocorrects that work across all of Office 365, including the client apps.

Some people might…

2,592 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

288 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi everyone, the engineer working on this item has left the company and we’re working on replacing him. I wanted to give you that heads up because the work has paused, which extends our shipping date.

I really appreciate your patience as we work to get this back to actively worked on.

Suphatra

13. Use same date and time format as in my computer's settings

Many people like to use English as their display language, but get confused with the US date format: 11/06 is October 6 in the US, but June 11 in many other countries. Why not display the date according to the setting in Windows?

Same goes for time, of course, where many use 24 hour format instead of am and pm.

2,322 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

243 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Teams Meeting organizer can force mute audio/video for attendees

Give meeting organizers the ability to force mute audio/video for all attendees in the meeting options page. Attendees should not be able to un-mute their audio/video with this option set.

2,240 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

225 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow copying whole chat conversations

Currently, it's not possible to select & copy more than one message in a chat. When I try to select two or more messages, the focus stays on the first message making it impossible to copy whole chat.

There are some really ugly workarounds like: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Copying-conversations/td-p/62849 which I don't consider a solution of the situation.

I want to be able to select multiple messages at once and copy them by hitting CTRL+C.

2,219 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

314 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

Thank you for your suggestion! We really appreciate the feedback and idea. We have reviewed this request and started working on it. I’ll let you know as it nears completion.

Suphatra

16. "No One" choice in the lobby.

Please add the "No one" choice to the Meeting Options section, aka. The Lobby.

1,873 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

258 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks again for your feedback on this. The team has begun working on an option requiring everyone other than the meeting organizer to go thru the lobby. We will continue to evaluate our best option to release with increased priority.

Thanks!

17. Add live voting and polling to Teams Live Events

With other platforms, you can ask participants to vote and or answer polling questions during the meeting/event. I would like to see functionality such as that available in Teams Live Events (and actually in regular meetings too).

1,874 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

89 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Using Teams Offline

MULTIPLE USERS reporting offline needs:

Generally want to use Teams offline:

If I am offline it would be great to browse through Teams and Channels in case I have to lookup some informations.

Also viewing the latest notes in "Notes" on teams would be great.

It would be enough to have "Read only" - for the moment my Teams app does not even open when I am offline

Compared on my mobile - I can read all posts while I am offline.

Edit while offline:

just been using teams wiki to take and share notes in a meeting. when the…

1,843 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

141 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Transfer active call between devices

Transfer an active call in Teams from my phone to my desktop and back. This for comming back at the office or leaving the office.

1,817 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

149 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Share video and audio during meetings

During meetings we need to be able to share an online video with team members. Videos could be in Stream or Youtube or Vimeo or others. And this includes sharing the video sound. Currently we use normal Teams screen sharing, but all team members on the call can either hear or see, the video/audio are always asynchronous.

1,351 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

266 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Share video and audio during meetings is released on Windows. Mac support is now planned for CY20Q3.

Note: Live events support for video and audio is tracked in this item – https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/38470144.

Please refer to this page for more info on this feature: https://support.office.com/article/share-system-audio-in-a-teams-meeting-dddede9f-e3d0-4330-873a-fa061a0d8e3b.

Thanks!

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base