Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time

We need the ability to sign in with multiple accounts. Many of us have several O365 accounts for various reasons (consulting, etc), and we’d need to be able to access teams directly. This is not a federation or B2B scenario, but a case where new O365 credentials have been created in another tenant for us. The app today only allows a single signed-in account at a time and that’s a blocker.

36,427 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3099 comments  ·  Account Access (Sign-In)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The engineering team is continuing to work on adding support for multiple accounts on desktop clients. We will first launch support for 1 work/school account and 1 personal account so users can enjoy Teams for work and personal side-by-side. Windows and MacOS. Support for multiple work accounts is still being worked on and will come at a later date.

You can track status via the roadmap here: https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/roadmap?searchterms=68845.

Thanks!

2. Include Office 365 group calendar in teams

It would be good to be able to click on a calendar button on the left hand side to get a view of the Office 365 groups calendar as you would in the calendar app. Good for being able to look and get a glimpse of what is coming up with the group. At the moment I have to go back to the calendar to look at it.

22,721 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1401 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Rename of Team Channel doesn't rename associated Sharepoint files Folder

When renaming a Team Channel, the associated Sharepoint folder continues with it's previous name. This could lead to confusion.

15,787 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

924 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. multiple admins for breakout rooms

in situations where more than 1 person is managing/admining a meeting the meeting organizer should be able to "promote" participants to meeting admin to manage Breakout Rooms

4,786 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

609 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add live voting and polling to Teams Live Events

With other platforms, you can ask participants to vote and or answer polling questions during the meeting/event. I would like to see functionality such as that available in Teams Live Events (and actually in regular meetings too).

4,267 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

196 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Proofing tools (spell check, theasaurus, autocorrect)

One of the defining features of office down the years has been the proofing tools (i.e. Spell checker, theasaurus, autocorrect, grammar checker). I would love to see these come to Teams.

The way I envisage this working is as I'm typing a message the famous red/blue/green squigglies that we've all become familiar with should show up.

Most of all I'd like autocorrect (i.e. a spelling correction that I've used previously automatically gets applied as I type). Stretch goal for this, have a single set of autocorrects that work across all of Office 365, including the client apps.

Some people might…

4,203 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  419 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. meeting reminders

Regardless of where a meeting is created, Outlook or Microsoft Teams, the 15 minute reminders and the like should generate a notification from Microsoft teams to the user, either a popup dialogue window or otherwise.

3,432 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

474 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow copying whole chat conversations

Currently, it's not possible to select & copy more than one message in a chat. When I try to select two or more messages, the focus stays on the first message making it impossible to copy whole chat.

There are some really ugly workarounds like: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Copying-conversations/td-p/62849 which I don't consider a solution of the situation.

I want to be able to select multiple messages at once and copy them by hitting CTRL+C.

3,403 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

413 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

Thank you for your suggestion! We really appreciate the feedback and idea. We have reviewed this request and started working on it. I’ll let you know as it nears completion.

Suphatra

9. 2,449 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

259 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your continued feedback. We are continuously improving the clients to use less memory and RAM.

The upgrade to Electron 10 has rolled out fully to the public at this point. Telemetry and testing has shown that this is helping to improve memory performance on the client.

We will continue to work on improvements, and will share more updates as they become available.

For more details on how Teams currently uses memory, please visit https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-memory-usage-perf.

10. Assign Custom background to entire Organisation from Teams Admin Portal

Assign Custom background to a entire Organisation from Teams Admin Portal
    This would include the ability to upload a custom Company approved custom Teams meeting background uploaded and optionally set as default background for all users.

1,948 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

247 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Poor performance on MacOS

I can't use teams with out it lagging severely. When I go and look at the processes running, It always looks like the 'helper' is taking up crazy amounts of CPU and it lags out the application to the point of it almost being unusable.

I've tried closing the application, rebooting, re-installing, checking for updates, etc.. nothing works.

I'm on macOS Mojave 10.14.2

1,935 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

541 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We are continually looking to bring performance boosts to the Mac Client, including improvements with Electron 10 that are releasing. We are also aggressively addressing other areas of performance around the Mac client

12. Real-time translation feature for Teams meeting

It would be great that Teams could implement a real-time translation for conversations in a meeting and captioning feature like the Presentation Translator add-in for PowerPoint. This feature would be useful to have a Teams meeting with users in other countries.

1,713 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

247 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Automatic recording meetings

If you know beforehand that a meeting should be recorded then it would be nice to have an option when scheduling the meeting to start recording automatically. This can help with not forgetting to start recording and save some time and effort not having to remember to do it manually.

1,635 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

204 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. TO DO

Add Microsoft To Do into Teams via Tab or connector. I can add WunderList but not To Do

1,574 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Poor performance on Windows

The system takes a lot of the computer resources and slows down the overall performance of the pc

1,569 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

209 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are happy to share that Electron 10 is rolling out to the public ring now, so you should notice improvements. We expect overall performance of Teams to improve even further with upcoming fixes around the calling and meeting features We will share another update as soon as we are able to.

16. Prepare meeting breakout rooms

As a creator of a meeting I want to prepare my breakout rooms before the meeting gets started. So i already assigned people to rooms before the meeting is going to start.

When the meeting is in progress i Only need to open the rooms.

Next to that you want to send documents directly from the main room to the breakout rooms

1,483 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

166 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Improve chat history search

It looks like those designing the Chat are not really using it. Searching the chat history is still an awful experience:
    1. When you are in a conversation with a person and want to search for something, you want BY DEFAULT the results from the conversation with THAT person. But no, the smart designer of Chat was thinking to flood you first with a lot of results and then to ask you for few additional clicks to filter what you need...
    Please change the default to show the results for the current conversation or add another quick find or provide…

1,402 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

124 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Keep Tab in Memory when Switching to Chat / Other Tab - Prevent Loss of Edits, Files, Login credentials

Issue Summary:
    Switching from a Tab to Chat / Teams / Other Tabs causes the Tab to close, causing you to have to reopen the Tab (actually having to navigate to it again inside the team). This will reload the tap and all content before the Switching will be lost.

Issues:
    1. Tabs open in Team gets reset - when switching between Teams in Team View
    2. Tabs reload - when switching between Chat and Team View
    3. Content (edits, files etc) on Tab gets lost (Happens both for to Issue 1 and 2)
    4. It makes you re-sign-in to…

1,297 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

216 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. High CPU/GPU/Power usage

For some reason the latest update has Teams using between 8% and 25% CPU idling, doing nothing. There is an issue with this update.

1,277 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  94 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enable editing of Wiki pages in the Teams Mobile App

Currently Wiki pages are read only in the Mobile App. Please make them read/write so we can make a quick change to a Wiki page while on the go. Thanks :-)

1,111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

252 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base