Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Guest Access

Collaboration is a core element of how we work which requires the creation of extended teams on a project or long term engagement. Whilst the majority of our teams are internal staff, there is still a critical element of any project that requires the inclusion of our clients and/or external vendors. It is imperative that Microsoft Teams allows for the easy (but secure) inclusion of external parties for the length of any project or engagement.

This is why historically products like Groups etc. have not been adopted as widely as we would hope. If the tool only allows for 60-70%…

8,137 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

749 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Warren responded

The #1 requested feature for Microsoft Teams is now here!

We’re starting to roll out the ability to add anyone as a guest in Microsoft Teams. This means that anyone with a business or consumer email account, such as Outlook.com, Gmail.com or others, can participate as a guest in Teams with full access to team chats, meetings and files.

For more info, check out https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams-Blog/Collaborate-securely-with-anyone-in-Microsoft-Teams/ba-p/165941

Thank you all for your feedback and support!
    -Warren

2. Need full capabilities of Planner in Teams

Right now you can add a new tab for Planner in Teams. However, you are not afforded all the capabilities of Planner in this tab. Its really "Planner Lite." Here are some items you cannot do with Planner in Teams:

1) If you create a Planner in Teams, it will not be shown in Planner itself!
    2) you can go to the group (in web outlook) wich is automatically created for the team and click there on planner and it will take you to the planner for the new group, which then cannot be displayed at teams, but the team…

6,213 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

382 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The last item in the original list, #5, is covered in https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17017147-notification-for-planner-tasks. That one (planner task notifications) is currently in internal testing with a target for release in early Q2.

Because there are many different requests in the comments which makes it hard to update and track status of individual items, we are marking this completed, and will user individual UserVoice items to track any further Planner integration. If you have suggestions in the comments below that don’t have an existing UserVoice item, please feel free to create one.

Thanks all!

3. Enable screen sharing without audio/video call

Enable an option to start a screen sharing session without starting a an audio.video call. This is a common use case in our organization.

5,481 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

407 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

UPDATE: I have confirmed with the feature team that this is, in fact, functioning as you expect – you can share your entire desktop or a specific window directly from a private chat session, without starting audio or video. The mute microphone button is enabled so you are able to easily add audio by “unmuting”, but we realize this is causing confusion. We are working on further experience improvements.

Please feel free to respond to teamsml@microsoft.com if you are still seeing issues.

Thanks,
    Alex

4. 4,718 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

521 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Complete Skype for Business Integration into Teams

Honestly, this is a tall order due to the fact that Teams was not launched this way in the first place, but my real world experience, and feedback from the field, is that having Skype-for-Business-like functions in Teams (chat/Presence/etc) be separate from Skype for Business itself is not only confusing for many users, but inhibits adoption. Users want to consolidate the number of apps they use, not increase it. I personally find this to be true.

Teams is an incredible tool with so much potential, but living and breathing in Skype for Business, like so many of us do, Teams…

4,503 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

127 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This topic will be closed out as completed since the vast majority of the S4B convergence has already released to the public.

If you have any specific requests, please open a new topic or vote for an existing topic that more specifically targets your wish.

The team is aware of the issue of using Teams will force you from using S4B.
    I’ve opened a topic specifically for that based on the feedback below – vote for support of this request at https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/35124451

As for notification issues and being able to view multiple conversations, there are topics for allowing different types of notifications – http://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/16925461 and a topic for multi-window for chats and more – https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/16926739
    The ability to send audio or video messages can be voted for at – https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/32372014

Thank you for all the feedback and suggestions.
    -Warren

6. Auto scroll down when new messages come in

It is annoying to have to click on the “New Messages” button or scroll down manually when new messages arrive. The suggestion here is to keep scrolling down to bottom and to provide a button to jump back to last unread message.

3,976 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

418 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi everyone, thanks for the feedback and help on this item. It has been resolved for the majority of users: the screen no longer jumps around while scrolling or jumps to the latest message if you are scrolled up.

If you have any questions with this feature or find a bug, please email teamsml@microsoft.com with repro steps and user logs. Your feedback is always extremely helpful!

Thank you for your support of Teams and your patience while we worked on this item. I really appreciate it and wish you a very Happy New Year!

Suphatra

7. Code snippets

I would like code snippets with highlighting based on code language. And for snippets longer than X lines, a "show more" button (like slack)

3,043 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

128 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request has been completed and is available to the public. Thank you for the suggestion and feedback!
    -Warren

8. Allow use of existing OneNotes/documents for channels

My team has a pre-existing OneNote. It would be really helpful to be able to create a tab that uses this, rather than being forced to start with a blank notebook.

2,379 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

116 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great news!
    Starting today, there’s an updated OneNote option in the Tab Gallery that allows you to create a new notebook for your tab, point to an existing notebook, or link to a particular OneNote section or page.

This update is not yet available for EDU customers, but we’ll continue to update this new OneNote experience to make it easier to bring your important content into Teams!

The release notes can be found at: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Release-notes-for-Microsoft-Teams-d7092a6d-c896-424c-b362-a472d5f105de

9. Notifications for all messages in a channel

There is no clear way how to enable all notifications in channels. I have channel where I am interested in all messages.

1,962 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

248 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I hope this brightens your Friday — your feature request is here! Our hardworking engineers have been working on this for weeks and we’re happy to report it released yesterday.

To set notifications for all messages in a channel, just click the little ellipses next to the channel name and choose “Follow this channel.”

If this made your Friday, please tweet to us! You can send the tweet to me (@skprufo) or just include the #MicrosoftTeams hashtag, and I’ll make sure it gets to our dev team.

THANK YOU for making Teams better and better with your awesome feedback. You guys are the best.

Sincerely,
    Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

10. Drag and Drop attachments

It really slows us down to have to click Attachment and browse the finder to find an image. Would prefer drag and drop.

1,783 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still completed, HOWEVER many of you have reported a new issue: drag/drop does not work when you are taking a file directly from email (i.e. Outlook) and trying to drop it into Teams. I experience the same problem every day, too!

If you’d like this function, please add your votes to this UserVoice item for that specific drag/drop ask: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/16927345

Thanks and hope you’re having a great day.

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

11. Add quiet hours to notifications

I like having notifications on my mobile device, but would like the option to silence notifications for after hours and weekends. Potentially, selectively per channel/team.

1,641 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great news, this feature request has been completed and now available to the public!

Thank you for all your feedback and suggestions. :) Enjoy the feature!
    -Warren

12. Recording of video meetings

What about if video meetings could be recorded for later view.

1,600 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

97 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Slight correction. This is being flagged as completed as it is now in the public ring.
    Teams cloud meeting recording is now available world-wide as a Preview! Please try this feature out in your Teams meetings and let us know how we can improve it!

Additional information.
    Admin doc is located at: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/cloud-recording
    (Biggest thing is to be sure to check the pre-requisites.)

End User docs: http://aka.ms/recordmeeting

Thank you for all the support and feedback!
    -Warren

13. Hide, Archive, and Delete chat threads!

Teams is way to cluttered when you have several chats. It is difficult to see new messages when they come in. I like a very clean and simple tool and if you could manage options that let you delete threads and also that would let you choose to clear all activity and history upon closing the App that would be great. As it is I have a bunch on inactive threads that are always in the activity list and they are old and not active any longer. Other than this I really like the UI and the functions of the…

1,457 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

214 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Additional clarification as to what was fixed in this feature request.

This request is done except for Delete Private chat. Delete Private Chat is still Under Review and therefore will be pulled into its own topic; no decision has been made to yet if this will be done or not.

What is complete are the following:

1. Delete your own messages anywhere in Teams.
    2. Team Owners can choose if users can edit/delete in their tenant as well as choose if admins have the power to delete any message posted in public channels.
    3. The ability to hide your private chat threads (these are not the chat threads in channels, but the private chat threads that appear when you click the Chat icon on the left-side app bar).
    4. The ability to mute your private chat threads. (these are not the chat threads in channels, but the private chat threads…

14. Please enable share control in video meeting

We used to be able to share control in video meeting so we can do remote support.

Please include this feature in the future releases.

Thanks,
    Jason

1,430 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

84 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item was completed.

From within a meeting the share control can be found at the dropdown at the top of the screen if you are currently sharing as well as the floating control box that exists when you are in a meeting.

Thank you for all your feedback.
    -Warren

15. don't switch to "away", just because I'm using a different application (i'm still at work!)

The availability status should indicate whether or not someone is available, which means they are available to chat.

So it does not make sense to switch my status to away, just because I'm answering email or do something else on my computer.

1,315 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

189 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The fix for this is officially completed! For the specific issue of status changing to away in Teams when you are still active on the device, there was still a small % of users who saw the broken behavior, but as of today, all should be working correctly. Please note this was a backend fix, so no client update is needed.

If you believe you are still having an issue, please feel free to capture logs by typing Ctrl + Shift + Alt + 1, and send the file from your downloads folder along with detailed repro steps to teamsml@microsoft.com.

Thanks everyone – and enjoy!

16. Leave a group chat

Let me be able to leave it completely if I want to.

1,309 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

160 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can now remove yourself from group chats! Just click the overflow menu next to the chat and select Leave. You’ll still have access to chat history up until you left.

-Suphatra

17. Markdown support

In slack I can format my message by using markdown.
    See get.slack.help/hc/en-us/articles/202288908-...

That also allows me to have some kind of code highlighting.
    This feature is really cool for teams discussing technical subjects.

1,115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

101 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Markdown is here!

For those who want to be able to format text on the fly or collaborate on code, markdown has finally arrived. Now, you’ve got a quick, easy way to perform the following actions:

add asterisks to either end of some text to make it bold
    underscore the beginning and end of some text in order to make it italic
    add a tilde before and after your text to strike through
    Add a double pound sign (##) before your text to create a Header
    Type [text](URL) to create a hyperlink within a message
    To start a bulleted list, preface your text with an asterisk (*) or a hyphen (-)
    To start a numbered list, preface your text with
    To create a block quote, just add a right-hand bracket (>) before your text
    Even better, our markdown syntax includes support for code:

To add an inline block…

18. Use existing Planner or Group to build Team

Maybe this is in there, but we have a number of Office 365 Groups it would be nice to make a team out of. I got to make a team the very first time out of a group for one, but I don't see a way of making a team out of an existing Group and auto-adding those members. It would be nice if it tied to the existing Planner--I don't want to make new teams or groups, but use the existing ones....

1,044 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry folks, I totally missed this one thought it’s been done for a while now, as some of you have figured out.

How to use an existing Planner to build a Team: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Planner-Blog/Bringing-a-Plan-into-Microsoft-Teams/ba-p/57463

And for Groups, when you are creating a new Team, you’ll see a paragraph at the bottom of the “Create a Team” form box that gives you an option to select an existing group.

Please note that you must be the ADMIN of the Planners and Groups you are trying to build a Team upon.

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions, and sorry I let this one pass me!

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

19. More than 20 participants in a chat

We would like to use group chats for conversations that are not team/work related. However, the 20 participant limit keeps us from using the feature to it's full extent. Please increase the participant limit for group chats from 20 to 100.

988 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

181 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is done rolling out and you should all be able to use this function in your Teams now. Ping me at sparavi (at) Microsoft (dot) com if you have any questions!

Suphatra

20. Remove the need to constantly log in

Something has changed, but over the past 2 weeks, each time I reboot, or even resume from sleep, I'm presented with the SSO/ADFS signin page within Teams. As most users don't even notice this, most remain perpetually logged out, defeating the purpose of Teams.

964 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  131 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base