Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Compact mode

I really like Teams. I do. But the current chat layout is not suited for professional chats. It's way to space consuming. It looks like something imported from MSN with smiley's that take half of the screen. I would say that Slack have nailed it because they focused on the ability keeping a tight window with lots of chat text visible. In Teams the window is full and starts scrolling after like 10 sentences.

10,489 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1195 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fulltextsearch for Wiki

It seems like the wiki content is not searchable with the global search

A wiki you cannot search for entries is useless...

3,702 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

457 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Warren responded

This feature is still in the planning stage. No new updates are available at this time.

-Warren

3. Help us SEARCH and FIND things in Teams

We want improvements to search:

CTRL+F SHORTCUT
    I wanto to find messages inside a chat or channel with CTRL+F.
    It’ll allow me to quick search messages in a specific conversation.

PARITY TO SKYPE SEARCH
    Like in Skype chat, we need to be able to search text strings from conversations

IMPROVE SEARCH RESULTS VIEW
    I feel as though the conversation view looks a bit cluttered as is, and conversation threads are not as readily identifiable as I had hoped they would be. Some suggestions are: Add the ability to include a Topic Header for a conversation so that you can easily…

2,869 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

184 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request has moved to the planning stage. There have also been several small updates that have gone out already, as well.

I’ll keep you posted as I hear more about coming updates.

-Warren

4. Skype integration (Consumer Federation)

It would be nice to integrate public Skype (not Skype for Business) into Teams. I am able to chat with Skype for business users within my organization but when working with external clients I still have to go back to public Skype. If I could even just simply chat and call with Skype users as well that would allow me to use Teams as my sole communication platform.

2,608 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

498 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. View or export a list of users who attended a meeting

Currently, there is no method of viewing a list of meeting attendees after a meeting has ended.

Meeting organizers should be able to view or export a list of attendees, including enter and exit times, duration, etc.

947 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

122 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Quoting previous Messages

A collegue of mine discovered this in markdown formatting (if you include a ">" before a paragraph it formats it as a quote, then 2xShift+Return to exit quote). This is a useful feature when trying to give context to a response that occurs later in a conversation thread.

Quoting should be a more integrated feature. I'm picturing a "quote" button below the message window that when you select it, it opens another window where you can select a message you want to quote. The tool should automatically date/time stamp the quote, format it the same as the markdown method, and…

894 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

98 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Suphatra responded

We are planning for this! I’m trying to get a date when work will start. But it is officially off the backlog. :-)

Suphatra

7. User customizable left navigation

The far left navigation panel seems to have a whole lot of blank space just calling out to be filled with things, and there is plenty of functionality within Teams that could be put there so users could reach it faster. That big gap between Files and Feedback is wasted space!

You should let individual users decide what goes in this space by giving them the ability to pin additional things they want there. I use the 'Saved' functionality a lot for example. It would be nice to have it out there only one click away. Perhaps I think a…

751 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

79 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is now in the planning stage. As more details become available, I will post them here.

-Warren

8. group chat picture

Allow users to set pictures / display pictures to represent group chats so it is easier to differentiate them

589 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. outlook integrations for shifts

Once a user is assigned a schedule within shifts the schedule should sync to their outlook calendar.

It would also be nice to see Available shifts in outlook and be able to accept them (or at least link to the shift in teams to be able to accept)

580 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Non Persistent VDI

Support for Non-Persistent VDI. Currently Teams desktop App installs in the user App folder this means it can't be placed on the base image of non persistent VDI environments.

Are there any plans to provide an alternative install for VDI. Currently we are installing Teams at login for VDI users as a work around.

444 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

80 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good news, this feature has moved into the planning stages. I’ll keep you posted as we continue to move ahead in development.

-Warren

11. meeting reminders

Regardless of where a meeting is created, Outlook or Microsoft Teams, the 15 minute reminders and the like should generate a notification from Microsoft teams to the user, either a popup dialogue window or otherwise.

338 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Adding Shifts as team tab

With Shifts now in place in Teams, it would also be nice to have a channel tab for Shifts, for easy access within the channels themselves.

234 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add a "Raise Your Hand" feature in meetings

When in a meeting with multiple people it would be nice to have a way to signal that you would like to speak so that you can be called upon by the meeting organizer.

This would allow users to show they have something to say, but they do not want to interrupt

203 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Shifts - Let non owner manage shifts

Only team members with owner role are able to manage shifts.

Would be helpfull to define shifts manager seperate from their team role.
    Shifts are also assigned by supervisors, which are only team member and assigning owner role is not desired.

153 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  14 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Guest user in Shifts

Would like to add guest users in Shifts as they work alongside other team members.

142 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  29 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Notification of requests in Shifts should be more visible

When working in Shifts on in the desktop client, new requests are not very obvious. Only some requests can be seen as a pulsating entry in the Monthly view for example, but that requires you to have the month in question in view. You need to open the Requests view in Shifts to see the requests.

The obvious place for these notifications would be to have them visible in the Activity view in the client, where all other notifications are shown.

What would also be nice-to-have is to have a specific notification easily visible in Shifts itself, so that as…

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  6 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Shifts - Delete/Remove Schedule for Team

Allow the Deletion or Removal of a Schedule for a Team. Currently there is no option through the Desktop, Web or Mobile App.

126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  17 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Turn Praise into trackable badge app

We already love the Praise option, and we hope Microsoft can enable some tracking so people can see how many "praises" they get and of the various types. Find a way to make them into badges after so many of a certain type are received. Give a way to track this via analytics data.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. Many customers have asked for reporting capabilities around Praise, so this will be one of our top items in the list of things we want to add to Praise in the future.

19. Language is resetting after every launch

Language is resetting after every launch

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.