Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by me (Suphatra) and I’m a real person, not a robot. I work on the Teams team and sit in engineering, and its my job to represent your voice in the design and development of this product.

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which I check religiously!
5 — PARTICIPATE in user testing (sign up here: https://1drv.ms/xs/s!AryUNzh1ogZzif8pDcOcx2pW45I87w)

Thanks everyone for supporting Teams. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,
Suphatra

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Follow and unfollow conversation thread

Hi,

This idea is not new. Currently we have a lot of unnecessary notifications and i believe we need flexible options to either get rid of them or setup banner/alert. And we already got "Follow channel" option in the latest update:
    https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16925461-allow-different-notifications-options-on-teams-and

I think we should go forward and improve conversation/thread notifications.It's very annoying when you replied to the conversation and then it becomes spamming. You have no option to unfollow this conversation and keep receiving notifications. From the other hand, there are conversations where you either not mentioned directly by @ tag or not replied yet but want to…

525 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

29 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still planned and in the queue. I wish I had more information to share, but unfortunately I do not.

I’ll keep hounding the feature team and hope to have a better update soon.

-Warren

• Include notifications based on keywords.

We need to get notifications based on keywords. For example: I am a subject matter expert for SAP and I like to know when SAP is typed into a channel so I can offer assistance.

249 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still planned and in the queue. No ETA or additional information is available at this time.

I’ll keep watching this item and provide updates as soon as I get them.

Thank you for all the feedback!
        -Warren

• Multiple Notifications Bugs

Hello,

We have been testing Microsoft Teams for almost a week now, while we love the product; however, it is proving to be counter productive when it stops sending notifications, we are using alternative means to notify each other to check messages on MS Teams.

What we noticed for example is that if discussions continue in a thread for over a day, no new notifications whatsoever are being triggered. In some occasions, even though we have an ongoing discussion, notifications stop, but only work if you tag the other person, but again, this is not a new thread, so it…

222 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Re-using the same Channel Name

After you create a channel, then choose to delete the channel, you can no longer create a NEW channel with the same name. It seems like you have to delete the team and start over.

181 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Allow Video Upload from Mobile Devices

Allow video uploads to a channel's conversation (chat) from Teams mobile application. This feature is currently used in Slack by our teams.

151 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Add Location Function

Please integrate a share location function. This is the only setting which is missing. Nice App. Thumb UP

43 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Language is resetting after every launch

Language is resetting after every launch

6 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base