Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Access to email from left tab panel

If there was an Outlook tab integrated on the left, similar to the Meetings tab (which is effectively the Outlook calendar), one could stay in Teams all day and not have to switch out.

5,185 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

391 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

The feature team is still reviewing, there is lots of discussion about this item and I hope to have a decision soon.

-Warren

2. Make "Teams" and "Chat" the same Tab

There is no reason that Teams and Chat should be different top level categories in the left navigation. They are the same thing, perform exactly the same function, and making two different items simply confuses the navigation and makes badge notifications and discoverability much more difficult to use.

Please combine Chats into the Teams tab so that you can browse all conversations in one place rather than needing to navigate to different tabs to see different conversations.

Chats and channels perform essentially the same function, which is talk to some people and collaborate. Forcing the user to check two different…

1,932 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

254 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature is still being reviewed by the feature team. No decision has been made yet. I’ll keep you posted.

-Warren

3. Backup, export, printing, archive options

Can Teams chat and activities data be exported, printed, archived, and backed up/restored? Within Sharepoint or elsewhere? This could be necessary for a few reasons both during projects and for historical records.

1,835 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

276 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still under review. No new updates at this time.
    -Warren

4. Unread message count on Chat, Teams, channels

Right now there is a unread message count badge on the Activity tab icon (I guess you only get that if you have followed any channels?). However I would much rather prefer if the badge was on the Chat and Teams tab icons so I can see where there is activity. Currently collapsed teams are also indicated having activity. Expanded teams should have the same indication.

Furthermore, the unread activity badge on both the Activity and the application icon count unread channels. I would prefer a message count.

1,726 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

75 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still under review by the feature team. I have no details as to when a decision might happen.

-Warren

5. Notifications are easily missed

The channel/team on which the notification has been made should stay more/better/longer visible so that you won't miss one. Slack is currently much better in that sense.

1,664 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

181 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is still being reviewed. The team is working hard to make numerous changes with regards to notifications, but they haven’t forgotten about this item.

I hope to have more details soon.
    -Warren

6. Sound is too low and other sound problems

VOLUME:

The sound is too low!! Most people don't think it's even on. Let us customize the sound level, please.

CUSTOMIZE SOUNDS:

Right now sounds are all or nothing. This is not good. For example, you may want to have sound for Calls but not for chat or messages. There is a difference when you need to hear that someone is calling you – versus getting the constant bing/bing/bing on message chat.
    In addition – on commercial skype you could actually set sound notification channel or chat by channel or chat. Some things you want the bing – others it…

1,638 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

303 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still under review. I’ll keep following up with the feature team and sharing all your feedback.

-Warren

7. Importing from Slack, Hipchat, Flowdock, Basecamp, etc.

Hi,
    We are using Slack for a long time and now we are thinking to transition to MS Teams. In Slack it is possible to export all channel content's in JSON with links to files uploaded to slack.
    It could be very useful to have the ability to import the slack history into MS teams.

1,467 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

110 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The feature team is still considering this item. No confirmation yet.
    -Warren

8. Add team wide reminders

We have weekly bot reminders currently on Slack and that would be a big advantage to getting our whole team moved over.

For example:
    - Tuesdays at noon: Reminder - team meeting in 30 minutes
    - Last Friday of month: Finish submitting hours
    - etc....

1,157 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

81 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature is under review by the feature team. No new feedback at this time.
    -Warren

9. Let me @ Mention the user's first name instead of their DisplayName

Hi,
    When mentioning someone with @, is it possible to use the user alias instead of the Display Name? In Slack for example, it is possible to choose whether to display the full name or the user name when being mentioned. Could be great to have it on MS Teams because it is shorter in messages where many mentions are provided.

998 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  89 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make "Follow this channel" the default setting.

Usual Microsoft lack of UI intuition.
    Channels should be followed by default with the user unfollowing it if they wish.

961 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

152 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still being reviewed and pending a decision. No new details at this time.

-Warren

11. Add the ability to " Quick Print " a file without having to download or open in sharepoint

I want to have the ability to print a file without having to download it or opening Sharepoint. A "Quick Print" option would be 100% great

919 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

155 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The feature team is still digging into the details of this item. I don’t have an update yet, but all your feedback and votes are shared with the feature team every month.
    I’ll keep pushing this item and hope to have more details soon.
    -Warren

12. Merge/consolidate channels

We changed the mind about the way we used some channels. We decided that some of the channels need to be merged. It would be nice to be able to do this without using history. We want history to be merged.

862 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

100 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request is now being reviewed by the feature team! I’ll keep you posted as to the future decision.

-Warren

13. Shan Keyboard in windows 10 it's doesn't work for typing

Dear, Microsoft team.
    I would like to inform you the windows 10 already have found the Shan keyboard (Symbol), but just only Burmese tying. We are having some difficulties for our Shan language on it.
    Therefore, in windows 10 keyboards just only the name of Shan, but the language is in Burmese. We all Shan people need your team to support and creating for us with Shan Keyboard and Shan language the correction with both of them.
    If you need information from us, Please, let us know we are looking forward to hearing from you.
    Thanks
    With Regard

836 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  283 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Integration for Microsoft Project

Enable integration with Microsoft Project to see a project timeline, work breakdown, schedule, and dependencies. Additionally, teams could provide notifications to members about dates in the project.

809 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The team is still reviewing this item. I hope to know of a decision soon.

-Warren

15. Webhook needs to support forced notification a la "@channel", "@team", "@person"

Webhooks should have a property to force notification a la "@channel", "@team", "@person". I have been using Slack webhooks for notifications out of our monitoring platform and can use "@" tags to make sure that the correct channels get the data and if the condition is severe, notify "@channel".

744 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

122 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is now under review.

I’ll update this topic as we move through the decision process. Thank you for the suggestion.

-Warren

16. URL shortener for Teams

When using the "get link" option in teams it would be better to have an embedded link shortener. Pasting the link in email looks terrible.

729 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still being reviewed by the feature team.

-Warren

17. Please extend the Teams Mobile App to work with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay

I'm often on the road and my company relies heavily on online meetings :-) So, we are starting to leverage Teams meetings more and more, so when I'm in my car I need an easy way to join meetings and maybe also read messages. While this is way easier now, than it was in SfB Mobile (thanks!) it would be awesome to have an Android Auto / Apple CarPlay Extension to have a somewhat easier and "nearly hands-free" user experience. This would make me much more productive, even if I'm traveling :-)

675 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Custom Group Categories for Teams

As I create more and more teams, I need to be able to group or categorize them. It seems like the only native groupings are "favorites" or "more". I would like to be able to create other categories. Once I get over 30 teams, grouping them into detailed categories is going to be imperative to stay organized.

673 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Still under review by the feature team. Nothing new to report at this time.

-Warren

19. Embed Media

If you paste a link it should embed the media right in the chat (Gif, mp4, youtube, Vimeo, Soundcloud etc.)

644 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Persistent notification

I'm using Mac and one annoying thing is that I'm not getting notified of new messages in team channels (whether I'm mentioned or not) because I missed the banner in the top right of the screen, either from being away from my desk or focusing on my second screen. The red icon is added to the actual application icon in the dock menu when I get a direct chat but there should be something here to indicate that team chats have new messages

585 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still under consideration by the feature team.

-Warren

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.