Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Vote for an existing idea (1732)
  • or
  1. Share screen

Share screen during a meeting is not working

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. screen share scaling

Mac client does not properly scale screen sharing content. While viewing a shared screen on Mac, the Mac Desktop Teams client overlay obscures part of the content being shared with no ability to scale or otherwise fit the shared content to the viewable frame.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Screen Sharing

To allow two users to share their screen concurrently. :)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Share pointer while screen sharing

TeamViewer screen sharing has a nice feature to share pointer. So when other meeting participants wants to show the presenter something on screen, the presenter can see where they pointing. It's really useful feature.

129 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This request has been accepted by the feature team and is in the queue.

It isn’t the neatest, but as a workaround you can request control in order to do this.

I’ll keep you posted as more information becomes available.

-Warren

5. view screen sharing on mobile

I would like to be able to view a screen sharing session on mobile, I can do this on skype today

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Warren responded

This feature request was completed and is available in the public ring!

Thank you for the feedback.
    -Warren

6. screen sharing sucks

How is that the free version Skype screen sharing have no issues, at the same time the paid version (Teams) always have issues, even though the teams screen share is a wrapper on existing skype?

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bi-directional screen sharing

Bi-directional screen sharing would be of benefit in some scenarios where two individuals need to share their screens with one another for instructions or verification.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. screen share not displaying correctly

Screen Share - bug1 - sharing screen 1 or 2 only displays a small section of screen, viewer is not able to scroll or resize window.

Setup of presenter is two screens - screen1 laptop on the bottom, and screen2(main) external screen on top. When you share screen1 it will only show one small section.

bug2 - Other issue is that if you share the top screen (2) the red active box doesn't not just stay on the top screen and bleeds into a portion of the laptop screen - image included. If you change…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. SCREEN SHARING

The screen sharing with individual team meber is very slow & stability also is not quite good.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Video screen size when sharing screen

When video chatting and sharing your screen, the video window is very small and you can't resize it.

When you are in an active meeting and have video and screen sharing enable:
    1. Able to resize video preview
    2. Able to use multiple monitors with video on one and screen share on the other.
    3. Able to move the video around the screen freely.
    4. Overlay video on full screen screenshare.
    5. Able to freely resize your split screen with video and screenshare.

221 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This request has been accepted by the feature team and is now on the backlog!
    -Warren

11. Screen share and audio separate.

Screen share and audio separate. If I pick the call on iOS, I should still be able to view/do screen share on Windows 10

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Screen sharing multiple monitors

Our company uses 3 or monitors per work station. We used to be able to share our screens with Skype but Teams only allows us to share 1 screen at a time. Would this eventually change?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. When sharing screen, only the first tab of my web browser is shared even if I am sharing an entire screen

I am finding that screen-sharing in Teams is very hit or miss. Half the time, it won't share anything. Other times, it won't for example update the view if I change the tab of the browser I'm sharing. I can be working in a tab and all is sharing fine. When I switch to another tab in the browser, those viewing my screen continue to see the original tab instead. This is when using the "Share Screen #" or "Share Desktop" options, not one of the more focused screen-sharing options.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Seperate the shared screen and speaker viewer

When the person speaking, is sharing their screen, I cant view both the shared screen, and them.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. screen share

Screen sharing is not stable at all. 1) it slows down Teams drastically on the clients watching the screenshare. 2) Chat is almost unusable, and lags so bad. 3) Trying to take control of a screen does not work at all. The screen is just outlined a red line and nothing is controlled.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Screen frame from screen share after meeting end remains

I was sharing my screen during a Teams call, after we have ended the call the red frame which indicates the shared screen still remains... until you quit the app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Screen share UWP/Store apps

Allow UWP/Store apps to be screen shared

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Screen Share

When a team member is sharing their screen and grants me control, the teams tool bar and on left hand side is constantly in the way. If you navigate to the left hand side of the screen, the tool bar pops out and covers up items on the users screen. There needs to be a way to turn off auto hide or to snap it in place.

For example, have someone share their screen with you and grant you control. Once you have control, try to click on that users Window (start) button on the left hand side.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Enable screen sharing without audio/video call

Enable an option to start a screen sharing session without starting a an audio.video call. This is a common use case in our organization.

5,481 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

407 comments  ·  Video and Phone Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

UPDATE: I have confirmed with the feature team that this is, in fact, functioning as you expect – you can share your entire desktop or a specific window directly from a private chat session, without starting audio or video. The mute microphone button is enabled so you are able to easily add audio by “unmuting”, but we realize this is causing confusion. We are working on further experience improvements.

Please feel free to respond to teamsml@microsoft.com if you are still seeing issues.

Thanks,
    Alex

20. share screen

When using Skype mobile app, if I join a meeting and someone shares their screen it will appear on my laptop but there's no function to do this via MS teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 86 87
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base