Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow non members to view schedule or shift

It would be great if non-members can view the schedule or shifts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Within a channel, make it possible to rearrange the order of conversations

I am using channels to compile lists of Activities for pupils to complete. Each activity is a Post and this works really well - especially using the Poll feature to track who has done what. <My problem is that everytime the Post gets edited or someone comments on it - it goes to the bottom of the pile - which then ruins the order of the tasks! I would like the option to fix the order of the posts so that they don't move around (if this could be something I selected then I could choose whether I wanted it…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. mute

In large list of participants, sort/filter option to show who is not muted.

In large meetings, sometimes we get sideband conversations (kids, dogs, road noise when commuting) and it is harder to find who is already muted. And Mute All can not be used because speaker is talking, so "Mute All" can not be use. In other words, part of smarter muting and unmuting options.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Use "@[name]" to communicate with and notify Team members within Planner tasks

Use "@[name]" to communicate with and notify Team members within Planner/Team tasks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Move "New Team" creation option into the Teams menu

It would make more sense to move the "New Team" option into the "Teams" menu. Why should it be a separate menu item? If you want to join a Team or create a new team these choices should be together

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Automatically re-lock Android screen after missed call

When I receive an audio call, it rings on all my devices, including my locked Android phone. But when I answer on my computer instead of my phone, the phone screen will stay on showing the accept/decline screen forever until my battery dies.

The desired behavior should be that the phone returns to it's locked state with the screen off after a call is missed or picked up on another device.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. i want to move teams conversations from one LDAP account to another - i got a new user account at work and now i have losty all my chats and

i want to move teams conversations from one LDAP account to another - i got a new user account at work and now i have losty all my chats and

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. When using Chat the screen share minimizes

When in call, when trying to use the Chat the shared screen minimizes. It would be great to be able to keep the shared screen on one screen and the chat on another (or at least a split window).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Aanpassen voor ploegendiensten

Aanpassen aan ploegendienst..
    Meer flexibiliteit dus om te kunnen instellen repeat voor 1-2-3-4 en 5 weken

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Unable to mute microphone

I'm in a Live event and I am not finding ANYWHERE to mute my microphone. This is a standard feature in Zoom/Webex/BlueJeans/etc. Can you please add this basic feature. Thank you.

Apologies if the feature is there and I'm not easily finding it or if this particular Live event has all participants muted or something like that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. communication credits for csp

ADD Communication credits to MS Business Voice users under CSP - documentation notes but CSP clients aren't able to set up Communication Credits without an E5 subscription - clients need this access ASAP especially in current environment …

• Toll-free dialing and the International Calling Plan are available at additional cost using Communications Credits. To learn more, see toll-free dialing and international calling rates.

From <https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/servicedescriptions/microsoft-365-business-voice-service-description>

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Connectivity with Outlook

Receiving notifications by email from Teams is very unsatisfactory. The notification should reveal more of the content (2-line preview) and the transfer to view the whole entry in teams should go directly to teams.

As it is, I have to go through a web-browser, click again and -after reading in teams- get rid of the browser window that was left by teams. That’s a lot of clicks to get to often minor pieces of information. A small preview would help me to screen out 75% of the messages that are either short or marginally relevant to me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add Team/Person name in new message chat textbox to ease confusion to which chat your responding

The design of the chat's being tabbed make it hard to know who you are responding to with multiple chats opened. The new message text box currently says, "Type a new message". I'm suggesting to update this to say something like, "Type a new message to IT Security" or "Type a new message to John Doe" depending on the chat to which you are responding. Another option might be to have the "IT Security" or "John Doe" name right above the new message box to be displayed all the time in small text. Thanks for the awesome work from the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Indicate when my video screen is active on other people's screens

It would be great if my own personal video thumbnail could get the purple border "status indicator" the way I see when someone else is speaking, to let me know if my own video feed is one of the ones visible on other meeting members' video array.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Personalization of the Default Font for Teams Chat

The default font on the chat is too small. Also by cutting and pasting a piece of text, one ends up changing the font of the rest of the message. There is no ability to set the default font nor any ability to change the font once a cut and paste from elsewhere changes it for subsequently typed characters in the same message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Huddle time

Can we put the huddle times next to the floor title?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. add a border to surround the main window for ease of use

add a border to surround the main window for ease of use. I have difficulty finding the "edge" of the window for resizing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sort newest message on top

In Team Conversations, would like to see the latest message on top instead of bottom, As is how emails, Facebok, etc are customarily sorted

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base