Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Queries support for Tags Empty

making a query for items currently with no tags is handy, for instance to find items you forgot to tag.

Currently the tags field supports 'Contains' and 'Does Not Contain' but could support something like 'Empty' or 'Does Not Contain' with value [Any].

Consequently, there is no way to test for 100% match in tags either, and a 'Contains Multiple' would useful too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Offer a small video preview display when minimizing Teams and using other applications during a meeting (not just during screenshare)

Currently, when you minimize Teams in a meeting you don't get a video preview to see people's shared video or shared content. You only do when you are screensharing, but not regularly

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Get an Alert for new and/or updated documents in a channel

Havean alert (either a text alert or an email) when someone posts a new document or updates/Reposts a document?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Voice Message Feedback in Assignments

Add a record feedback button in the area where you can give points, rubrics, overall feedback in assignments. It would make marking x100 quicker if we could record constructive voice feedback rather than typing it out or editing the Word documents we set.

Or add the dicate feature already built-in Word into the overall feedback section. It is a fantastic way of setting work in class but slow typers as well as the period of time it takes to load a document means marking is not as efficient as it could be on the app!

Thanks for all your hard…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create a Personal Home Page in Teams

It would be great if users could create their own personal landing page (similar to SharePoint). If I could set this up, I'd be able to see my feed, calendar, and Team Channels on my personal landing page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Duration of metting to be recorded and saved by an email??

Duration of virtual meeting to be recorded and saved by an email for billing purposes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Third party Video Interop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. send copy of current chat to Conversations folder in Outlook

With Skype a copy of your IM goes into a conversation folder in Outlook for future reference.

I would like this feature in TEAMS. This would mean you would have to have the ability to close out of a chat and not have it reopen when you send a new chat for a different topic to the same person (not being able to do this is HORRIBLE. There shouldn't be a continual stream of chats for the same IM).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. A feature to be implemented to restore a group chat that no longer exists.

Request for a feature to be implemented to restore a group chat that no longer exists in Teams since there is no way of restoring that information as it is not implemented to date.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Shifts: interaction with Scheduling Assistant

It would be great to have the option to see the Teams or Outlook Scheduling Assistant for all members of a group to allow for Shift allocation i.e. to see free time for each member before allocating a Shift.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Option to enter a call muted does not work.

When I select the option via the sliding radio button to join a call as a muted participant, I am not muted when the call starts.

This sliding radio button does not work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Monitor window

If you share your screen/window, it would be good to have a monitor window in which you can check what other participants of the session see on their screens

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. We need to be to set up Teams meetings for our managers...

We should have an "on behalf of" button to book for our Managers

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. add a paper clip feature to add a file, drawing memo to meeting

In meetings add a paper clip feature that allows you to insert a file, drawing, memo, xcel file. etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Return to the slide where you left in PowerPoint

When presenting a PowerPoint and then share something else like an application, for example doing a demo and switch back to the PowerPoint, to have visible the slide where you left before doing the demo. Currently, it returns to the first slide of the presentation.

Live Meeting and Skype could do this

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Обратная связь и работа с тестами не совсем удобная.

Хотелосб бы, чтобы Тесты выполнялись непосредственно на самом сайте в разделе "Тесты", а не в приложении. Не совсем удобна обратная связь по выполненным тестам. То есть, студент не видит сразу сколько он набрал баллы и какие допустил ошибки. Программа тестов не имеет обратной связи со студентом. И еще: напрягает то, что работая с группой студентов, ежедневно нужно каждый раз приглашать на собрание всех персонально.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Option to create Spin-off sessions from within a meeting/conference (Video & audio)

As a MS Teams member while in a conference I have an option to create spin-off sessions so that I can run multi team collaboration, such as PI Planning without having to manually create several individual conferences.

Acceptance criteria
    - I can activate and run spin-off sessions
    - I have the option to select the number of spin-off sessions
    - Attendees are initially seeded or forked evenly among the spin-off sessions by default
    - I can move attendees around into any spin-off session
    - anyone can join or jump into any of the spin off sessions
    - I have the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. pinned channels remain above scroll, at the top

On the left-hand scroll for Teams and Channels, the pinned Team or Channel should remain above the scroll. That is, when you scroll down the list of Teams and Channels, your pinned Team or Channel will always remain at the top.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Can we order initial topic by date?

Like email, most recent date first. With subject line would be good! Keep initial topic box large with smaller response boxes. Currently having to scroll through everything in random order.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow users to change the font in Teams for people with disabilities.

Allow users to change the font in Teams for people with disabilities.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. actively chat and view presentation at same time

Would like to be able to actively chat while viewing a full-screen presentation, like Skype. The mini-presentation is nearly useless if you need to actually see the content, and many times I can use my eyes for the presentation and my fingers for multiple chats at the same time. Need both in focus at same time to effectively multitask.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base