Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shortcut to kanban board (planner)

Now you have to select Teams, see all teams, the team, general, more, the planner, select the drop down menu amd open.... Trello is easier and faster and you can use it wide screen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Ability us uses tabs and Apps without a group

Spending much of my time in teams I would like to be able to use Tabs for web pages or OneDrive and Apps (like Twitter) without needing to embed them into a group. Weather a home page function or something similar I would to be able to customize my navigation around teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create Group chats with a single member

Cusotm-named group chats is a great way to organize topics outside of teams, for example when working on a specific defect or story you can name your group after said sotry number and keep topics targeted.

However when doing this you _have_ to start by targeting 2 people, even though when triaging I may only need ot reach out to 1 initially.

Proposal: allow me to make groups with only 1 member. The value goes beyond "group" chatting... it's also about cataloging on-topic conversations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. On desktop app for Win 10, the ability to select the top of the window to expand the entire app vertically is in wrong position.

The vertical expand mouse hover over should be available at the highest level of the application. You have to move the cursor down to an elusive area to expand vertically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show Teams channels as conversations in Outlook and vice versa

This way every time there is a update in a channel I follow I can see that in my Outlook. Ideally I could reply from the same conversation.
    It could work the other way around and I could see all my emails in Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow read only permissions

I would like to allow people to view a team and it's contents without being able to directly participate. For example, a project team for a deployment. Regular team members create content and collaborate but others can see what's going on with the project without having the ability to interact. Total transparency with little risk.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Suche

Die Suche sollte nicht nur in TEAMS komplett möglich sein, sondern auch eingeschränkte pro TEAM oder auch nur pro Kanal

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. TEAM => Kanal => Sub-Kanal + Unterteilung des Kanals.

Die Struktur von TEAMS sollte so sein wie in One Note.
    Ein Beispiel: TEAM => Kanal => Sub-Kanal + Unterteilung des Sub-Kanals nach Themen.
    Die Zugriffs-Rechte sollten nicht nur auf TEAM vergeben werden können, sondern auch neu im Kanal und Sub-Kanal

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. invite others to view document

When viewing a file in teams, it would be more productive to have an option to invite another team member to view the document with you instead of them having to manually browse to the file or the host having to copy the link and then chat it to them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add an option box for channel e-mail creation and properties

When you create a teams channel, an e-mail is automatically created for it.

But for some channels there may not be the need to have an e-mail address and for some other channels, there may be the need to change the e-mail properties.

Currently (Apr. 2019) if you want to remove an e-mail address for a channel or if you want to modify the e-mail properties for a channel, you can do it only after the creation of the channel.

A useful feature should be to add an option box during the channel creation to choose either to create or…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Improve Responsivness

When I get calls on my mobile phone (Samsung Galaxy S 9) it often won't answer after pressing the button. It calling is very unstable and the app crashes and calls hang up making at least the Android app useless for PBX. I don't have any of these issue in the desktop so I'm pretty sure this isn't a server side issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Is there an options menu? How do I configure this thing? I'm looking for a gear to click....

I just want to change the behavior so this infernal thing doesn't still appear in the Alt-Tab menu once I've X'd out of it, but I can't even find the options menu.

All the time Windows spent on look-and-feel in the 80s and 90s feels like time I'm being punished for being a loyal customer. This new interface style is a smack in the face.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I would like to have notifications reach to the top of my monitor

When I spam my coworkers with likes, the notifications used to reach the top of the screen. I cannot believe you would take this functionality away from me. Bill Gates will be hearing about this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. HI, Why the desktop version is not up to date with the onlineversion or the mobile one? We can´t see the same information in the different a

HI, Why the desktop version is not up to date with the onlineversion or the mobile one? We can´t see the same information in the different apps versions?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Unterhaltung beginnen

I have the German version of Teams and I´m not sure what the button "Unterhaltung beginnen" is called in the English version my guess would be "start conversation".

My issue is regarding this button. I have sofar already by accident clicked it 2 times and then (eventhough I haven't written anything) a conversation is started in the chat. And I can´t delete this conversation. This have lead to some confusion in my team. I Would recommend that you add a second button to this function, this could be a post button or simply don't make it possible to post a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Problem in seeing history of channel.

The last 2 days we can no longer see the different Team Channels.
    Private chats are ok. But the Teams channel's general and others we can no longer see what was written before.
    The only way of seeing the channel information is checking it out on the mobile phone.

Kindly update ASAP as we have some valuable information in the channels.
    Thanks

It's on Windows 10 OS (64Bit) and with latest updates installed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Submit Ticket

I want to delete my personal conversation with friend which we had done in chat section (not in channel)

I want to know how to delete that.
    Please fix it.

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please add a reply option to Message Guys!

Please add a reply option to Message as you did in Teams chats! We get lost in conversation, specially when it's a group chat. We also tried to use the Teams feature for group chats but well it doesn't send notifications, plus it's not the first thing I see when I open the App (either on desktop or mobile).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base