Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Indicate when my video screen is active on other people's screens

It would be great if my own personal video thumbnail could get the purple border "status indicator" the way I see when someone else is speaking, to let me know if my own video feed is one of the ones visible on other meeting members' video array.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Personalization of the Default Font for Teams Chat

The default font on the chat is too small. Also by cutting and pasting a piece of text, one ends up changing the font of the rest of the message. There is no ability to set the default font nor any ability to change the font once a cut and paste from elsewhere changes it for subsequently typed characters in the same message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Huddle time

Can we put the huddle times next to the floor title?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. add a border to surround the main window for ease of use

add a border to surround the main window for ease of use. I have difficulty finding the "edge" of the window for resizing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sort newest message on top

In Team Conversations, would like to see the latest message on top instead of bottom, As is how emails, Facebok, etc are customarily sorted

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow Windows 10 'Show text suggestions as I type' setting to work

Windows 10 has a setting 'Show text suggestions as I type' that pops up handy suggestions or spelling corrections and the like. It works in many apps, but for some reason it does not work in Microsoft Teams.

I don't know if there are any good reasons to have it disabled in teams or if it is something that needs to be set up and turned on for it to be supported, but I would like to request it to be looked into, and ideally for it to get working.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix the secondary ringer to actually work as set. I want ring on speakers, not headphones.

Please fix the secondary ringer to actually work as set. I want ring on speakers, not headphones. Alex says this feature is completed and released to public, but it doesn't work in Teams Version 1.3.00.3564 (32 bit) updated 03/23/20 running on Windows 7 Pro ESU.

I need to be able to have headphone output as system default audio device, and internal laptop PC speakers as primary comms device AND secondary ringer. Both Speaker and Secondary Ringer are set to "Speaker - Speakers / Headphones (Realtek Audio)". However, the secondary ringer settings are not being respected, and it ONLY rings on…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Delete a reaction

Please add the ability to delete a reaction on a user chat comment. Added one by mistake on someone's comment but I cannot remove it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Dont move the data entry field WHILE I AM TYPING IN IT

I was typing a reply to a thread and teams shifted the data entry field from the bottom of the screen to the top of the screen. This is very frustrating. See attached image

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. donwload link for educators

have a link so schools can get office for education and their teachers email addresses will be included so that they can download office, and they can send the link to their students to download office also

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Can an option be added for an attendance board for the whole team? Does this already exist?

Can an option be added for an attendance board for the whole team? Does this already exist?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. display an on screen keyboard when clicking into an embedded excel file (tab) (android tablet)

When I access an excel file on my desktop app, the dropdown filters work and I can type in the cells within Teams.

When I try the same on my tablet or phone (both android) I don't get an on screen keyboard and the drop down handles don't appear in order for me to input information unless I click on the excel icon which opens the file in Excel but you have to have an O365 account to save or edit the file!

The people I am trying to convert to using Teams are old; my allotment committee, in fact.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Change image of attendees viewed during a meeting

Similar to an option on Snap Chat, can you give the ability to swap someone's image displayed with another of choice, like a famous person?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. have a separate language configuration for the autocorrect

Add a new language configuration for the autocorrect diferent from the UI one

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow the ability to add a document library from an existing OneDrive.

You have the ability to add a document library from an existing Google Drive or Dropbox but have left out the ability to add one from an existing OneDrive. If migrations from a OneDrive to a SharePoint site was better integrated I would get this decision but currently you are not even supporting your own products.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base