Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Drag & drop to move/copy files

Drag files in to folders or folders into folders followed by "Do you want to move or copy"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. able to see the video of people in the teleconference more than 4 people

able to see the video of people in the teleconference more than 4 people

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Automatic video update where active speakers are shown during video calls

When someone speaks in a video/audio call and no screen is pinned, the person speaking should be displayed. Furthermore, this could be filtered to the loudest individuals if there are users with a low-level volume of constant mic feedback.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Notify specified member/s of the team when a planner task is completed

It would be helpful to be able to not only assign a task to an individual, but also to optionally assign others to be notified when that task is completed, or if it's not completed but is getting close to the due date.

At the moment, this requires a manual check so is difficult to keep on top of team tasks and assignments.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. It would be helpful on chat when you look up a name to be told how long that person(s) have been gone

It would be very helpful on chat when you look up a name to be told how long a person(s) have been gone

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hide Inactive Chats

I love this application. One suggestion that I have is to auto-hide chats that have not had an activity for x days (5 by default, but definable). There would be a checkbox or a right click context item to show old chats so you could refer back to them. The search function would still see hidden chats as well. This would really help though because I have so many chats and I don't have time to go through and close them all. I also don't want to close them in case I need to reference them later. So this hide…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. We would like to a way to setup a calendar meeting using on-Premise OWA,Other than using a hybrid environment,such as getting a teams server

We would like to a way to setup a calendar meeting using on-Premise OWA, Other than using a hybrid environment, such as getting a teams server on premise, or the feature can be just available on the on-Premise OWA.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to bulk schedule meetings (i.e. school timetable) via teams or powershell

As a School we are looking at remote learning via teams, we are nearly there with all of our training. A useful feature would be bulk scheduling live meetings so that we are able to 'import' our timetable into teams - it may be useful for other organisations too for weekly meetings etc

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. A feature to change the channel type

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    チャネルの種類を変更する機能
    A feature to change the channel type

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams では作成済みのチャネルの種類を変更することが現時点ではできません。

必要に応じて作成後のチャネルの種類の変更を実現できる機能の拡充を要望します。

Currently it is not possible to change the channel type for Microsoft Teams.

Thus we hope that a feature will be provided to change the channel type after creation when there is a need for it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Easier image browsing in chats

Handheld devices (initially?): When an image in a chat is selected/tapped the user should be able to then tap the left side of the screen (or swipe to the right) to view previous images and tap the right side of the screen (or swipe to the left) to view the next image.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Show just Teams creation sensitivity labels

When sensitivity labels have been created for Team creation they are visible when creating a Team. However all published sensitivity labels are visible and not just those that are for Team creation.

Perhaps having location publication of sensitive labels for Team creation, like retention labels, could be introduced to only show those labels to admins and users to restrict what can be selected.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I want to make the Japanese translation of Information Barrier's public information more understandable.

I want to make the Japanese translation of Information Barrier's public information more understandable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Can you have TEAMS pause the Windows Media Player the same why Skype does?

Skype pauses music playing on the Windows Media Player when you start/join a call or meeting. It would be great to have the same functionality in TEAMS.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Disable maximize window when moving teams small window out of the way, current solution makes it worse

today when sharing a screen, I see a small window for team's controls and when I need to move the small window to see behind, I get the screen maximized, with is the WORST POSSIBLE THING I WANTED TO HAPPEN

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. skype for business

Can we add skype for business as a separate product in team or leave skype business as separate 365 product

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Request Private Chat/Call

It would be helpful if participants in a group chat could request a private conversation/call with other members of that group chat.

My vision here is that users could be members of a virtual 'lobby' discussing recent webinars or presentations. A user could select one or multiple other members of the lobby and request a private conversation or call. The recipient(s) of the request receive an approval. Once approved, a private session containing all participants who have accepted opens and the participants status becomes 'In Private Session'. The participants can't be disturbed until they leave the private session.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Camera permissions are not displayed by default in the mobile app.

Camera permissions are not displayed by default in the mobile app.

When joining a web conference, an allow / deny pop-up appears for the first time.

Is this a bug?

Ask for camera permissions when installing the app, or show the camera item from the beginning in the app settings!

Someone suspects a device or app is broken because it doesn't appear until permission is required.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Block searching guest users in Teams

When you search the existing guest users to add members in Teams app, they are shown as the suggestion currently. We have concern with this behavior from a security perspective, so it would be great to add a feature to block searching guest users when adding members in Teams app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I want a cmdlet to uninstall the semi-annual channel Microsoft Teams

I want a cmdlet to uninstall the semi-annual channel Microsoft Teams

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Want to use the wildcard search in Teams email integration

It would be great if we could use the wildcard search in Teams email integration.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base