Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Convenience

I try to use team app everyday. But somethings really bug me, especially when I try to use chat, files. conversations, and meetings at same time. It is possible I can have options to separate those apps . Because it is very difficult to use different functions at same time. I very easily lose track, and I think it’s not hard to have options to drag them in Different taps. Thank you! I can show you what I mean if u like. It will be so great f these get modified or fixed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Full Desktop Version for Chromebooks

Glad to see Teams available to be downloaded on chromebooks, however, the layout has only been adopted from the mobile UI, which doesn't translate well to Chromebooks desktop like experience. Please bring a version optimized for larger screens to the Google Play Store.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. teams

You should be able to delete a student resource when creating assignments. As of right now, whatever you put in as a student resource is stuck there, and if you make a simple mistake like uploading the wrong file, you have to create the assignment all over again from scratch.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. teams

Assignments which have been created for example in March of 2018 should be able to be edited and assigned for a due date of March of 2019 with the option to assign to multiple classes.

As of now, you can only assign an assignment to multiple classes if you create the assignment from scratch.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. power bi

I've added a Power BI report on a Tab in Microsoft Teams. I've noticed that the dates are not sticking. I updated the date ranges on this page. When I exit and go back in they reverted back to the original dates. If you click the "Go to Website" link you can see that the dates stick there. When I asked our BI Team why this was happening they couldn't find a reason and stated that the last settings are supposed to be kept. Is there some setting that needs to be changed in order for the dates to stick…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. No access to Microsoft Forms.

For the past 72 hours, each time I go to the MS Forms site, all I see is a loading symbol.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Support Email Addresses copied from Outlook in "Schedule Meeting" dialogs

Copying an Email Address from Outlook email header (e.g. From:, CC:) results in the (RFC5322?) email address format:

Firstname Lastname <firstname.lastname@example.com>

Right-clicking an email in the body of an email returns a "mailto:" URI, e.g.:

mailto:firstname.lastname@example.com

When creating a meeting, these formats are not recognised as a valid email email address, so an email address copied from Outlook cannot be pasted into the "Invite People" field.

Steps:

1. Right-Click name in Outlook Email "From" header and click copy
    2. In Teams, click "Meetings" and "Schedule a Meeting"
    3. Click in "Invite People" and paste address

Expected Result:
    Email…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Improve performance in all ways. Hire a good QA to find all bugs (it has plenty) and start fixing them. So buggy and slow it's imposible to

It just works awful. Takes forever to load conversations on mobile. It's impossible to scroll up and find old conversations, it just takes a lifetime. Also really slow to sync. Found bugs like clicking one conversation right after sending a message to another one and the message gets sent to the wrong conversation. The styling is misleading: on hover style for chats looks like active chat and the other way round.

Seriously, get some good QAs to find all of these performance and usage defects and fix the most you can yo improve it a little bit at least

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Oneri

Iki kişi arasındaki bir mesajı seçip konuşmada olmayan başka birine iletilmeliyim ancak teamsden bunu yapamiyorum

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Team creator user can determine

I want the function that Team creator users can distinguish.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Is there a (Windows 10) global hotkey for dialing a marked phone number with Microsoft Teams? The reason I don't switch from Skype for Busin

Is there a (Windows 10) global hotkey for dialing a marked phone number with Microsoft Teams?
    The reason I don't switch from Skype for Business to Microsoft ‘Teams only mode’ is that I use from the company Estos the software Phone Tools (https://www.estos.com/products/phonetools) and there the 'Hotkey Dial' ("Place a call from all applications. Start a call from each application, e-mail or website with a single keystroke (hotkey). The integrated 'hotkey dial' saves you time-consuming tapping on your telephone. The hotkey can be defined specifically for a user in order to ensure trouble-free operation even with keys already…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Restrict Teams owner’s permissions

I would like you to implement a setting that can restrict a team owner from doing specific actions such as deleting a team like the setting for team members.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Cannot mark text on multiple chatting lines

It's really difficult to mark text when someone sends me several separate messages at the same time. See attached file, and open it in a browser to see how difficult it is to mark the text. I really want to mark the text and then copy it. I suggest you put the popup above the chatting message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Cannot mark text on multiple chatting lines

It's really difficult to mark text when someone sends me several separate messages at the same time. See attached file, and open it in a browser to see how difficult it is to mark the text. I really want to mark the text and then copy it. I suggest you put the popup above the chatting message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add explanation of action bubbles over action buttons

Not sure what role my profile has in connection to the team

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Planner is a great addition, but need it to be a little faster. After you get several entries made it slows down on loading.

Planner is a great addition, but need it to be a little faster. After you get several entries made it slows down on loading.

Also, being able to change the label names would be great.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. status colors, need more, clearer obvious

More than 3 status colors or make it more obvious what each is. In a meeting should show that more clear and label it better to no disturb people. Or use a red/green half & half combination.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.