Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. webcam

Please make it so that clicking the notification for a call (not the buttons) does NOT answer the call and turn your webcam on. There is a button that does exactly that - one I elected not to click. When you have a popup with 3 options, clicking on the popup itself should NOT CHOOSE ONE FOR YOU.

Use your imagination if you don't understand why this is an issue.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 'User has switched to Skype for Business'... Ability to close this

'User has switched to Skype for Business. Start a new chat.' Put an 'X' on this so I can close out of it. It's just always there. Why?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ability to bulk Move and Copy Wikis (including between Teams)

This would be very useful when moving content between Teams and restructuring Teams. Currently, the Move function for Files gives these much more flexibility than the Wikis for taking things like meeting notes which at need to be moved later on.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Restrict add user in team

Our Office365 tenant have many goup company members.
    Team administrators may misconfigure when adding members.
    So, We want to be able to add only the user of the preseted domains in each team.
    Security is more important than convenience.
    This function reduce incidents of information leakage.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Set all calendar events as teams meetings by as default

Hi,

I think it would be great if there was an option to make all new calendar events teams meetings, as sometimes i forget then i've got to go back to do it. If there was an option to create all new events in my exchange calendar as teams meetings this would be fantastic.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Volune too low on meetings

Volume too low when turned all the way up on my Hauwei Mate 10 Pro

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Temporary time-limited license to admins for troubleshooting

Admins can't access Teams, unless they have been assigned a license. Normally admin accounts don't need to *use* the feature but for troubleshooting and administrating purposes (settings, promoting users to owners) they sometimes need to access Teams.
    It would be great to have a way to temporarily add a troubleshooting license for Teams admins. Perhaps even some 60 minutes at a time or so. Without needing to buy new licenses.
    A kind of "trial" version.

A similar issue is in another UserVoice, which talks about PowerShell admin use. https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/35756989-non-licensed-global-admin-service-admin-accounts

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Copiar msg e email do card do usuario

Apenas gostaria de copiar uma msg porém é horrivel a interface, não permite copiar toda a msg pois abre o menu de contexto.

Ao acessar o card de um usuario e pegar o email é a mesma coisa não é possivel copiar. Tem o icone de email que quer abrir um app de email da maquina. Eu so queria copiar o email e não abrir um gerenciador de email.

Dificil realizar tarefas bascias nessa ferramenta.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It looks blunt and too professional

Need to have bigger icons like Skype, making similar to Skype but having the coolness of slack.
    It look some one single huge plain app. Not impressive

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Offer the same dark color scheme alternative on mobile the desktop

I love the dark color scheme altenative on desktop and would appreciate having it on monie. It is a relief to my eyes and also makes the teams interface stand out beautifully from my multitudinous other apps

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Emails sent to Teams Channel mailbox does not trigger notifications

We noticed that if you send a mail through Outlook to a Teams Channel, the mail is sent and appears in the Channel feed. However, it does not create any kind of notification to allow the users to know that there is a new entry in the feed for that channel. The only way for them to discover it is by browsing the channel and see if there is something new (not user friendly).

Given that notifications overall work pretty well, it makes no sense not having one for this particular feature.

Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Strange artifacts produced on window thumbnail when minimizing teams

Sometimes after I minimize Teams app (never mind if using minimize button in upper right corner or just clicking on taskbar and then I hover my mouse cursor over teams icon on taskbar in order to see its thumbnail it displays strange artifacts like some buffer overflow or memory being written in an incorrect address. I did not have a time to investigate if it might contain some interesting stuff by just looking in hex editor, but it should be fixed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Super complicated to use, especially on mobile!!!!!

Can’t upload a file from my phone. I can’t just upload I need to put on the conversation. Not mobile friendly, and standard categories are useless. If you go to files you should be able to upload a file, not need to post it on the conversation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Automatic Logout

It would be good if there was an Admin option, that logged out users when they exited off of the Desktop app, and even a setting where you can set an Inactivity timer, so if left inactive for 2 hours or so it will automatically log the user out, and make them have to log back in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Enable touch input for Planner tabs to simulate post-its on whiteboard

When working within a Planner tab in MS Teams, it would be nice to enable touch input to be able to drag/drop tasks between buckets/columns, drag/drop names to tasks to assign, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. O365 Groups classification name does not display fully in Teams

The classification names for Office 365 Groups does not display properly in Teams thick client, or even Teams web client in various browser.

It seem to support around max 17 characters before the text become cut off, see the attachment for an example. The cut off text is supposed to say "Organisasjonsgruppe". On other sections of Office 365 the classification display correctly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Open Teams Calendar as an additional window

One feature of outlook is that I can open my calendar as a separate window. In trying to stop using Outlook I can't find a way of doing the same in teams and it drags me back to using Outlook... :(

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Default Files tab

I know this has been requested numerous times, and that's why I'm doing it again; because it's ridiculous such a simple dev change could be denied, when it would save so much confusion and headache for our support staff.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Meeting recordings file repository

I cannot seem to find a repository of all the meetings I've recorded in Teams. Maybe it's already there hidden somewhere, but if it's not, would it be possible to add it? (and if it is, well please make it more obvious since it is not)

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. chat with a person doesn't start

Hello,

I'm experiencing an issue with a specific person regarding private chats. Whenever I try to open a chat tab and I write something, Microsoft Teams doesn't send that message. It takes me back to my previous chats. Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.