Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Always show Display Name for participants on their video window

At present, Microsoft Teams only shows each participant's Display Name when moving the mouse over the Microsoft Teams screen / video windows. However, as soon as we move the mouse away from the Microsoft Teams window, and stop moving the mouse, after approximately five (5) seconds, everyone's Display Name disappears from the screen.

Please correct so that the Display Name is always showing, or provide an option so that we can always show the Display Name.

During certain names, it is important to show each participant's Display Name.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Searching older chat message

Suggestion.
    Searching older chat message

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Split chat+call from Teams as a separate window!

It is very difficult to work in one window. Typically I'm calling and presenting. If I have to open file in Teams to present I start to search in Teams files, open it and in panic mode (people are waiting!) return to call, that is open somewhere in Teams. Disaster. Also alt+tab feature (switching between windows inside Teams) is not working!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make Presenter Video visible while they are screen sharing

When presenter is screen sharing, I can only see their screen, but not them.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The value of [Report] is different for each management center.

There is a difference in the value of [Report] that can be output by Teams admin center and [Report] that can be output by Microsoft 365 admin center.
    Please publish or correct the information.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please!...give us the ability to customize the notification/ringtone sound!

Please allow users to customize the notification sounds (as if you're customizing the notification/ringtone from your "contacts").

Why isn't this available already???...shoulda been out in beta.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. make chats more visually differentiated from one another with chat profile icons or colors

easy to accidentally message group vs. individual; need to make chats more visually differentiated from one another with chat profile icons or colors

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Group your teams

A way to group your team, to make it easier to find the team you want.
    Now there is only "Your teams" or "Hidden teams"

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Meeting Settings - Make "Email Invitation" settings available per domain

Ability to set your "Email Invitation" settings per accepted domain instead of tenant wide.

The advantage is that companies with multiple subsidiaries in 1 tenant can send a Teams invite with their own logos and company information.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Contact Tile size in Calls section should be reduced

The Speed Dial section allows you to pin Contacts in different groups, which is great.

But the size of the individual tiles is way too large. I am not running Teams in full screen mode unless someone is presenting. I need a really small but comprehensive list of my favourite contacts - like we used to have in LiveMeeting (and like we used to have in Circuit).

Please allow a smaller display of these tiles. Name and icon are sufficient for this purpose.

And please consider the increasing tendency to run such apps on a smartphone - even less screen…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Attachments to a calendar invitation

I wish there was an "attach" button so I could easily attach a file when I create new meetings on the calendar.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. pexip

Hi,

In the past, using Pexip Infinity, we were able to join virtual meeting rooms using the Skype for business client, which was able to dial out to Pexip (not only O365). Once migrating to Teams, the only way to make our expensive meeting rooms connect with Teams clients (PC, mobile or Room Systems) is to use Pexip as a gateway.

We have lost lots of visibility and features by being forced to use Pexip only as a gateway to the Teams Backend.

We ask that Microsoft makes it possible again to dial out from a Teams client to any…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add "seen by" on Posts

Add a feature so that it is possible to see who has seen a post in channels (conversations). Much like I can see if person has seen my message in the Chat

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Pop out chats should appear in one window.

Pop out chats currently appear as individual windows. It would be much simplier if they all appeared in one window, as they do in skype.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Member changes in Teams admin center and PowerShell are reflected immediately in Teams client

If you add a member of Microsoft Teams from PowerShell or admin center, it will take time to reflect it, so I hope for early improvement.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add camera zoom in and out controls for Teams.

I'm on Surface Pro 6 and there is no way to zoom video in or out in Teams. Adjusting the Windows 10 Camera app is not possible on my system while using Teams and it appears to have no impact. This is important because a participant shouldn't appear to be too far away but being too close isn't always realistic due to eye strain. Having a zoom in and out adjustment would solve the issue.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Virtual Background Auto Selection

I'd like the option in settings to select a permanant background every time I join a call that If I want to remove I can change, but it be set already. I find I'm selecting the same background around 10-15 times a day...and would rather it just be there.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Teams Meeting Policy force users as attendees (Students)

When Meeting is created by Teacher students that join meeting would automatically enter as attendees. Ability to apply policy to specific group (aka Students).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Mute others as a participant is speaking

Mute others as a participant is speaking or have an auto-mute feature.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. use mobile phone as webcam as either replacement or additional source for teams video

Allow for mobile phone to be used as additional or replacement webcam for teams like epoccam. Would allow for remote teams to have backup device in lieu of IT hardware support in lockdown (existing webcam failure or where webcam not been provided) or as an additional source video when demonstrating or presenting, such as close-up work. Maybe allowing for Picture-in-picture support like OBS

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Third party Video Interop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base