Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why have html files started showing up as text? (Instead of viewing them like a webpage). Surely these need to be viewed as a webpage.

Html files used to be displayed as a webpage but are now displayed as the source code text (which is pointless if you use these files and need the webpage view)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make Teams more fun and less horribly corporate and evil

In corporate settings, still allow me to be choose a friendly display name (but keep all the corporate **** attached to my profile). Or at least allow me to truncate my name to First and Last Initial, e.g., Bill J. or Sarah B.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bildirimleri bulmak için uğraşmak

Gerekiyor. Tek tek sohbetlere girip yeni mesaj var mı yok mu kontrol etmek pratik değil..

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Put in the quotation copy and paste that Skype has.

Put in the quotation copy and paste that Skype has.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Dismiss search results after selecting an item

Hi! How do I dismiss the search results column after I get to the conversation or item I was searching for? Right now I can't just dismiss the search column after I get to the conversation. It takes up valuable screen real estate.

I'm using the Microsoft Teams Windows app by the way.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. can't remove unassigned column in Planner tab

Added a "Planner" tab to teams; however can't hide the "unassigned" column. Even though there is nothing Unassigned it still shows this column first & it can't be removed. Even if you choose to 'Filter' just your own tasks, the 'Unassigned' column is still shown & takes up space unnecessarily

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Can not launch forms from tab when using ipad

I have a form imbedded using the tabs in teams. I can view the form and interact with it on my pc, but when I attempt to use teams for iPad it does not work. When I click on the tab it takes me to forms login webpage. Once I login I end up at office 365 forms and the form I need to complete is not there. This is the same with iPhone and android users in my team.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. com.microsoft.teams.ShipIt

Teams for Mac quits unexpectedly throughout the day without warning or dialog. Filtering system.log for "com.microsoft.teams.ShipIt" shows the following every couple of seconds:

Mar 19 12:54:04 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.microsoft.teams.ShipIt[4402]): Service exited with abnormal code: 1
    Mar 19 12:54:04 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.microsoft.teams.ShipIt): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 2 seconds.

I have deleted the app and reinstalled a fresh copy downloaded from https://teams.microsoft.com/downloads and get the same results with a new copy.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Posting Comments

I would like to make comments to students prior to grading the assignment or when an assignment is missing and have them notified. However, now the Post button is not available for this feature.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hangs when joining meeting. Will not join or allow to leave.

After clicking Join on an ongoing meeting, Teams will hang in the Connecting... phase forever. No ringing or dialing going on. Just hung up. If I click Hang up, the it hangs in Leaving... status for ever. The only way to resolve this is to reboot PC. Stopping the teams.exe task does not work.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. user call quality reports

Is it/will it be possible to access media quality reports for individual Teams a/v calls and desktop sharing sessions as is available for Skype For Business to help with call quality issues troubleshooting ?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please, fix notifications as soon as possible

Notifications dont't work reliably even we have downloaded latest application.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The desktop app is far worse than the website. Stop pushing it.

It has worse performance. It has drastically more annoying notification behavior and lacks all the features you enjoy in a browser (like extendability or the ability to remove your annoying animated emojis).

So I really don't see why I need to see a notification banner constantly that tells me about the amazing desktop app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. can we have the option to decrease the size of the name of the person we are chatting with.?

so we can have a bit more privacy on who we talk to instead of exposing it from across the office

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Why is Teams down Every. Single. Day?

Lately teams just dies. Almost every day our organization has trouble with it.

We depend on it as we are a global and distributed work force, but teams craps out at the worst times....

Also, please incorporate some kind of update schedule. This "update whenever we feel like it, consumer level stuff" does not cut it in the professional world.

If these issues cannot be resolved, we will be moving on from Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make Inline and block code not fixed width

Please! It is code! This is our only option to display tables through actionable cards, so it needs to work as it should!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Start over with Teams

Teams is HORRIBLE. It's basically a web app jammed into a thick client. You can't easily see your conversations you have to hover over a stupid tab to see chats. The text and overall chat bubbles are like rusty spoons jammed into my eyes. The color theme feels like I'm booting a computer from the 90s.

Please fire the teams devs and start over.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow for the loading of files from various components like when adding a task. Switching between apps to do this is cumbersome and not int

Allow for the loading of files from various components like when adding a task. Switching between apps to do this is cumbersome and not intuitive.

Enable tabbed browsing so Teams/Planner/Activity etc can all be accessed simultaneously.

Create a configurable landing page that contains a user's assigned tasks, chats referencing them, meetings and relevant activities.

Update the design to better assimilate with other Microsoft suite applications to shorten the learning curve.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base