Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. NEED shortcut key to bring Teams to the forefront, put the insertion point in the Search bar

Please, please add a shortcut key combination to bring Microsoft Teams to the forefront and place the cursor/insertion poit in the Search bar.

The key combo for Skype was CTRL+ALT+Shift+3. I know that is A LOT of keys and sounds complex but it was incredibly useful, I use it all the time... We always have so many windows open on our desktop, this is a great time saver. PLEASE CONSIDER it!!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. New topics vs comments on existing topic

Somehow, the way the app works at this time, people who post in our teams posts section are regularly “creating new topics” rather than replying to threads. This means we have a number of topics whose content is “thanks” and “got it”, but worse, important questions as well as important information is being stranded high up as it gets abandoned. I know you’ll try to tell me this content is searchable, but if you don’t know what to search for, I will argue it isn’t. The reply should be the easy/obvious action and the “new topic” should require more effort…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I wish I could make in-line To Do items in Teams that would show up in To Do and Outlook

I wish I could be in a conversation and hit <Ctrl>+<1> like in OneNote to create a new To Do task like this:

⬜ Add feature to create and assign To Do items in Teams channels and chats

It'd be possible to see a summary of all To Do items via the left bar in Teams (where the To Do app could be pinned).

Users could click on the box in the chat to indicate that the task is "Done".

☑ Bake a pie

Also, @mentioning a user when creating the task would assign it to them.

This would also…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. RSS feed Duplicate (Use RSS Connector)

Use Teams RSSConnector.
    Often, RSS feeds are duplicated.
    Receive the same RSS feed several times a day.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dial pad under "CALLS" app,,,Make a call, there's no key pad for dialing

Dial pad under "CALLS" app,,,Make a call, there's no key pad for dialing

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Open app type file using default apps by windows

Please make an option that non office (or supported) files in teams do have the option to be opened by App. Say like an option that looks in the file type association instead of showing no option to open it and or open it in teams. think about 3rd party apps to edit an PDF file or DWG file.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. We want to block users for different domains

I want to block few users from contacting external users of a particular domain.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to prevent the download of files shared in Teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Teams 上で共有したファイルのダウンロードを制御する機能を追加してほしい。
    Ability to prevent the download of files shared in Teams

■Description(内容):
    Teams 上で共有したファイルのダウンロードを制御するには、アクセス権を別途変更する必要があるため、事前にダウンロードできないように制御する機能を追加希望。
    In order to prevent the download of files shared in Teams, the setting for access permissions has to be changed separately. Therefore, I would like to prevent the process of downloading in advance.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Location

Currently, for the Time Clock feature, you can only have one location per Team, but it would be nice to have the flexibility of multiple locations.

We have student workers all on the same team, but in multiple locations around campus, so the only way that GPS time punches will work is to split them up amongst multiple teams, which becomes cumbersome.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Be able to set a different tab to posts as your default/landing tab on a channel

We want to use a Wiki tab as a 'Home page' for the channel, and would prefer to land there instead of on the Posts tab. We understand that Teams is based around Posts, but don't believe having a different landing page would reduce its use.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow Filter Chat by Status

Allow users to filter their recent contacts by Status. Currently, this feature only allows filtering by keyword, unread, meetings, and muted.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Is it possible to have a gradebook view for rubric-based marking in assignments?

I understand that there is currently no way of getting an overview of gradings that are not point-based but are marked via rubrics. This is an essential feature for us in the UK who would be working with awarding bodies such as BTEC and OCR.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Screen-share should be full screen

No need to see whos on the meeting while someone is sharing their screen. The content of what they are sharing should be made in full screen so that I don't squint and make way for bigger goggles.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. presenting two monitors in team calls

It will be nice in a call we can presenting two or more monitors

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support for large Teams Live Events (over 10,000). Possibly up to 20k?

Our existing broadcast technology and CDN support, sometimes, over 10,000 concurrent viewers. In order to fully transition from our existing broadcast solution vendor to Microsoft Teams and Live Events, we will require support for events larger than 10,000 attendees.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Be able to change the color/themes

I think allowing us to change the color or the app or add themes would make it more personal.
    Just like outlook has themes when you log in online.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please add the cheese emoji

I really need this because I have a guy on my team who makes constant dad jokes, so I use it all the time in Skype.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Information retrievable from Microsoft Teams sign-in history log

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams へのサインイン履歴のログから取得できる情報について
    Information obtainable from Microsoft Teams sign-in history log

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams へのサインイン履歴のログ (Office 365 の監査ログ機能および、Auzre AD のサインイン) から取得できる情報では、端末の端末名や機種名、IP アドレスなどの詳細が取得できません。
    セキュリティの観点で​必要な情報なので、機能の実装を希望します。
    Details such as device name, model name, and IP address of the device cannot be retrieved from the information in the Microsoft Teams sign-in history log (the audit log feature of Office 365 and Auzre AD sign-in).
    From a security point of view these are required information so we hope that a feature to obtain those information will be implemented.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow Teams Windows to be separated from the main app.

I would like to be able to separate individual windows from the teams main app. For instance viewing a shared screen and a chat window at the same time. Or viewing calendar at the same time as browsing files. I know that Outlook and Skype both have similar features.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. when in a call resume from hold feature lacks visual confirmation

When you highlight the resume button it goes purple, when you click it there is no visible change, as this is a cloud application sometimes it can take a few seconds to actually resume (sometimes much longer) therefore it looks like it hasn’t worked.
    Is there any way you can provide some better visual feedback of the process.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base