Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Open application in background for Mac

In Windows..Settings..Application, there is a setting to "Open Application in Background" I would like this on the MacOS version. When Teams opens it interrupts any application that I am working on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make revision history available from within Teams without having to go to SharePoint.

Make revision history available from within Teams without having to go to SharePoint.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Lock the order of Teams

Sometimes I accidentally moves a Team to another location (ordering) in the list. Other times the list is reordered when I start Teams in the morning.
    Please give me the option to lock the order of Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to associate dial in caller with existing video session - User ID for Audio Conference

I would like to have the ability for a user who enters a Team meeting to dial into the audio conference and associate their call with their existing session. For example, in Webex, when you connect to a meeting using the app and select dial in, you are given the meeting number as well as a User ID to enter at dial in. This then associates the PSTN call with your existing session. This allows your video session to become the primary focus when you are speaking over the PSTN. It also associates the PSTN session with your name, instead…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. rubrics

I would like to be able to add rubrics in multiple formats (ie. word, pdf, etc.).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. View bookmark for Saved messages

I appreciate the new Reactions for messages. However, I also rely very heavily on Saving messages. Since adding the new Reactions, the bookmark for saved messages is no longer visible on the message without opening the context menu -- this is very inconvenient. Please display the bookmark again on the message! Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow a call to be opened in a new window

While in a call or making a call open it in a new window so that it possible to move the window to a separate monitor. Also do the same for viewing documents or have a quick link while editing to open in browser / app.

I use a Mac if that matters.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Visibility of next month's shift in Teams to the agents

Being Admin I am able to see the leaves that are planned for the future; however, the agent does not have the visibility for the same. If this is included, it helps the agents to see who is on leave and can plan their leaves accordingly else we end up in conflicts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Manually order the chats And contacts

It should be possible to sort the chat and contacts in several ways: manually in the chosen order, recent, alphabetically, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. When the meeting organizer clicks the Teams Meeting button within the invite (highlighted in 1st screenshot), we were expecting the meeting

When you click the Teams button within a calendar invite (highlighted in 1st screenshot), it just opens a meeting room with no one in it (2nd screenshot). We are requesting for all attendees to be able to either join on host the meeting if they are the organizer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Why in the WORLD did you change Thumbs Up to the far left? Much harder to use

Why in the WORLD did you change Thumbs Up to the far left? Much harder to use

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bring back the one click like button

There used to just be a like button in the corner. now I have to mouse over the message and wait for 6 emoticons to show up, 5 of which I will never use

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. External contacts - attachments

My external contacts are redirected from Skype for business to Teams but i cannot recieve their attachment in Teams (both desktop and mobile app)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Teams should have the ability to play music or online radio for callers placed on hold.

Teams should have the ability to play music or online radio for callers placed on hold.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Yammer Connector Keyword Comments

Add additional functionality for the Yammer Connector in Teams to not only support posts but comments as well for matched keywords.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. No reply function

As title says

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Snipping tool

Hi Everyone, I would like so Teams had a snipping tool like Sammetime of Lotus Notus to make screen cuts and send them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base