Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Desktop app performance degrades significantly when sharing screen

It takes seconds for any interaction to go through, including typing. This continues even after you've stopped sharing. Also happens to people viewing. Happens on MacOS client, haven't tried web/windows/mobile.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. API to list all user's teams, channels and recent posts in channels

Going through all user's teams, channels and most recent posts in Teams is not a very performing process to do even if you had teams and channels ids prestored.

The purpose would be to provide "latest topics/chat threads in your Teams" -view. Sorta similar like Yammers aggregate view to help user to get a glance of "what's happening" in his Teams.

For example asking a bot "what's happening in my teams?" or this there could be a custom report/view (in Teams tab or in SharePoint) to user about what's the activity.

The API call could return some data about the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Visibility of Presence from External Contacts

Microsoft has opted the whole organization to use Microsoft Teams. The migration of contacts was great but presence are not visible for people outside the organization. It has been working with Skype, it would be better if Microsoft Teams works the same too.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Status visible on @mention List

When we use @mention a name, it would be greate to see the current status of its person - maybe at the moment I mention someone the person is offline or out of office, so in this case I wouldn't want to mention that person.

Right now in this version 1.2.00.1758 (64-bit) I only see the Name

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Let the report exported from Microsoft Teams activity reflect usage of all users, and we need public information about basis of computation

I would like to identify users who don’t start using Teams, so it would be great if I could see the usage of all users. Currently, I cannot get the report of the usage of all users by going Microsoft 365 admin center > Reports > Usage > Microsoft Teams activity.
    If you have difficulty getting us to see the usage of all users, I would like you to provide public information about the basis of computation of reports or how to read the outcome of reports.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. COMMENT

There is no warning or sound when the message is received on Teams. it also appears to be outside, although we are online. Can you produce solutions for these?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Poder adjuntar en las respuestas a un formulario o cuestionario de Forms un archivo

Poder adjuntar en las respuestas a un formulario o cuestionario de Forms un archivo

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Design a UX that has a better flow.

The tabs and different options (calling, IM, teams) are clumsy to navigate. More swiping to other more detailed views could help. The replacement options for Skype for Business are not full replacements so presence and just flowing between conversations is more labored.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fix Google Login Issue (google IDP)

Given Google IDP support is already enabled with Azure AD such that we can add Google accounts as Guests to the Azure AD, and those uses can be added as Guests to Teams, it would now be good to close the loop such that they can actually log into the Teams Client.

Given above, the Teams login does redirect the the Google Authentication provider and seem to authenticate the credentials, but then crashes when thieving the set up the Teams Client main window (on MacOS and iOS anyways).

Its so close to being useful...

Per other web searches it believed…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Pasting a large amount of text in Teams message makes program extremely slow and there is no easy way to clear it

I accidently posted a SQL execution plan into teams chat. Normally, it would be no big deal, ctrl-a and hit backspace. With this very large amount of data that caused teams to crash. So, then, I tried to select a small portion of the text and if I select a small enough amount, I can delete with out it crashing, but I accidently pasted in a LOT of text. There is no way to quickly clear it out. So, I tried to quit teams open it back up and it still remembers the text. Kill the teams process, open it…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 'Like' notifications

I love Teams overall!

FYI though - when someone 'likes' a message, it shows as a notification in the 'activity' tab that can only be cleared by clicking the activity tab, even if you're currently messaging that individual.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Can we add a new category for Education or EDU??

This is specifically for this Teams Uservoice page... Would like to have an EDU or Education category so teachers can submit feature requests on here

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add report for external apps connected and being used by Teams. Such as Dropbox, Sharefile, etc.

Add report for external apps connected and being used by Teams. Such as Dropbox, Sharefile, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Cannot click user's Start button in screenshare

When using screen share and taking control of the user's screen, I am unable to click anything in the Teams sidebar nor the Start Menu, as my Teams sidebar comes into effect and covers up the section I need to click. This needs some work and would make it a very good alternative to AnyDesk, Teamviewer, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Copypasting text

I need to be able to copy-paste text easily from the chat box to MS Word, MS Outlook, Notepad or other/non-Microsoft applications without extraneous text, ex. message sender.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support multibyte characters (Japanese characters) for the team name when creating a Team from Microsoft Teams admin center

Currently when you attempt to create a new team from Teams admin center and you set invalid characters such as Japanese for the team name, “We couldn’t create this team“ error is shown and you cannot create a team. If you want to use multibyte characters for the team name, you must re-edit the team name in Microsoft Teams client after creating a team with alphanumeric character name. It’s inconvenient so I would request for Microsoft Teams admin center to support multibyte characters for the team name.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Onscreen keyboard overlays the comments area

When typing into discussions using a surface in tablet mode (using on screen keyboard) the keyboard overlays the area meaning user is unable to see the typed text

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A link to a document should be able to survive name changes in the document !

Agreed. The Scenario for me goes as follows:
    1. Create/upload a document.
    2. Add comments to the document
    3. Because the document was commented, is shows in the activities link.
    4. Rename the document.
    5. People who go to the Activities link and click on the document get a "This document no longer exists or you do not have access, contact the owner" error (I am the owner)
    6. I find the document again and go it. The comments (see step 2) still exist and the document exist.
    7. In the top section of the comments for that document, there…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.