Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Directory Lookup must have same behavior as Skype

Today when you search for one person on search bar at TEAMS, it's looking for messages.
    If the user is already known user , TEAMS shows correctly. If not, we need click persons tab to get person we are looking for.

On Skype, we get all users from Global Directory and we can see all users corresponding the lookup and immediately the presence of these persons is available.

On Teams, serach is complicate and presence information is also complicate to get as we need to click on the person and then we can get presence information.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Navigation->Files: CONFUSING:displays wrong files in teams (No permissions)

A user with limited permissions sees files from other teams.

Navigation option Files ->View is not limited to the documents of that team/office group or user.Not even limited to the group.

Confusing because the files are displayed but cannot be opened, which is correct.

BUT THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN SHOWN in the first place!
    Now it gets the message

Sorry, we couldn't find your file
    This is absolutely not correct

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams clone API

According to the documentation there is a clone graph API which will allow to clone a team however the result of the POST call is empty. It would be better that the POST call should return the guide of a team/group which is going to be created.

Also the doc mentions that the cloning is a long time operation and in order to check if the cloning is complete, make the GET calls... However it doesn't mention which GET call and call what??

Here is the link of the preview API documentation:

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/docs/api-reference/beta/api/team_clone

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When added to existing channel, cannot see history, why? This is kinda dumb.

When added to existing channel, cannot see history, why?
    This is kinda dumb.

Please fix.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. To Prevent Hitting the Limit of # of Teams, Archive Team, then Archive Files in SharePoint, Delete Team

Glad to see the ability to Archive a Team added, but we assume this does not subtract from the limit of 250 Teams per person ('Limits and specifications for Microsoft Teams'). Therefore, after we Archive in Teams, we need to archive the Team's files in SharePoint for later access, and delete the actual Team. This is extremely important to us.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Project Murphy

Microsoft Teams should support Project Murphy as it's another Microsoft product.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I LOVE Teams but...

Hi. I love the concept that you have with Teams. I think you have a real winner here that separates you from the competition. Things I love are the Channels concept and the threaded conversations (just wish the threading conversations could be applied to chat too.) I am working hard to promote the adoption of Teams in my company BUT I find I am always having to spend time trying to work around bugs in the software. Whenever these surface it lowers the credibility of the whole solution with the people I am trying to get to adopt it. I…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. User is typing notification in channels.

It would be nice to be able to tell when other users are typing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Tasks grouped in Planner tab need a more intuitive layout

Viewing tasks in the Planner channel in Teams is not user friendly. New buckets are added horizontally, requiring awkward horizontal scrolling, which is not intuitive!

Buckets should be arrayed and scaled (within reason) on the "Tasks" tab by default, with all buckets easily visible.

Click "Add a tab" in Teams to see how tightly the available tabs are grouped together. Buckets need a display option similar to this, with a single-click action to open the bucket and display tasks inside.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. FEEDBACK / NOTIFICATIONS / NOT RECEIVING

If I am subscribed to notifications in these here Forums, how come I I am not notified when comments are made to my posts?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. popup planner

Hi, it would be really helpful, if teammembers would get a popup, if they were choosen for a task. in the moment, they get no information about a new task

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. drag and drop wiki

I could really need a drag and drop function to put or copy a wiki in another team (also for planner) this would be really helpful :)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow toggle for automatically download pictures/videos

Need a setting to toggle on/off for automatically download pictures/videos to prevent high data consumption

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Synchronizing Agendas (Team and Outlook)

How can I synchronize the agendas of Team Meetings and Microsoft Outlook?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Messages not appearing for some users

A message has been posted in a channel, all of our users can see the message except for one person (person A). Person A can see all other messages in that channel, they can see other messages being posted in real time in other channels. When they open teams in a web browser, iphone app and logout and log back in again they can still not see that message, but can definitely send and receive messages in other channels and chats.

Person A is an owner of the team and has full permissions. The only way for her to get…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. It is cumbersome to expand

Please implement a mode that displays posts and comments without collapsing all the time in the Mac application.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. bug reports

Hi,

Teams running in a Citrix environment is consistently crashing for all users connected. The issue appears to be the desktop renderer crashing over and over again putting Teams into a crash loop state. Please see this thread for more details:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MicrosoftTeams/comments/8xcu4j/teams_consistently_crashing_in_citrix/

As well as this GIST paste of the error logs from the Teams %appdata% folder:

https://gist.github.com/jcpro/6810a123f0c0423a821b8e7b9f812b7e

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Image in body of meeting invitation not displaying

Problem:
    Image in the invitation body displays in Outlook but not in TEAMS. It should display in both.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Tbot features as a wiki page

IBot has a unique features of Help, FAQ and Videos.

I would like to use that feature to add as a TAB. It should be visible on SharePoint.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. For- and backwards arrows in Data Folder Gallery

If you watch the files in Data Folders implement arrows to go for- and backwards.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.