Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Follow us on Twitter: Official announcements come from our @MicrosoftTeams Twitter handle and often reference our blog at https://TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://M365Roadmap

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Disable Like feature in Conversations

Need to have an option to disable/enable the 'like' feature. We have found staff at times abusing the setting by continuously clicking the like button and bombarding the other user with notifications.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Start new chat in MS Teams is not intuitive and hard to find as it's on it's own and not in a logical spot - did you do any user testing on

Start new chat in MS Teams desktop is not intuitive and hard to find as it's on it's own (top left) with no association to chat and not in a logical spot - did you do any user testing on this...I'm not a power user and always frustrates me to find it.

It should be located as an option on chat menu item on left; and or top right where you can add people to a chat..

This is UX 101 stuff, come on MS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. CACHE APPS / USAGE

I really like the integration efforts to move all of MS Office 365 Services into a single app... but it becomes extremely frustrating when you switch from one app to another.

For example, I've added a 'Planner' tab and a 'Notebook' tab to one of my channels... when I switch between the two, Teams re-loads the entire Plan/Notebook, and I don't resume where I left off.

So much wasted time in page loads / finding where I was to move forward.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Go To New

The Command/Ctrl + E feature is great, but I think it could be improved. I'd expect it to work more similarly to the Command + K feature in Slack.

First, as soon as I press the shortcut, the first available options should be a list of the latest notifications, with the most recent notification already selected, so I can easily jump to it by pressing Enter.

Once I start typing, instead of the selection defaulting to search, it should default to the top result, so I can easily jump to that selection using Enter.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. open weblinks in the app is app is open

When some one shares a web link for teams and the teams app is open, open the link in teams app rather than a browser.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Linked Documents to tasks

I've noticed whenever I link a document to a task, clicking on the link only allows you to open the document on Word online. For documents that have images or text boxes, word online distorts these images unlike in the desktop app.

There should be an option, like in the files tab in teams, to open the document in the desktop app or on the online platform.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Uploading file with the same name with the same name

If I upload a file from my hard drive with a name that matches another name, it does not prompt to create a new version. This should be the default behavior or at least a prompt.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mobile notifications

We recently moved from hipchat to teams. Seems everyone who has the app gets duplicate notifications on mobile and desktop. The setting send notifications when I’m not active on desktop doesn’t work. Through out the day despite being logged in and available I get notifications on my app. Even as I type this I got a notification in my phone and desktop simultaneously.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Log in constantly refreshing

It's annoying and makes it nearly impossible to log in, hence my 15 minute fight with my phone app just to make the "please sign in to keep updated" warning go away.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Document view settings for page width or zoom

View settings for a document do not come up until after CTRL+ has been pressed.
    This means view controls for "page width" or "100%" or zoom are NOT available until after the UI has been zoomed.

Adobe and Chrome have a pop-up UI for these controls when hovering near the bottom center of a document... that would be helpful.

Also CTRL+{mouse scroll wheel} does not work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. In Teams carousel, lable archived Teams

Archived teams are presented in the Teams carousel, which is nice because it provides access to archived information. But I would like if the carousel labeled the team as archived -- joining a team expecting to participate in an active discussion but finding that the team is archived wastes time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. banner and notification isn't showing when windows close

When the Team Windows in Microsoft 10 is closed. One don't get the banner update for a new acitivity and no activity symbol for new activities on the task bar if team symbol is fixed to the task bar (see attachment).
    It would be nice if there would a notification symbol when Teams is running in the background and the windows is closed even.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Aviseringar

Hej! Jag har ställt in allt som man ska göra för att få notering från appen, men nej jag får inga...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Manage permissions per tabs

Is it possible to have a permissions management on tabs within a Team ? For example, all members can see the General tab, but access other tabs are restricted. An owner could decide which member of the Team can see particular tab, etc.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy and Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make E-mail notification of Microsoft Teams be sent to users who have never signed in to Microsoft Teams

Users who have not signed in to Microsoft Teams don’t receive a notification for @mentions. It would be a burden for us to inform users to sign in to Microsoft Teams in advance.
    I would request you to make the notification for @mention to be sent to users who haven’t signed into Microsoft Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add instructions for international calls

I tried to call a phone # in Spain but Teams just said "calling..." forever but the call didn't go through. Would be nice if there's a help page on international calls. Couldn't find any info.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Include a following option in each conversation

If such an option is present, user can get notified about updates specifically about the conversation that she/he is interested to know about, even if these conversations are not tagged with their names.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base