Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Online meeting invite to Teams, not Skype

Outlook for Android and for Ios allows to invite to a Teams meeting. However, the resulting link in the invite is a Skype meeting. It does work correctly in Outlook for Windows. Will this be fixed?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pling vid chatt konversation och uppladdning

Hej,
    När man chattar eller skriver ingen konversation så skulle det vara bra om det agera som WhatsApp. Dvs ett pling i telefonen. Så man verkligen ser att man har fått ett meddelande. Det samma gäller när någon laddar upp ett nytt dokument i ett team som man är med i.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Consolidated storage metrics report for Microsoft Teams

Create a consolidated report for Microsoft Teams so that administrators can find how much space is being used per Team and/or channel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. @mention a private chat group from a general channel or other channel

Allow from any channel an @mention of a private chat group. For example you create a private group chat named managers that consist of certain management folks. From a general channel (or other channel) be able to @managers and have it notify all the members of that group chat with a hyperlink in that group chat back to the message in the general channel (or other channel)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove overlay on messages

When the message is short and you want to copy it (lets say someone posts a ticket number) you just cant as stupid overlay with
    options, saving message and liking is covering the real message.
    This is just poor ux.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make adding files in Teams on the iPad intuitive.

Collaborating in files is a key feature we use in Teams and on an iPad it is not easy or intuitive. This is a major roadblock to iPad / Teams usage for us.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Tab Functionality

We can't reorganize items in folders without breaking tabs.

We sometimes have 15 people working on one project in a Team channel, and we add tabs to keep everyone organized. Every time someone moves an item (between folders, adds a subfolder, etc.), it breaks the tab. It wastes a lot of time to have to rebuild every tab each time we move an item between folders and subfolders, and now we feel hindered in getting documents organized because no one wants to keep redoing tabs.

Can we please have an option that lets us move items without breaking tabs? This…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make the notification banner larger

We would like the ability to adjust the way the notification box acts and looks. We would like to have control of how long it shows the notification, whether the notification stays on top of other windows, and how large the notification window is.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. How to keep system volume from going to 20 after hanging up at the end of a teams meeting

I normally keep my computer volume at 7. But lots of times after hanging up at the end of a teams meeting my volume goes to 20 all by itself and I don't realize it until my computer makes a sound again. Got a new computer, and the same thing happens. 20 is too loud for where I work. How do I keep teams from adjusting that on me? I'm not even using my computer for audio. I join without audio, and have the teams meeting call me.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Reduce vast white space in the desktop view

Reduce vast amount of white space to enable to teams to occupy a small amount of a desktop screen.
    Minimising the text size is not a solution to this
    Have option for latest message to show on top not at the bottom
    Have message alert show actual message or part of it, rather than just alert to message, as in the start of an email, or a tweet, to minimise useless clicking on non-useful messages that show just "new message" where large numbers of people are messaging in teams

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Switch between default and dark mode based on time of day

Dark mode is great! But I only really need it on at night. Is it possible to have a time-based option (based on Windows 10 Night light settings?) so that it automatically toggles from default to dark and back again?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. channels chats are empty

I am a extensive Teams user and since today (coming from few days outside of the office), all channels chats are ... empty, blank, void, no message at all in the PC desktop version. This is OK in the Web and iOS version, all messages are there !

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Prevent Team members from overwriting files in a shared folder

I want to save a file into a Team but I want to restrict people's ability to edit or overwrite it.
    I aware that I can put restrictions onto an Excel file, but I'd like to be able to prevent team members from deleting files or downloading a copy, making a change and then overwriting it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Security and Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow channels to have their own members

We have too many teams and hard to manage or even categorise. We need the ability to create channels under a team that you can assign it’s own members.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Quickly setting status without bringing the app into focus

It would be nice to be able to quickly set your status by right clicking on the icon in the taskbar without bringing the application into focus

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add name to phone number participants

When a participant joins only by phone and introduces himself via audio it would be great to be able to add a name to the number or map it to an invited participant, so that everybody knows who is the number who is currently talking.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Channel rights managment

Usecase:
    Team of Salesgroups i.e. Group A and Group B which are all of same team and normal need same info. But in some cases Group A needs different Info and communication as Group B. I'd like to differ between them in channels without the need to make a new team for less cases.
    Structure:
    Team xyz
    - Channel for A&B
    - Channel for A only
    - Channel for B only
    Teams is great, you doing a very great job!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. where I have 2 screens I would like to be able to have the participants of the meeting on one screen and the presentation on the other

In a situation where I have 2 screens I would like to be able to have the participants of the meeting on one screen and the presentation on the other . This is available in Skype for business and is especially useful when presenting to a large audience on big TVs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.