Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Favorite teams

When I change favorite teams (Unfavorite a team) it still opens on that channel when I start Teams in the browser.
    I prefer it start with the conversation in a favorite team, please.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Delete messages and change layout

I would like if were possible to delete all messages sent (to me and the recipient) or received (for me) in an easier way. In addition, it would be interesting to give more options for editing the layout, such as wallpaper and color/font adjustments. Thanks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. In need of a serious UI rewrite

This needs a rewrite. There are only litterly three setting I can change which really do not amount to much.

I cannot move the columns to make them bigger or smaller.
    The right column can't be moved to the top.
    Cannot hide the user icons and they are round
    Each chat entry is in its own little bubble akin to a cellphone with no option to change.
    There is too much space between the bubbles.
    Cannot stop the emojis and gifs from showing and cannot remove the options from the compose box.

Just feels really amateur-ish. I except this kind…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Notification overload - too many

In the last couple of weeks I have received notifications for almost - but no all - messages regardless of whether I have viewed them or not. Cutting back on these would be a good thing since all I seem to be able to do is stop them altogether.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Provide ability to minimize a conversation into only its title

Please provide an ability to minimize the conversations that happened in a channel into only their title i.e. that are a single, thin line that can be expanded easily if needed.
    There are many channels in my teams where we have multiple active posts at the same time, and even though i dont need to reply to them, i still want to be able to see a bunch of them at the same time.
    An alternative solution would be providing an ability to pin specific conversations an make them stick on the screen, even if you scroll.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Don't delete a message from the send box until it successfully sends

I was attempting to send a message when an error occurred. The message was not sent and the content disappeared from the box. I don't think this should happen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Copy Task stops working

This just started within the past week or so because I created a template to copy all new task projects from. When clicking the 3 dots (more options) to open the submenu so I can "copy task" - the copy task dialogue box pops open, I paste in the new task name, click copy and nothing happens. I have to shutdown Teams, restart, and it works fine for another day. This is seemingly happening every day that I don't reboot/restart the given system I'm logged into.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Simultaneous Notifications despite settings

Even though I have my Android settings on "only notify when inactive on desktop," for the past few days my phone buzzes when I get a Teams notification regardless of if I am using the desktop version or not. This is not supposed to happen unless you're inactive for 3 minutes or more on your desktop, but it's literally every time I get a chat right now, which is driving me crazy. Please fix this bug!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Independent Tenant-Wide External Sharing settings

In https://[COMPANYNAME]-admin.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/online/AdminHome.aspx#/sharing, there are separate slider for OneDrive and SharePoint Online, so that they may have different external sharing settings.

Since we cannot administer Teams the same way we do SharePoint Online sites, it doesn't make sense to tie Teams global sharing settings to SharePoint Online's global sharing settings.

This would also allow us opportunities to test Teams without impacting our SharePoint Online environment.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix the :

I think the auto emojis are a bad idea. If I type :) it auto creates a smile emoji, if I type :s It makes an emoji automatically, but if I want to type :smile: the :s is changed automatically so I can't search for emojis..

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Custom URL for Forms

Allow users to create custom URLS for Forms for ease of sharing outside of e-mail or Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. AMOLED Theme please

AMOLED Theme please

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. AudioConferencing - Teams Add-in not showing in Outlook 2016

The Teams Add-In is not showing in Outlook 2016. Reviewing the client log it shows the meeting add-in registration failed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Integrate with macOS KeyChain

Please P-L-E-A-S-E integrate macOS keychain into Teams. The frequent updates are both a blessing and curse. It takes me away from my work and well as shuts Teams down. Please integrate into keychain so you can update without my intervention. thnx

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Local version for the To-Do application.

Although To-do is integrated with Outlook, it would be simpler to use the tool if a local version, such as the Teams and Onenote applications, was installed in the machine.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. channel switch

When switching between channels, make the user feel like his action has been instantly taken into account instead of waiting 500ms to 1s.

1. Go on one channel

2. Hover an other channel : your current channel is in a lighter color and the hover channel is in the main color

3. Click to go on the new channel : the previous channel is still in a lighter color, untill the new channel is loaded. Makes the user feel like there was a freeze.

Wouldn't it be better if the previous one was instantly uncolored, and the whole UI makes the user feel…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Increase the visual distinction between the persistent chat messages/threads in 'Chat' vs 'Teams'

Today these are distinguished only by moving focus outside the thread frame of view (either left or up) to find out where we are.
    When a topic is discussed in both places people frequently make mistakes and post in the wrong thread.
    It would be nice to have a visual distinction like rounded corners on chat bubbles or coloring, both optional and configurable.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. backticks don't work when you paste them or type the first one second

backticks don't work when you paste them or type the first one second

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base