Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make it the same experience as in the desktop version for iOS. I can't really rely on teams (as well as most Office Products) on iOS.

Microsoft Teams and other Microsoft Office products for iOS should be THE SAME experience we get on the desktop. I constantly receive messages saying this link cannot be open on the iOS and to go to the full desktop version.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Feedback system

Your feedback system is broken. With 900+ pages of suggestions, the majority will never be read and voted for. Instead you'll get massive amounts of votes for things already prominent unless providing teams feedback is someones full-time job.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support VHDL & Verilog Code Snippets

Code snippets are great, but my Team's languages are not yet supported. We use VHDL-2008 and SystemVerilog and would like to be able to share syntax-highlighted code snippets.

Alternately, the ability to add support for custom languages would be fine too. We are not adverse to writing our own syntax highlighting rules.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. expired meetings (and future ones) should not show Join button

We have an issue where people sometimes join meetings that are from the past and have already ended days or even weeks ago. Can the "Join" button be greyed out once the meeting is no longer valid?

It would also be nice if people couldn't join a meeting days or hours in advance - we have a similar problem with people joining a meeting posted to a Team days early. Perhaps the Join button would only work 1 hour before the scheduled time (I know this goes against Skype backend conferencing design but is something you certainly could do via…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change control en Shifts

Check which of the owner manager makes change to the schedules

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. when I try to use teams with jabra headset on meetings, it fails the microfone. When I do it on a simple chat, point to point, it works

even if I reinstall it, it does not work.
    The version running in my android mobiole works correctly

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Change the word copy to paste, when copying documents from one team to another.

When you copy a document from one team to another the button says copy, when you are pasting it into this team.

If this was to change tho the word paste, it would stop confusion when completing this task.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Share wiki across channels and/or teams

As a multiples teams member i'd like to share (or copy at least) an existant wiki created into a chan with another chan into the same team or another one

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Teams in Outlook Customer Manager integrieren

Teams should be able to provide a "Tab" for Outlook Customer Manager (OCM) in a similar way to the "Planner" tab.

This would be a key capability for the running of sales teams. In business the customer contact is the centre point and this a massive oversight to have missed this! Yes you have a Dynamics365 connector but Teams needs to spans a lot more than this!

Team discussions about customers should also show on the OCM feeds within outlook.

Teams, Planner and Outlook Customer Manager are all from the same era and targeting small to medium businesses. We need…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. coachmark

Coachmark should detect policies assigned to user. Example, don't give a coachmark for calling when calling is disabled for the said user

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow only Global Admin to edit members

I would request to implement a function that only Global Admin can edit team members, and that prohibits team owners from adding or deleting members, same as end users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow more settings to be customised

Allow things like the colour palette to be customised for things like shifts, planner etc

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. when will video meetings be accessed by web teams

I am using teams web base and video access is not available. when will this be a reality, instead of desktop versions?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Automatically resolve Teams/SharePoint folder links

When I post a link to a Teams folder in a chat or Teams conversation, I would expect it to resolve to a nicely-displayed connection to the folder rather than a long, ugly URL.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Cannot unmute microphone (UI very buggy)

Sometimes UI buttons do not work to unmute microphone and/or turn the camera on or off.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. cmdlet Get-TeamHelp

https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/office-docs-powershell/issues/2174

this cmdlet Get-TeamHelp is an odd-one as it does not offer any functionality that is already part of the native PS language.
    the same / more information is shown by the standard way of getting the commands / functions for any module
    Get-Command -Module MicrosoftTeams

it also does not comply to the PS normal way of offering help (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/microsoft.powershell.core/get-help?view=powershell-6)

I see no clear value offered by this cmdlet

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. attach multiple files to chat

It would make things easier if it was possible to link or attach multiple files to a conversation simultaneously (shift or ctrl + click) instead of having to link one file then go the whole way: paper clip, choose source, go into folder structure, choose file, link again and again

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.