Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Transparent UI

Add transparent UI option...as the same available in hangout app for windows. A great feature to use.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Wrike Task Filtering

As a Wrike user we LOVE LOVE LOVE the Wrike integration. but we need the ability to filter tasks to hide what is completed. It is a bit unusable in its current view as it shows every task even ones that are not scheduled or completed. We just want to see active tasks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Keep the Active Web Page sessions in the Channel Guides.

The feature of adding a web page to Guides is very practical and we use a lot however, when you add any web page and navigate within a certain web page and navigate in other guides or channels and return to that webpage the same and reloaded or be it and reset. This is very inconvenient because it ends up resetting the logins and losing the position of where you were navigating within this page. There should be an improvement in Micosoft Teams being able to keep this session active and not causing resets or page reloads.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. App does not show current team icons, still shows old ones

The app shows old team icons, even I change them. After a restart of the app, the team again has the old icon, even in sharepoint the new one is shown.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Stop prioritizing iPhone over iPad when calls are received.

When’re a Meeting call is made to me it rings on my iPhone and not my iPad so very hard to see screenshares and participate.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow application to start in the background (PROPERLY)

No matter how often I configure the desktop application to start in the background, it keeps resetting this setting. This is so annoying that I will be uninstalling this application until this is fixed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. in mobile wiki page click move first section

Fix bugs in mobile Teams app(wiki)
    Sequence
    1. Create multiple sections on the Wiki Tab
    2. 'Conversations' Create Wiki links
    3. If you click on the link, te PC will move normally, but on the mobile, it will always move to he first section of wiki

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow users to remove preview and go directly to edit files

I keep clicking on files in Team and Outlook and start to edit them only to realize that I haven't clicked on the edit button. This is both frustrating and annoying.

If I click on the file in the first place, that pretty much means that I want to edit the thing. So why can't I go directly into edit mode and avoid all this **** about preview?

Yes, I realize there are security implications. I will note that almost universally this occurs for files that I need to edit as part of my job, and there's not any way…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow Better Control of Spacing Between Title of a Thread-Starting Post and 1st Line of Post Body

For the Teams forum I'm on, if one starts a new thread, the first line of the body of the post is often right next to the TITLE of the post, which makes the Title hard to read. Some posts have a space between Title and Body lines. The site admin thinks that because of the willy-nilly way the blank line spacing appears or not that it's a bug in Teams. If a poster remembers to enter a blank line (Shift-Enter for me), then spacing can be forced. Since I'm only a guest, don't know about TEAMS internals but I…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. disable comments within discussion

Hi All, It would be great to have an option to disable comments within discussion for all members to create Post- Only Treads ( like threads for adds/ classifieds)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Work on ease of access

My organization has just adopted usage of Teams. My department needs more functionality in prioritization of Teams and Channels. There's a lot of chatter and a growing number of streams of conversation among us and the favoriting and bookmarking is just not cutting it.

Some have suggested: hashtag/tagging functionality, better visibility into teams we are "watching" and teams we "need to keep updated on"

Feedback was heard that the search function in Teams could be better, so teammates are having trouble finding conversations or announcements that are relevant to their needs.

It would be wonderful to be able to set…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Incoming Webhook Card POST to intranet

The HttpPost action doesn't support intranet URLs. It would be nice if there was an action or flag that allowed it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. @mention a Team which i am not a member of!

As a user i want to be able to @mention a team where i am not a member of. So for example i want to open a chat window @mentionteamx and message them. As i am not a member i can only receive a message from the team back on my thread. This makes it possible to ask a quick question to a team without joining

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. テナント間の切替が不便と感じました。slackのworkspace切替のような仕様にしてもらえると助かります。

テナント間の切替が不便と感じました。slackのworkspace切替のような仕様にしてもらえると助かります。

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. add student class notebook

Please provide the facility to be able to add students to the Class Notebooks (which are created inside Teams) without the need to use the Teams app. e.g. upon adding the students in Class OneNote, students automatically get enrolled in Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. better integration with other Products/no Office Online

It would be great if Teams wouldn't neccessarily open everything in the online pendants of its programs. Especially in the desktop version and apps there should be an option to open it in the preinstalled office programs without having to download the files, dig them out, open them and upload them again.
    Also a desktop app would be great, the Win10 App is only compatible with ARM chips which aren't yet found in desktop PCs

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Your interface is trash

Clunky, unintuitive display. Reply buttons take up too much space in the feed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Push notifications don't work on Android one plus 5

I don't get chat or team notifications but they are all turned on!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add Full Learning Tools to Teams

Being able to use the full accessibility functions of the Learning Tools is a must for ELs and other special populations. The appeal of Teams is not having to login to multiple platforms. Please add full functioning Learning Tools to Teams including the picture dictionary.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base