Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Alphabetical sort option for Teams

Please consider including an option for viewing the teams in alphabetical order. Ideally, there should be a "Default" view which sorts all the teams in ascending order (A-Z) and an option to sort the teams based on most recent activity. Of course, this feature should also be pushed to the mobile app as well.

2,374 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

413 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2,360 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

258 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your continued feedback. We are continuously improving the clients to use less memory and RAM.

The upgrade to Electron 10 has rolled out fully to the public at this point. Telemetry and testing has shown that this is helping to improve memory performance on the client.

We will continue to work on improvements, and will share more updates as they become available.

For more details on how Teams currently uses memory, please visit https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-memory-usage-perf.

3. Colour categories in Calendar

It would be really useful for the Outlook colour categories to show in the Teams calendar. I rely heavily on these to make sense of my calendar with a large number of appointments and in the current release of calendar this will make me likely to still revert back to Outlook rather than use Teams for calendar management.

2,359 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

301 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Custom Group Categories for Teams

As I create more and more teams, I need to be able to group or categorize them. It seems like the only native groupings are "favorites" or "more". I would like to be able to create other categories. Once I get over 30 teams, grouping them into detailed categories is going to be imperative to stay organized.

2,304 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

265 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

Still under review by the feature team. Nothing new to report at this time.

-Warren

5. Forwarding message feature!

Title speaks for itself :) That would be really cool.

Love you, MT!

2,304 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

306 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This is still under review, no decision has been made. But I will keep following up with the feature team and providing them your feedback.

-Warren

6. Delete call history

We should be able to delete call history to keep the UI clean and usable.

2,213 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

494 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. slash commands are a must-have

Slash commands for just about every type of function are a must have. They are familiar and easy to use without having to touch your mouse, they are UI-agnostic. Admittedly not terribly discoverable – but the UI is even worse, as their is no real option for auto-completion of UI elements, now is there?

2,152 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

88 comments  ·  PowerBar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add SMS capabilities

Add Texting Capabilities to Mobile numbers. Since Teams is becoming my phone and integrated with my Dynamics CRM ... it would be awesome to add SMS capabilities to mobile numbers in my contacts.

Not everyone wants to load the Teams client to their phone. This would be a huge customer support and sales feature.

2,149 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

317 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Possibility to pause a video recording

It would be great to have a possibility to pause and continue meeting recording.

2,108 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

364 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Schedule message to send at a later time

Often some member of our team finds themselves with a good idea or an interesting article that they want to post on MS Teams while it is fresh in their mind... at 6:00AM on a Saturday. This tends to wake people up if they keep Teams on their phone and don't have it on silent. It would be very nice to have the option to be considerate to those still in slumber and schedule a Teams message to go out at a later time. Many SMS messaging apps have this feature these days.

2,085 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

231 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Incorrect status in teams

We have noticed that our Teams statuses are consistently incorrect. Even when some team members are active in Teams they are shown as "away" or "offline". For example, although I can see that my status is "active", my colleagues see my status as "offline".

Can you please fix this bug?

2,069 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

628 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi — My apologies for the delay in updating this item. We rolled out a fix a year ago for a specific issue of status changing to away in Teams when you were still active on the device. We thought this had fixed the “incorrect status” issue. From comments below, it sounds like people are still seeing issues.

If you are still having issues, it would be super helpful if you can capture logs by typing Ctrl + Shift + Alt + 1, and send the file from your downloads folder along with device info and detailed repro steps to teamsml@microsoft.com.

Thanks all!

12. Gantt view for Planner Tasks

When using The planner tasks TAB, we would to have the possibility to have a gantt view of our planificated tasks

2,067 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

136 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This request is still in the backlog, no new details are available at this time.

I’ll continue to watch for new information from the feature team to share with you.
    -Warren

13. Camera Adjustments in Meetings

Please give us the ability to adjust camera, microphone and speaker settings for a video meeting. We need settings similar to Skype. My camera is very dark and there's no brightness setting.
    Thanks!

2,053 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

372 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. When granting access a Security group or Distribution list to a Team. Changes to the security groups/DL does not apply.

When granting access a Security group or Distribution list to a Team. Changes to the security groups/DL does not apply. If a user leaves the company or if we have new users, it is a manual process to add or remove them from a Team. Since we can select a Security group or Distribution list, changes to either should be reflected on the Team members.

2,038 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

176 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This feature request is still working its way through the backlog queue.

-Warren

15. Allow opening of PDF documents directly into Adobe Reader DC for Editing docuemnts stored in SharePoint

Adobe Reader DC can Check-Out and Edit documents directly from SharePoint, but there's no way to initiate this from Teams. Instead you need to go to SharePoint, copy the link, and then open Reader DC, File, Open, and paste the link. This is cumbersome and time consuming for users who frequently edit PDF documents which are stored in Teams (SharePoint).

We would like a one-click to open in Reader DC from within Teams and an option to make this the default single-click behaviour.

Hopefully Microsoft's recent partnership with Adobe will help this one along.

2,024 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

236 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Hide a user from Microsoft Teams

It would be very beneficial to be able to hide a user from showing as a Microsoft Teams user. Right now it is super confusing for users when old staff members whose mailboxes are still being used show in Microsoft Teams. There is currently no option to hide these users from showing as contacts in chats.

1,949 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

264 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Spell check in multiple languages

It would be nice if it was possible to have the Teams desktop app in one languge and spell checking in multiple languge and at the same time customize date and time format.

E.g. I would like to have Teams in English, have spell checking in English and Danish, and have date and time format in "Danish".

1,936 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

307 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback, we are aware of the issues with language detection and are actively working on a fix that will again allow automatic spellchecking across multiple languages. Please note that the spell check is still working for the default language (the Teams app language). We will share an update as soon as one is available.

18. Webhook needs to support forced notification a la "@channel", "@team", "@person"

Webhooks should have a property to force notification a la "@channel", "@team", "@person". I have been using Slack webhooks for notifications out of our monitoring platform and can use "@" tags to make sure that the correct channels get the data and if the condition is severe, notify "@channel".

1,927 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

290 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Delete bot messages

With the Polly bot, sometimes a member of one of my Teams will make an error while writing out a poll. Currently it is not possible to remove this poll, or, as far as I can tell, any message that is created by a bot.

It would be great to be able to delete messages created by bots.

1,922 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

347 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Poor performance on MacOS

I can't use teams with out it lagging severely. When I go and look at the processes running, It always looks like the 'helper' is taking up crazy amounts of CPU and it lags out the application to the point of it almost being unusable.

I've tried closing the application, rebooting, re-installing, checking for updates, etc.. nothing works.

I'm on macOS Mojave 10.14.2

1,911 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

535 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We are continually looking to bring performance boosts to the Mac Client, including improvements with Electron 10 that are releasing. We are also aggressively addressing other areas of performance around the Mac client

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base