Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Share pointer while screen sharing

TeamViewer screen sharing has a nice feature to share pointer. So when other meeting participants wants to show the presenter something on screen, the presenter can see where they pointing. It's really useful feature.

1,634 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

187 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Distribution Lists in Teams

In Skype for Business client I can add a Distribution List as a Contact Group.

Can we have this feature in Teams?

1,628 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

238 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When granting access a Security group or Distribution list to a Team. Changes to the security groups/DL does not apply.

When granting access a Security group or Distribution list to a Team. Changes to the security groups/DL does not apply. If a user leaves the company or if we have new users, it is a manual process to add or remove them from a Team. Since we can select a Security group or Distribution list, changes to either should be reflected on the Team members.

1,626 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

148 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This feature request is still working its way through the backlog queue.

-Warren

4. Turn off message preview in notification toast

Currently, when I receive a message, a preview of this message is displayed in the notification toast. As we will be using Teams at work, it would be great for privacy if I had the option to turn off these previews, so the notification toast will just say "New Message from XY"

1,579 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

212 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Gantt view for Planner Tasks

When using The planner tasks TAB, we would to have the possibility to have a gantt view of our planificated tasks

1,574 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

129 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This request is still in the backlog, no new details are available at this time.

I’ll continue to watch for new information from the feature team to share with you.
    -Warren

6. Video screen size when sharing screen

When video chatting and sharing your screen, the video window is very small and you can't resize it.

When you are in an active meeting and have video and screen sharing enable:
    1. Able to resize video preview
    2. Able to use multiple monitors with video on one and screen share on the other.
    3. Able to move the video around the screen freely.
    4. Overlay video on full screen screenshare.
    5. Able to freely resize your split screen with video and screenshare.

1,560 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

130 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow ANYBODY to share their screen

Currently we have to use other services such as Google Hangout/Meet or other video conferencing apps to meet with people outside of our company, because MS Teams does not allow screen sharing for anonymous guests. Its a real pain ********** that Teams doesn't have this ability and most other services do. We meet with people outside of our company a lot so we frequently need to abandon MS Teams for these meetings.

1,537 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

131 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add the ability to " Quick Print " a file without having to download or open in sharepoint

I want to have the ability to print a file without having to download it or opening Sharepoint. A "Quick Print" option would be 100% great

1,512 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

335 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Joining a Team

CHANGE PROMPT:
    Change "Add team" to "Add or join a team": I avoided this button because I thought it would always create a new team. It wasn’t evident to me that I could browse for existing teams there too.

PREVIEW A TEAM:
    Provide the ability to preview a Team without immediately joining, to see what the reason for the Team is and what Channels exist. It’s a little cumbersome to have to join, realize the Team isn’t what you thought it was, and leave.

TEAMS DISCOVERABILITY
    Presently you have to know the name of a team to be able to…

1,481 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

113 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    partially done  ·  Warren responded

I’m switching the status to Partially Done.

The request for a Preview Team is still in the works. No new information is available at this time.

Team Discoverability is still being worked upon, no details are available at this time. If you support this idea please navigate over to the main topic and vote for it! https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/

Change Prompt: this has been completed
    -Warren

10. Allow users to enable push to talk in group meetings

Allow the users to configure to enable push to talk in group meetings.

1,477 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

165 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Convert Private Channel to Public Channel

Its good that Private channels are introduced in MS Teams. Can we have a option to convert a private channel to public channel.

Thanks & Regards,
    Bhanu

1,437 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

119 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Guest registration for live events

We have trouble introducing the live events feature if not every attendee is known. A solution would be, that additionally to the live event option "organization wide (registration required)" potential external viewer could register for the event, similar to the "Guest" registration for a team. So we can invite internal and external users and ensure that every viewer is known with name and email.

1,436 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

166 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow Group Chats to be Converted into a Team Channel

There are times when people start a conversation as a chat with a few people, and the chat gathers momentum and eventually becomes a regular chat room. It would be great to be able to convert a private chat into a Team Channel. The way it could work is, if the members of the chat are all part of the same team, you have a function where you can select that team from a dropdown list, and "Convert to Team Channel". The private chat would become a permanent team, and all previous chat history would be retained in the newly…

1,388 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

195 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Full Teams Client API including Call Control

Microsoft Teams should have completed Client APIs so that third party apps can be created to fill specific needs.

This API should allow call control of the Microsoft Teams application. Necessary call control features include:
    • dial/call
    • call answer
    • hang-up
    • hold/off hold
    • call transfer (all types: blind, consult, safe)
    • add participant
    • mute/unmute
    • park/unpark
    • call as a delegate
    Some general features include:
    • search contacts
    • get contact presence
    • get contact list folders/contacts
    • setup contact list folders/contacts
    • get/set my presence
    • get/set my note
    • get/set my delegates
    • get/set…

1,367 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Forwarding message feature!

Title speaks for itself :) That would be really cool.

Love you, MT!

1,348 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

197 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This is still under review, no decision has been made. But I will keep following up with the feature team and providing them your feedback.

-Warren

16. Spell check in multiple languages

It would be nice if it was possible to have the Teams desktop app in one languge and spell checking in multiple languge and at the same time customize date and time format.

E.g. I would like to have Teams in English, have spell checking in English and Danish, and have date and time format in "Danish".

1,344 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

217 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Incorrect status in teams

We have noticed that our Teams statuses are consistently incorrect. Even when some team members are active in Teams they are shown as "away" or "offline". For example, although I can see that my status is "active", my colleagues see my status as "offline".

Can you please fix this bug?

1,327 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

414 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi — My apologies for the delay in updating this item. We rolled out a fix a year ago for a specific issue of status changing to away in Teams when you were still active on the device. We thought this had fixed the “incorrect status” issue. From comments below, it sounds like people are still seeing issues.

If you are still having issues, it would be super helpful if you can capture logs by typing Ctrl + Shift + Alt + 1, and send the file from your downloads folder along with device info and detailed repro steps to teamsml@microsoft.com.

Thanks all!

18. Share video and audio during meetings

During meetings we need to be able to share an online video with team members. Videos could be in Stream or Youtube or Vimeo or others. And this includes sharing the video sound. Currently we use normal Teams screen sharing, but all team members on the call can either hear or see, the video/audio are always asynchronous.

1,322 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

264 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Share video and audio during meetings is released on Windows. Mac support is now planned for CY20Q3.

Note: Live events support for video and audio is tracked in this item – https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/38470144.

Please refer to this page for more info on this feature: https://support.office.com/article/share-system-audio-in-a-teams-meeting-dddede9f-e3d0-4330-873a-fa061a0d8e3b.

Thanks!

19. TO DO

Add Microsoft To Do into Teams via Tab or connector. I can add WunderList but not To Do

1,277 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Custom Group Categories for Teams

As I create more and more teams, I need to be able to group or categorize them. It seems like the only native groupings are "favorites" or "more". I would like to be able to create other categories. Once I get over 30 teams, grouping them into detailed categories is going to be imperative to stay organized.

1,267 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

146 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

Still under review by the feature team. Nothing new to report at this time.

-Warren

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base