Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "What's Changed" overlay (Coachmarks)

You should have a "what's changed" overlay everytime it updates, or at least a pinned topic on this page with a summary of the changelogs.
    Given that it is a new product, some updates might include the missing feature that a team is waiting to switch over to Teams and it would be good to be able to discover this.

172 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

I’m super excited about this one! This should help the daily user experience tremendously. Looking forward to bringing this to you.

2. Visual notification in systray of unread message (for both Mac and PC)

When there is an unread message, it would be *very* helpful if the systray icon could have a visual indicator that something is unread.

170 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to provision existing Office 365 groups to Teams through Admin center or PowerShell.

When trying to create a team, an Owner of a 365 Group can be prompted to add Teams to that Group, but only once. After adding the first group they own, they are not prompted again. There is also no way to manually provision this service to existing Groups in the Admin center.

111 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I expect lots of hi-fives via Twitter for fighting for this one. Coming soon, folks.

Suphatra

4. Ability to Copy a Team

It would be really useful to copy a team with all Channels and files/tabs associated, this way we could create a template and copy it when creating new teams

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

We’ve heard your suggestions and are working on the ability to clone an existing team using a template. When released, if you were to click on Add Team, then Create a Team, you would get the UI pop up that prompts you to “Create your Team” but, if you look to the bottom of the UI you would see the option to choose “Create a team using an existing team as a template”! Once you select that option, you would be able choose which channels, team settings, apps, and members to inherit via a simple setup wizard.
    Look for this feature to release by the end of the calendar year! And thank you all for the great feedback. -Warren

5. Mobile App - additional search functionality

Updating this topic to reflect that the focus is now on the additional search functionality since the other pieces of the original request have been completed.

Here is the originally summary below:
    Items 2, 3, 4, and 5 have been completed and released.

Android/mobile app:
    1) universal search function for files, messages, chats, and groups
    2) directly send invite to join teams, instead of chat only option
    3) ability to create new team, project, or group
    4) view calendar/schedule inside app

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Updating this topic to reflect that the focus is now on the additional search functionality since the other pieces of the original request have been completed.

Here is the originally summary below:
    Items 2, 3, 4, and 5 have been completed and released.

Android/mobile app:
    1) universal search function for files, messages, chats, and groups
    2) directly send invite to join teams, instead of chat only option
    3) ability to create new team, project, or group
    4) view calendar/schedule inside app

6. Shifts: Time Clock

Add the time clock feature from StaffHub to help administrators and supervisors keep track of hours and personnel

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Import Shifts schedule from Excel/CSV

Shifts already has export schedule in UI. It would be great to have a option to import schedule as well, so it could be prepared in a external (legacy) system and then easily imported using UI, without need to develop code for upcoming Graph API.
    This would also make possible to create a shift "template" that could be easily uploaded to new Shifts / groups.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Captioning on Audio and/or Video

As being employer to several staff who is Deaf and reply on using subtitle when watching video. I was surprised to see no subtitle/closed captioned feature when I play a video called Introduction to Microsoft Team Product Tour (2.03 minutes video) as enclosed in this attachment.
    Thank you.
    Regards
    Peter

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature request is still being worked upon. There was some priority shifting but this is actively being worked upon. I hope to have more details in the next couple weeks.

I’ll keep you posted.
    -Warren

9. Surface Hub Extensibility

Microsoft Team currently doesn't run on Surface Hub :-(
    when I clicked Join Online it's asking me to download the app however the app is not compatible with Surface Hub.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Surface Hub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sharing Desktop Zoom in and out capability

Participants should have the capability to zoom in on the user who's sharing their screen with the participants.
    this functionality is available on Skype for business, it's called Actual Size / Windows Fit

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are actively working on developing a solution for this. I will update when this gets to testing/validation.

-Suphatra

11. Granular bot and tab controls based on Office 365 Groups classifications

Currently bots & tabs have one control - on or off. Many organizations must turn this option of due to data protection issues. Corporate data will be sent out of the Office 365 environment to unknown sources (bots and tabs).

What I would like to see is a granular control that allows you to enable bots & tabs for Teams that have specific Office 365 Groups classifications. For instance you might enable bots & tabs for "Public" or "Unrestricted" Teams but not for "internal" or "restricted" ones.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Admin Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you all very much for the great response. The survey is now closed. The feature team will be reviewing all the data that was gathered and responded based on the findings.
    Again, thank you for helping us make Microsoft Teams the best it can be.
    -Warren

12. Setting to choose if Private Teams should still be searchable

We create our Teams as private by default since they are about the clients we work with. We are okay with everyone at the company knowing that these Teams exist, but we don't want them to be able to join them without permission.

The problem we're having is that people keeping asking 'does a Team exist for client X?' and there is no easy way to answer that question.

We'd like a way to search for private teams so that folks can request to join them.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Battery life on iOS & Android

According to iOS Battery report, Teams is responsible for 24% of my battery usage. I am not actively running or using the program, so I assume this is related to background tasks / notifications.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Stop scrolling while I type a message.

When I am typing a message, whether in chat or channel, the conversation window scrolls up for as long as I'm typing for. A message this long will scroll up a few dozen lines, while a much longer message will scroll to the beginning of the conversation.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This year-old bug has popped back up, as some of you may have noticed.

It is only affecting users who are scrolled at 85%. If you are experiencing this, please send me user logs so the team can crush this bug!

Thank you :-)
    Suphatra

15. Persistent Login/Notifications on Mobile

I have a bunch of users that leverage Slack and Google Hangouts for group collaboration and I would like to present them with Teams as an alternative, but I have a major issue that is keeping me from suggesting it:

The mobile app is too inconsistent for making sure that users will see messages. There have been many time when our IT test group will think they are good, but someone will call them and ask why they are ignoring Teams. When you pull up the app, you get the login screen instead of your conversations, only to sign in…

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback. This feature request is now being actively worked upon by the feature team. I’ll update this topic as we move along through the development.

Please keep the feedback coming. We appreciate all the responses.
    -Warren

16. Cloud Storage like Box repeatedly prompts for credentials

Cloud Storage like Box within Teams, keeps repeatedly prompting for credentials every 30 mins to 1 hour. Please renew the token silently before it expires. This will ease Users to access their files in Box.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Shifts migration from Staffhub

Show us how to import all our schedules from StaffHub to Shifts

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Organize App Tab

Better organization (alphabetize?) of apps in the plus (+) app tab. A clear summary/explanation of what the app does and if it requires purchasing.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The apps will soon be categorized making it much easier to find what you wish to add for your personal convenience. You will see a Category dropdown list where you can choose which type of apps to view. Some options will be “Communication”, “Files + Documents”, “News and Weather”, “Productivity”, and “Reference” just to name a few. Look for this to be released early in the new calendar year.
    Thank you for your feedback! -Warren

19. Open PowerBI App in Android like in iOS

Hi,
    we've tested a tab PowerBI with both iPhones and Android (Samsung). With iPhone the report is opened correctly with the app installed, while this doesn't happen on Android.
    Since in our organization we have mixed devices, we should be able to provide a common UX.
    Best regards

Daniele

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request has been accepted by the feature team and is actively being worked upon!

-Warren

20. While I'm typing messages in any channel or chat, the page slowly scrolls up. It also does this when I get a new message so I have to scrol

When I am typing a message, whether in chat or channel, the conversation window scrolls up for as long as I'm typing for. A message this long will scroll up a few dozen lines, while a much longer message will scroll to the beginning of the conversation.

THIS BUG IS NOT FIXED. VERY ANNOYING. It also scrolls up everytime someone types a new message so I have to scroll down to read it....

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Me again. The team says this bug is happening when the user is at 85% zoom on Teams. Can you check to see if you are, and if the problem goes away if you go to a different zoom level? Please comment on this thread or email me at sparavi@microsoft.com with what you find, so I can crush this bug. Thank you!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base