Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Granular bot and tab controls based on Office 365 Groups classifications

Currently bots & tabs have one control - on or off. Many organizations must turn this option of due to data protection issues. Corporate data will be sent out of the Office 365 environment to unknown sources (bots and tabs).

What I would like to see is a granular control that allows you to enable bots & tabs for Teams that have specific Office 365 Groups classifications. For instance you might enable bots & tabs for "Public" or "Unrestricted" Teams but not for "internal" or "restricted" ones.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

Thank you all very much for the great response. The survey is now closed. The feature team will be reviewing all the data that was gathered and responded based on the findings.
    Again, thank you for helping us make Microsoft Teams the best it can be.
    -Warren

2. Spam calls report and screening

Spam calls are on the rise. I may get a couple a day on my work phone.

Let users report a phone number as spam and use crowd sourcing to screen likely spam numbers.

Let Cortana answer a call and convert it to text in real time so that the user can decide if the call need to be answered.

Let users remove items from missing calls history.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Persistent Login/Notifications on Mobile

I have a bunch of users that leverage Slack and Google Hangouts for group collaboration and I would like to present them with Teams as an alternative, but I have a major issue that is keeping me from suggesting it:

The mobile app is too inconsistent for making sure that users will see messages. There have been many time when our IT test group will think they are good, but someone will call them and ask why they are ignoring Teams. When you pull up the app, you get the login screen instead of your conversations, only to sign in…

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback. This feature request is now being actively worked upon by the feature team. I’ll update this topic as we move along through the development.

Please keep the feedback coming. We appreciate all the responses.
    -Warren

4. Converting space to non breaking space

It seems that recently Teams starting converting space characters to non breaking space characters. The text with non breaking spaces doesn't work the same, e.g. a search query that not fails.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Optimize Media (Video) during Screen Sharing

Video should be optimized during screen sharing. Participants always received a "stopmotion-like" or dropped frames video.This greatly affect my teaching as I need to share video reference to my students for case study.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable sharing of System Audio from Mac client during Teams Live Events

I note that you have just delivered the ability to share System Audio from Windows during Teams Live Events. Please consider adding the same capability for Mac users of Teams.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Cloud Storage like Box repeatedly prompts for credentials

Cloud Storage like Box within Teams, keeps repeatedly prompting for credentials every 30 mins to 1 hour. Please renew the token silently before it expires. This will ease Users to access their files in Box.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow users to send praise to themselves

Allow users to send praise to themselves. Sometimes you just need to pat yourself on the back.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. SharePoint list alerts sent via Teams Chat

I would like the option when setting an Alert on a SharePoint List or Document Library to have the Alert come via Microsoft Teams Chat rather than via Email alert.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  0 comments  ·  Lists App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Open PowerBI App in Android like in iOS

Hi,
    we've tested a tab PowerBI with both iPhones and Android (Samsung). With iPhone the report is opened correctly with the app installed, while this doesn't happen on Android.
    Since in our organization we have mixed devices, we should be able to provide a common UX.
    Best regards

Daniele

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request has been accepted by the feature team and is actively being worked upon!

-Warren

11. Organize App Tab

Better organization (alphabetize?) of apps in the plus (+) app tab. A clear summary/explanation of what the app does and if it requires purchasing.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The apps will soon be categorized making it much easier to find what you wish to add for your personal convenience. You will see a Category dropdown list where you can choose which type of apps to view. Some options will be “Communication”, “Files + Documents”, “News and Weather”, “Productivity”, and “Reference” just to name a few. Look for this to be released early in the new calendar year.
    Thank you for your feedback! -Warren

12. Maintain Australian English Language Settings on Desktop Application Update

Microsoft has advised us that:-

We have discussed this issue with Teams desktop client language with our technical advisor and we have found that Teams desktop client only picks up the OS language when you have set a Teams supported language in the OS and unfortunately, English Australia is not a supported language for MS Teams. Hence the users need to setup the English Australia manually in Teams desktop client and by design it will switch back to the default English UK when Teams client is signed out or uninstalled or auto updated.
    Refer: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/change-your-display-language-in-microsoft-teams-293792c3-352e-4b24-9fc2-4c28b5de2db8
    We request you to share…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. International settings are false

Why Microsoft still binds country and language? For example Finland is a bilingual country and the official languages are Finnish and Swedish. Yet Sweden has slight differencies for eaxample in date format. Thus choosing Swedish/Sweden is not the correct choice. Another problem comes with the fact that I am working in an international company where the software language is English. This is also reasonable due the fact that local translations are not always correct and all bug fixes are not localized nor there may be a localized version available. But since I motly write in Finnish, I definitely like to…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve listened and the ability to leave a chat will soon be released! To access it you will simply click the “…” overflow menu from the left rail, on the chat you wish to leave. A fly-out will appear allowing you to either Favorite, Mute, Hide, or Leave the chat.
    Look for this early in the new calendar year! -Warren

15. Incorporate MS To do or task to the teams left side menu

incorporate the option of review and complete the task of Outlook or to do, as part of the teams platform

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Scaling pictures don't work

The possibility to scale a picture in a wiki article seems to have stopped working. Since the day before yesterday one can only scale the pictures that's been uploaded in the past, a new picture is one size and impossible to scale. Is this a known issue?

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Pin dial pad

I make a lot off calls. Having to click the calls > dial a number is very annoying. I would like to request that the dial pad is permanently available, or at least the option to pin it so I don't have to click the Dial a Number option every time I want to make a call. There's plenty of room for it!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Room Systems - Voice Commands for Touchless Meetings

As we think about returning to offices due to the Coronavirus pandemic, we are looking for ways to make more functions in our offices touchless. Accordingly, we would like a way to perform most of the functions in a Teams Room system by voice: start meeting, end meeting, mute/unmute, start/end video, etc. In other words, ability to use the Teams Room System, which has a touch-screen tablet, but with a minimal or zero-touch approach using voice commmands.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! The team is currently working on a new touch free meeting room experience. Cortana voice assistant on Teams Room devices will let in-room meeting participants to use spoken commands to manage select controls. To learn more details about this feature, please visit the roadmap at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=65961.

To learn more about additional new meeting room experiences updates, please visit https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams-blog/what-s-new-in-microsoft-teams-microsoft-ignite-2020/ba-p/1665600#calling.

19. Follow Skype for Business License for Chat in Teams

I work in the education sector and have over 1 million licenses we look after. 99% of these are not licensed to use skype for business because they do not want users to be chatting during lessons (K-12). This is for esafety reasons and prevent bullying when teh school dont have the time or resources to monitor this. For those that have, they can get a copy of the conversation history as it is stored in teh users mailboxes.

Teams does not follow any of this and some of my larger customers will not adopt Teams until the chat facility…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  3 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. sharepoint connector

Create a connector for SharePoint so that it can post into a channel when activity in a SharePoint list or library occurs (e.g. a new item is created or modified). For list items that are modified, it should indicate which column was modified. Currently, something similar can be achieved using Flow, but for most Team owners, creating a flow is too technical.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  0 comments  ·  Lists App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base