Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by me (Suphatra) and I’m a real person, not a robot. I work on the Teams team and sit in engineering, and its my job to represent your voice in the design and development of this product.

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which I check religiously!

Thanks everyone for supporting Teams. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,
Suphatra

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support non-office files in Channel Conversations

Please add the ability to start a conversation around non-office files (although, Visio, Project are also left out). Users now have to "post a link" to the Files file in a conversation rather than initiating it right from the file.

49 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

working on it  ·  2 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Captioning on Audio and/or Video

As being employer to several staff who is Deaf and reply on using subtitle when watching video. I was surprised to see no subtitle/closed captioned feature when I play a video called Introduction to Microsoft Team Product Tour (2.03 minutes video) as enclosed in this attachment.
      Thank you.
      Regards
      Peter

45 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Stop scrolling while I type a message.

When I am typing a message, whether in chat or channel, the conversation window scrolls up for as long as I'm typing for. A message this long will scroll up a few dozen lines, while a much longer message will scroll to the beginning of the conversation.

38 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This year-old bug has popped back up, as some of you may have noticed.

It is only affecting users who are scrolled at 85%. If you are experiencing this, please send me user logs so the team can crush this bug!

Thank you :-)
          Suphatra

• Cloud Storage like Box repeatedly prompts for credentials

Cloud Storage like Box within Teams, keeps repeatedly prompting for credentials every 30 mins to 1 hour. Please renew the token silently before it expires. This will ease Users to access their files in Box.

35 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Persistent Login/Notifications on Mobile

I have a bunch of users that leverage Slack and Google Hangouts for group collaboration and I would like to present them with Teams as an alternative, but I have a major issue that is keeping me from suggesting it:

The mobile app is too inconsistent for making sure that users will see messages. There have been many time when our IT test group will think they are good, but someone will call them and ask why they are ignoring Teams. When you pull up the app, you get the login screen instead of your conversations, only to sign in…

30 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback. This feature request is now being actively worked upon by the feature team. I’ll update this topic as we move along through the development.

Please keep the feedback coming. We appreciate all the responses.
              -Warren

• Teams has hijacked several keyboard shortcuts

Teams has hijacked several keyboard shortcuts as of early december, and will not allow them to be used even in other programmes.
              This is particularly annoying as one of them, ctrl+alt+d, is probably the most used shortcut on my keyboard - I use it a couple of times a minute while working. Is it possible to make these keyboard shortcuts reassignable, or at least to stop Teams from interrupting other programmes?

29 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Teams shortcut is not being added to Start menu App list

After installing Teams via latest executable, the shortcut for the application is not being added to the App list of Start menu. Even Windows Search cannot find it as an installed app. However, it can be found from installed applications via Settings.

Observed on Windows 10 version 1809.

25 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for raising the feedback. I’m happy to tell you that the build with the fix for this issue is in the process of being rolled out. Once you have received the upgrade to build 28562, you should no longer encounter the issue.

~ Alex

• Organize App Tab

Better organization (alphabetize?) of apps in the plus (+) app tab. A clear summary/explanation of what the app does and if it requires purchasing.

19 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The apps will soon be categorized making it much easier to find what you wish to add for your personal convenience. You will see a Category dropdown list where you can choose which type of apps to view. Some options will be “Communication”, “Files + Documents”, “News and Weather”, “Productivity”, and “Reference” just to name a few. Look for this to be released early in the new calendar year.
                    Thank you for your feedback! -Warren

• Open PowerBI App in Android like in iOS

Hi,
                    we've tested a tab PowerBI with both iPhones and Android (Samsung). With iPhone the report is opened correctly with the app installed, while this doesn't happen on Android.
                    Since in our organization we have mixed devices, we should be able to provide a common UX.
                    Best regards

Daniele

17 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • While I'm typing messages in any channel or chat, the page slowly scrolls up. It also does this when I get a new message so I have to scrol

When I am typing a message, whether in chat or channel, the conversation window scrolls up for as long as I'm typing for. A message this long will scroll up a few dozen lines, while a much longer message will scroll to the beginning of the conversation.

THIS BUG IS NOT FIXED. VERY ANNOYING. It also scrolls up everytime someone types a new message so I have to scroll down to read it....

13 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Follow Skype for Business License for Chat in Teams

I work in the education sector and have over 1 million licenses we look after. 99% of these are not licensed to use skype for business because they do not want users to be chatting during lessons (K-12). This is for esafety reasons and prevent bullying when teh school dont have the time or resources to monitor this. For those that have, they can get a copy of the conversation history as it is stored in teh users mailboxes.

Teams does not follow any of this and some of my larger customers will not adopt Teams until the chat facility…

10 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Scaling pictures don't work

The possibility to scale a picture in a wiki article seems to have stopped working. Since the day before yesterday one can only scale the pictures that's been uploaded in the past, a new picture is one size and impossible to scale. Is this a known issue?

7 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • 6 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve listened and the ability to leave a chat will soon be released! To access it you will simply click the “…” overflow menu from the left rail, on the chat you wish to leave. A fly-out will appear allowing you to either Favorite, Mute, Hide, or Leave the chat.
                              Look for this early in the new calendar year! -Warren

1 2 4 Next →
                            • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base