Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Using Teams Offline

MULTIPLE USERS reporting offline needs:

Generally want to use Teams offline:

If I am offline it would be great to browse through Teams and Channels in case I have to lookup some informations.

Also viewing the latest notes in "Notes" on teams would be great.

It would be enough to have "Read only" - for the moment my Teams app does not even open when I am offline

Compared on my mobile - I can read all posts while I am offline.

Edit while offline:

just been using teams wiki to take and share notes in a meeting. when the…

1,251 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

99 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Open in Word/Excel/PowerPoint as Default

It would be great if Teams would have the ability to always launch the desktop app when opening Office documents as opposed to launching the online version.

Rest of teams is awesome.

1,209 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

111 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

This feature request is still in the works. No additional updates are available at this time. I’ll keep you posted as I hear more.

-Warren

3. Display 'user is typing' indication also in Teams Channel

While there's an indication of the user that's actively typing in the Chat area, I'd like to have this in the Teams area as well

1,164 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  42 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When granting access a Security group or Distribution list to a Team. Changes to the security groups/DL does not apply.

When granting access a Security group or Distribution list to a Team. Changes to the security groups/DL does not apply. If a user leaves the company or if we have new users, it is a manual process to add or remove them from a Team. Since we can select a Security group or Distribution list, changes to either should be reflected on the Team members.

1,157 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

106 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This feature request is still working its way through the backlog queue.

-Warren

5. Allow hyperlinking to network drive locations

While you are currently able to hyperlink to any https:// address, hyperlinks to \-mapped drives does not work. having the ability to do this would be a huge help for a company that has a sophisticated network drive setup for everyone to access

1,153 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

172 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add the ability to " Quick Print " a file without having to download or open in sharepoint

I want to have the ability to print a file without having to download it or opening Sharepoint. A "Quick Print" option would be 100% great

1,129 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

192 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

The feature team is still digging into the details of this item. I don’t have an update yet, but all your feedback and votes are shared with the feature team every month.
    I’ll keep pushing this item and hope to have more details soon.
    -Warren

7. left navigation: make it collapsible

make the left-hand navigation collapsible

1,114 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  153 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Let me @ Mention the user's first name instead of their DisplayName

Hi,
    When mentioning someone with @, is it possible to use the user alias instead of the Display Name? In Slack for example, it is possible to choose whether to display the full name or the user name when being mentioned. Could be great to have it on MS Teams because it is shorter in messages where many mentions are provided.

1,112 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  95 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Support for http and not only https

Only possible to use HTTPS urls as tabs. Would be nice if HTTP would work as well.

1,108 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

200 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is still in the works. I don’t have a timeline yet, but I hope to have some more details to share in the coming weeks.

I know how important this and am working on getting more feedback for you.

-Warren

10. Proofing tools (spell check, theasaurus, autocorrect)

One of the defining features of office down the years has been the proofing tools (i.e. Spell checker, theasaurus, autocorrect, grammar checker). I would love to see these come to Teams.

The way I envisage this working is as I'm typing a message the famous red/blue/green squigglies that we've all become familiar with should show up.

Most of all I'd like autocorrect (i.e. a spelling correction that I've used previously automatically gets applied as I type). Stretch goal for this, have a single set of autocorrects that work across all of Office 365, including the client apps.

Some people might…

1,091 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

138 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi everyone, the engineer working on this item has left the company and we’re working on replacing him. I wanted to give you that heads up because the work has paused, which extends our shipping date.

I really appreciate your patience as we work to get this back to actively worked on.

Suphatra

11. Disable auto-syncing of Availability status with Outlook calendar

Please also allow users to turn off auto-syncing of Availability status with their Outlook calendar and other sources.

1,086 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

243 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make "Follow this channel" the default setting.

Usual Microsoft lack of UI intuition.
    Channels should be followed by default with the user unfollowing it if they wish.

1,066 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

173 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still being reviewed and pending a decision. No new details at this time.

-Warren

13. Sort conversations so the latest posts are at the top rather than bottom

Messages currently come in with latest content at the bottom of the page. Would be good to be able to re-sort so the conversations with the most recent traffic are at the top. Also, move the "Start a new conversation" to the top so that its clear you're adding a new conversation and not responding to a prior thread (we have a lot of newbies who don't use the "reply" because the compose bar is on the bottom, and thus end up creating a bunch of new threads accidentally).

Conversations in Groups starts at the top and forces old ones…

1,068 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

294 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi everyone, thanks so much for this request.

We have thought this through and decided to prioritize other user-requested items, so this one has been declined. But please don’t stop telling us what you want, because we’re still working to get many of those done. We’re listening and appreciate your support and patience.

Suphatra

14. outlook integrations for shifts

Once a user is assigned a schedule within shifts the schedule should sync to their outlook calendar.

It would also be nice to see Available shifts in outlook and be able to accept them (or at least link to the shift in teams to be able to accept)

1,063 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

122 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow copying whole chat conversations

Currently, it's not possible to select & copy more than one message in a chat. When I try to select two or more messages, the focus stays on the first message making it impossible to copy whole chat.

There are some really ugly workarounds like: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Copying-conversations/td-p/62849 which I don't consider a solution of the situation.

I want to be able to select multiple messages at once and copy them by hitting CTRL+C.

1,059 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

160 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

Thank you for your suggestion! We really appreciate the feedback and idea. We have reviewed this request and started working on it. I’ll let you know as it nears completion.

Suphatra

16. Block change picture

In Skype for Business we were able to prevent users from uploading pictures for their avatar. This was done from a PowerShell script that modified the OWA policy. We should have the same option with Teams. Hopefully in UI instead of PS.

1,048 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

223 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still in the works, no new details to share yet.
    -Warren

17. Merge/consolidate channels

We changed the mind about the way we used some channels. We decided that some of the channels need to be merged. It would be nice to be able to do this without using history. We want history to be merged.

1,049 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

123 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request is now being reviewed by the feature team! I’ll keep you posted as to the future decision.

-Warren

18. Mass add users to a channel or team

Please add mass add users to a channel or team.
    Like we use on other Office 365 services. email@domain;email@domain and (if possible) @everyone something like that.
    I'm using and loving Microsoft Teams :-)
    Thanks a lot.

1,034 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

210 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi folks, we are collecting feedback on this so we can determine prioritization and user need.

Please comment in the thread below about how this affects you, how you currently add members, and who you think would benefit from this in your organization.

Thank you!

19. Gantt view for Planner Tasks

When using The planner tasks TAB, we would to have the possibility to have a gantt view of our planificated tasks

1,029 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

96 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This request is still in the backlog, no new details are available at this time.

I’ll continue to watch for new information from the feature team to share with you.
    -Warren

20. Incorrect status in teams

We have noticed that our Teams statuses are consistently incorrect. Even when some team members are active in Teams they are shown as "away" or "offline". For example, although I can see that my status is "active", my colleagues see my status as "offline".

Can you please fix this bug?

1,011 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

294 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi — My apologies for the delay in updating this item. We rolled out a fix a year ago for a specific issue of status changing to away in Teams when you were still active on the device. We thought this had fixed the “incorrect status” issue. From comments below, it sounds like people are still seeing issues.

If you are still having issues, it would be super helpful if you can capture logs by typing Ctrl + Shift + Alt + 1, and send the file from your downloads folder along with device info and detailed repro steps to teamsml@microsoft.com.

Thanks all!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base