Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. View Pinned Chats in mobile app

Showing pinned chats t the top of the Recent Chat list works great in the desktop app. It is especially nice for pinning named group chats. But this functionality doesn't appear in the mobile app. Users should also be able to view pinned chat groups in the mobile app.

320 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

50 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Windows app should be in the Windows store

Even if there won't be a modern UWP app for Teams, the Win32 app should be available through the Microsoft Store so it is discoverable by Windows 10 users (that's where I looked first, with no luck of course).

309 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Windows 10 S (Preview)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

This feature is still in the works. There was some adjustments to the overall strategy.
    I’ll try to get some additional details and share them with you.

-Warren

3. data retention

on the settings there needs to be something for enterprise data retention. e.g. after 60 or 90 days data is purged off, or conversations roll off.

284 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  46 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sharing Desktop Zoom in and out capability

Participants should have the capability to zoom in on the user who's sharing their screen with the participants.
    this functionality is available on Skype for business, it's called Actual Size / Windows Fit

248 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

We are actively working on developing a solution for this. I will update when this gets to testing/validation.

-Suphatra

5. Teams Meetings appear to take a lot of CPU (avg 32%)

When running a Teams Meeting on my Surface Pro i7 (2017), my screen-sharing, video meeting used about 30-32% of my CPU constantly. This seems different than Skype for Business. My battery life went from 100% to 35% over the 2 hour meeting.

242 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Battery life on iOS & Android

According to iOS Battery report, Teams is responsible for 24% of my battery usage. I am not actively running or using the program, so I assume this is related to background tasks / notifications.

237 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

71 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Dark theme problems!

See thread for issues related to dark theme. Here are some that are noted:

1. In dark theme, the warning messages are quite unreadable in the private messaging window

2. When an email is sent in from Outlook on the Web when I’m using the dark theme, the text in the email is very dark as per the original email. When viewing this email with Teams using the default (light) theme, it looks great.

3. In Teams chat, no way to turn text back to WHITE, when using the dark theme.

4. Using the dark theme, I have to hunt around a bit to…

235 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

This feature request is still being worked upon. No additional status to share

Items still in the works:
    2), 4), 5) and 7)

Items we cannot repro:
    6) and it doesn’t appear people are hitting it, but let me know

Items that are completed and in the public release:
    1) and 3)

-Warren

8. Shifts - Date localisation

Ability to localise dates - In at least AU and UK we use DD/MM - its becomes confusing quickly when half the dates are in local and the other half are in US format

229 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  30 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Advance Whiteboard Features

Advance whiteboard features would add massive value to remote teams like icon & photo finder, wireframes templates, idea voting,web page capture or via URL, prebuilt templates (eg.Strategy, Agile, ideation, mind maps, sixsigma tools...)... A good inspiration can be found in Realtimeboard or Mural.

215 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are working on improving the Microsoft Whiteboard in Teams to include new features including sticky notes, pen and ink, and drag and drop capabilities. These features will enable team members who don’t have access to a touchscreen or Surface Hub to participate in whiteboarding sessions during Teams meetings. You can read more details here: https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/blog/2020/07/08/reimagining-virtual-collaboration-future-work-learning/.

10. "What's Changed" overlay (Coachmarks)

You should have a "what's changed" overlay everytime it updates, or at least a pinned topic on this page with a summary of the changelogs.
    Given that it is a new product, some updates might include the missing feature that a team is waiting to switch over to Teams and it would be good to be able to discover this.

214 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m super excited about this one! This should help the daily user experience tremendously. Looking forward to bringing this to you.

11. Take over locals from windows - or at least allow them to be set

Allow me to use my language, 24 h clock and similar
    Plus it could proof read my chats accordingly

194 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. blur background on teams on android

please bring an option to blur our videos on mobile meeting in teams as well....

169 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Meeting Recording Guest Access

Guests invited to meetings currently cannot view meeting recordings. All meeting invitees should be able to access the meeting recording.

138 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to provision existing Office 365 groups to Teams through Admin center or PowerShell.

When trying to create a team, an Owner of a 365 Group can be prompted to add Teams to that Group, but only once. After adding the first group they own, they are not prompted again. There is also no way to manually provision this service to existing Groups in the Admin center.

135 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I expect lots of hi-fives via Twitter for fighting for this one. Coming soon, folks.

Suphatra

15. Stop scrolling while I type a message.

When I am typing a message, whether in chat or channel, the conversation window scrolls up for as long as I'm typing for. A message this long will scroll up a few dozen lines, while a much longer message will scroll to the beginning of the conversation.

132 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This year-old bug has popped back up, as some of you may have noticed.

It is only affecting users who are scrolled at 85%. If you are experiencing this, please send me user logs so the team can crush this bug!

Thank you :-)
    Suphatra

16. Surface Hub Extensibility

Microsoft Team currently doesn't run on Surface Hub :-(
    when I clicked Join Online it's asking me to download the app however the app is not compatible with Surface Hub.

129 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Surface Hub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Option to view full calendar in teams mobile

Currently you can only view your calendar for the current week in the mobile app. Please add option to view all calendar events beyond 1 week.

120 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Teams pop-up notifications no longer display on top of (fullscreen) applications

Since a recent change in Teams notifications no longer display on top when working in fullscreen mode. Most collegues work with a Remote Desktop client. Teams they run in the background on their local machine.
    When you would receive a message or a call Teams would pop-up a notification on top of the RD-client. Since a recent update this no longer happens. You have to minimize te RD-client and other applications that run on your local machine, because they all show on top of the Notification.

I think this is caused by an update where Teams notifications now are using…

119 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Filter Call History

For us and our customers it would be helpful to be able to filter the results in the call history. At the moment, this list is just getting longer and longer. So, I'd like to be able to sort and filter by type (incomming, outgoing, missed), date or source/destination number.

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Setting to choose if Private Teams should still be searchable

We create our Teams as private by default since they are about the clients we work with. We are okay with everyone at the company knowing that these Teams exist, but we don't want them to be able to join them without permission.

The problem we're having is that people keeping asking 'does a Team exist for client X?' and there is no easy way to answer that question.

We'd like a way to search for private teams so that folks can request to join them.

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base