Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Browser/OS independent desktop notifications using HTML5

Not sure about the desktop clients because there isn't one available for my operating system. However, the web app is essentially unfit for purpose because I can't tell when anyone is trying to contact me unless I sit there, constantly staring at the app.

369 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

50 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

This is still being worked upon and making good progress! Stay tuned for additional updates.

-Warren

2. Links/attachments in chat

If you attach an item to a chat it will be saved in the files section of the channel. But if you are chatting about a document and you want to reference it you do not want to save it to the channel as it is already in another folder of the SP Site. To create a copy in the channel does not make sense as you are creating duplicates. a link would be the solution.

349 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature is still in the works. No additional details are available at this time.
    -Warren

3. Add Cortana

Imagine this chat conversation between two users:

Patrick : Sales is doing great now...
    James : Yes but I wonder where we are growing?
    Patrick: @Cortana Show me revenue by country in October 2016
    Cortana: [Shows a graph with top selling countries with a link to the Power BI report]
    James: @Cortana What product sells best in Sweden?
    Cortana: [Answers with text] "Superduper Sport Shoe" has most revenue in Sweden for October 2016.

Now imagine adding in a bot that can answer questions about inventory or even a procurement bot...

348 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is still being worked upon.

I am still trying to get details on what we could expect for Cortana in Teams and will share examples once something is available.

-Warren

4. Slow performance and high memory consumption

This may technically be a bug but I'll add this anyway as a blanket item. The performance of the desktop client is just abysmal in my experience.

Clicking around constantly freezes the UI, and typing is painfully slow.

323 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Merged  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi guys! Thanks for submitting this. I totally hear you and have experienced this as well.

The good news is, we’re actively working on this. We recently pushed an update that improved performance when channel switching and scrolling. So this should be considerably better for you.

We’ll continue to make improvements on performance, so stay tuned for updates.

Keep the suggestions coming and thank you for helping us make Teams awesome!

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

Email: sparavi@microsoft.com
    Twitter: @skprufo

5. Guest Access to see Planner Tasks

Hello, I have a question about MS Teams Guest Access. Is there any working on Guest acces to login-sign in MS teams planner or tasks?
    Guest Accounts can see chat, folders etc but can not open planner tasks ?
    Thanks.

311 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great news! This feature request is being worked upon by the Planner team!
    Expect an update soon.

-Warren

6. Speed Dial for Teams IP Phones

Currently the Teams IP Phones are not useable cause in order to dial a call you have to use the onscreen keyboard to search for a contact to see presence or to dial the call. Teams IP Phones need to be able to place certain contacts on a speed dial tab that will show certain contacts and their presence status on one screen. You should be able to glance at the speed dial tab to quickly see who in your team is online and dial them.

296 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

62 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Search results should show the full thread

Searching for something works (mostly), however if the thing you're search for is sufficiently far back in time, then it's nigh impossible to actually get results back. Clicking the message says "go to chat to see the rest", but clicking on that does nothing but take you back to the chat at the current time, rather than the target message. If you bookmark the message and try to get at the location in chat via that, then the client just lags and eventually crashes. (while chewing up 100% CPU) Tried the desktop client (developer preview), web client Chrome, web client…

294 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Windows app should be in the Windows store

Even if there won't be a modern UWP app for Teams, the Win32 app should be available through the Microsoft Store so it is discoverable by Windows 10 users (that's where I looked first, with no luck of course).

275 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Windows 10 S (Preview)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature is still in the works. There was some adjustments to the overall strategy.
    I’ll try to get some additional details and share them with you.

-Warren

9. Metadata / Customized Views in Files Tab

Show Metadata in the Files Tab to easily see, add and change metadata. (It seems that now you have do all that in Sharepoint)

268 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Proper MSI Installer for VDI

The recent MSI installer isn't really what people are asking for. It doesn't actually install to program files. It just puts an installer in program files which then installs to the users app data. This doesn't work for me at all.

In a non-persistent VDI environment the application has to install on every login (unless I roam appdata/local which I don't want to do). This isn't the end of the world as it's fairly quick but the problem comes when you also use Yammer. Yammer has the same weird install method and when both teams and yammer try to install…

250 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  19 comments  ·  VDI Platfom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. data retention

on the settings there needs to be something for enterprise data retention. e.g. after 60 or 90 days data is purged off, or conversations roll off.

249 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  47 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Desktop App needs to allow the Font to be adjusted

We have a number of users who are struggling with the font size the desktop app, be great if it could be adjusted. Its fine on the web app.

235 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Merged  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi guys, turns out that we put this on the previous release notes but it actually isn’t releasing until this week.

I’m really sorry! I hope you all weren’t too affected.

Some of you have pinged me individually on this, I’ll make sure to let you know on email/Twitter too. I’ll update this item back to complete once the feature is out.

Thank you so much for your feedback and engagement, and please keep helping us make this product great!

Sincerely,
    Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams
    Email: sparavi@microsoft.com
    Social: twitter.com/skprufo

13. Translation on smartphone

On the desktop we have translation but not on mobile. Please can this be added as a function ?

230 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  22 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. "No One" choice in the lobby.

Please add the "No one" choice to the Meeting Options section, aka. The Lobby.

213 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks again for your feedback on this. The team has begun working on an option requiring everyone other than the meeting organizer to go thru the lobby. We will continue to evaluate our best option to release with increased priority.

Thanks!

15. Dark theme problems!

See thread for issues related to dark theme. Here are some that are noted:

1. In dark theme, the warning messages are quite unreadable in the private messaging window

2. When an email is sent in from Outlook on the Web when I’m using the dark theme, the text in the email is very dark as per the original email. When viewing this email with Teams using the default (light) theme, it looks great.

3. In Teams chat, no way to turn text back to WHITE, when using the dark theme.

4. Using the dark theme, I have to hunt around a bit to…

192 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is still being worked upon. No additional status to share

Items still in the works:
    2), 4), 5) and 7)

Items we cannot repro:
    6) and it doesn’t appear people are hitting it, but let me know

Items that are completed and in the public release:
    1) and 3)

-Warren

16. "What's Changed" overlay (Coachmarks)

You should have a "what's changed" overlay everytime it updates, or at least a pinned topic on this page with a summary of the changelogs.
    Given that it is a new product, some updates might include the missing feature that a team is waiting to switch over to Teams and it would be good to be able to discover this.

188 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

I’m super excited about this one! This should help the daily user experience tremendously. Looking forward to bringing this to you.

17. 172 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve heard your suggestions and are working on the ability to clone an existing team using a template. When released, if you were to click on Add Team, then Create a Team, you would get the UI pop up that prompts you to “Create your Team” but, if you look to the bottom of the UI you would see the option to choose “Create a team using an existing team as a template”! Once you select that option, you would be able choose which channels, team settings, apps, and members to inherit via a simple setup wizard.
    Look for this feature to release by the end of the calendar year! And thank you all for the great feedback. -Warren

18. Allow turning off automatic spell checking

Please add the ability to turn off the "check spelling as I type" feature in the Microsoft Teams Windows app. I use the web app instead of the Windows app simply because I cannot turn off this feature in the Windows app. My opinion is probably in the minority, but I find automatic, real-time spell checking (with the squiggly red lines) to be the most annoying feature ever implemented in any computer program -- even worse than "Clippy" the Windows paperclip help assistant.

161 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Real-time translation feature for Teams meeting

It would be great that Teams could implement a real-time translation for conversations in a meeting and captioning feature like the Presentation Translator add-in for PowerPoint. This feature would be useful to have a Teams meeting with users in other countries.

150 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Adding Room devices to a Teams Live Event.

During a Teams Live Event we can either take the TeamClients or a RTMP encoder as streaming source. It would be great to gain the ability to add SIP-endpoints or Skype Room system too.
    Being able to stream from any SIP device is the missing puzzle piece in an already great interrop solution.
    Imaging being able to use any video conferences room as Broadcast studio?

I`m sure this would empower the Interrop soloution offer by Polycom, Pexip and BlueJeans a lot.

Currently the only workaround is to use RTMP, but the workflow is to bad for the enduser.

134 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base