Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please enable share control in video meeting

We used to be able to share control in video meeting so we can do remote support.

Please include this feature in the future releases.

Thanks,
    Jason

1,428 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

84 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Warren responded

This item was completed.

From within a meeting the share control can be found at the dropdown at the top of the screen if you are currently sharing as well as the floating control box that exists when you are in a meeting.

Thank you for all your feedback.
    -Warren

2. Reporting Capabilities

We are after reporting capabilities to capture granular detail on activity within Teams.

We would like to have data capturing:
    1. Number of users enabled
    2. Number of daily active unique users
    3. Breakdown of devices uniquely used
    4. Number of teams created
    5. Number of teams deleted
    6. How many instant messages sent overall in the Chat
    7. How many calls made in Teams
    8. Number of files shared in channels
    9. How many combined ‘likes’ have been made over a period of time

1,427 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

114 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow organizer to end meetings

People should not have to manually leave meetings in order for them to end. We have had several people forget to manually leave meetings, and the channel continues to show that a meeting is in progress when in fact it has ended.

The organizer of channel meetings should be able to 'end' meetings altogether instead of simply leaving the meeting space.

1,384 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

194 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As stated last week, based on the volume of recent feedback, we fast-tracked adding the ability for meeting organizers to end a meeting for all participants with the click of a button. This was released to the public ring today.

In addition, the team has begun working on an option requiring everyone other than the meeting organizer to go thru the lobby. Once that feature is available, attendees will be placed in the lobby when rejoining the meeting. (Please see this UV item – https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/38309602).

Thank you,
    Alex & the Teams team

4. About Include System audio in live events

Even in live events, the Include System audio feature should be implemented when sharing windows.

1,325 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

164 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. don't switch to "away", just because I'm using a different application (i'm still at work!)

The availability status should indicate whether or not someone is available, which means they are available to chat.

So it does not make sense to switch my status to away, just because I'm answering email or do something else on my computer.

1,311 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

192 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The fix for this is officially completed! For the specific issue of status changing to away in Teams when you are still active on the device, there was still a small % of users who saw the broken behavior, but as of today, all should be working correctly. Please note this was a backend fix, so no client update is needed.

If you believe you are still having an issue, please feel free to capture logs by typing Ctrl + Shift + Alt + 1, and send the file from your downloads folder along with detailed repro steps to teamsml@microsoft.com.

Thanks everyone – and enjoy!

6. Leave a group chat

Let me be able to leave it completely if I want to.

1,301 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

163 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Suphatra responded

You can now remove yourself from group chats! Just click the overflow menu next to the chat and select Leave. You’ll still have access to chat history up until you left.

-Suphatra

7. Block change picture

In Skype for Business we were able to prevent users from uploading pictures for their avatar. This was done from a PowerShell script that modified the OWA policy. We should have the same option with Teams. Hopefully in UI instead of PS.

1,240 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

280 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Copying text - hovering menu hides the end of the text

When copying text from a message, the ending of the message is hidden by the "More Options" hover.

1,233 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

329 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. User customizable left navigation

The far left navigation panel seems to have a whole lot of blank space just calling out to be filled with things, and there is plenty of functionality within Teams that could be put there so users could reach it faster. That big gap between Files and Feedback is wasted space!

You should let individual users decide what goes in this space by giving them the ability to pin additional things they want there. I use the 'Saved' functionality a lot for example. It would be nice to have it out there only one click away. Perhaps I think a…

1,203 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

133 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Users can now pin their personal apps right where they can readily access them – on the Teams app bar. Simply find the app, right-click the icon, and select “pin”. Even after you navigate away, the app icon will remain so you can easily return to it. You can also customize your app bar further by dragging and dropping apps to your desired position, or unpinning apps.

This feature is in addition to the Teams Admin’s ability to establish tenant-wide policies for the apps that appear on everyone’s Teams app bar.

10. Automatic DND when presenting

Automatically set status to Do Not Disturb/DND when presenting or sharing screen like on Skype. It's very inconvenient when banners for personal chat notifications come up during meetings, sometimes the content is not to be shared with others. If not that then allow for the option to not show actual text in the banner notifications.

1,167 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

92 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Status is automatically set to Presenting in Teams when screen sharing is started during a Teams meeting.

For other suggestions mentioned in the comments, please follow the following UserVoice items:

- Mute notifications when on a video or audio call: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/40228330
    - Respect focus assist: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16950997

Thanks.

11. Mute a channel - (Mute Chat is complete)

I'd love to keep groups/channels in my list, but mute a channel so I don't get those. I get notified whenever some tags a channel eg @General, it's super distracting!

Also would like the possibility to mute a group chat, so no sound or mobile notification should be received for a user that chooses to mute some group chat.

1,122 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

165 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Muting both a channel and a chat are now available to the public.

When you mute a channel, you will continue to get notifications for the following:
    - @Team mentions in that channel
    - Replies and reactions to conversations which you have taken part in that channel
    - @Channel mention of other channels in that muted channel

What you will stop receiving notifications for are:
    - All new posts in that channel
    - Replies to those posts in that channel
    - @Channel mentions of that channel

To mute a particular channel,
    - Go to the channel overflow menu (triple dot) and choose “Channel notifications”
    - Select “Off” for all the menu options you see in that “Channel notifications” dialog box

Thanks!

12. Customize Sidebar

I would really like the ability to choose which apps go in the sidebar. It just makes sense.

1,116 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

156 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Upload files into directly into folders in Teams on iOS app

A requested feature in Teams on iOS device is the ability to upload files directly to folders in Teams. At this time, you may upload files in the conversation tab, but it will be uploaded directly in the root of the team. In what I request, you should be able to access the Teams file archive, go to the folder where you want to upload the file and then upload.

The picture shows where I'd love to have an "attach a file"-button.

1,115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

149 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1,346 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

88 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Markdown support

In slack I can format my message by using markdown.
    See get.slack.help/hc/en-us/articles/202288908-...

That also allows me to have some kind of code highlighting.
    This feature is really cool for teams discussing technical subjects.

1,111 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

102 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Markdown is here!

For those who want to be able to format text on the fly or collaborate on code, markdown has finally arrived. Now, you’ve got a quick, easy way to perform the following actions:

add asterisks to either end of some text to make it bold
    underscore the beginning and end of some text in order to make it italic
    add a tilde before and after your text to strike through
    Add a double pound sign (##) before your text to create a Header
    Type [text](URL) to create a hyperlink within a message
    To start a bulleted list, preface your text with an asterisk (*) or a hyphen (-)
    To start a numbered list, preface your text with
    To create a block quote, just add a right-hand bracket (>) before your text
    Even better, our markdown syntax includes support for code:

To add an inline block…

16. Use existing Planner or Group to build Team

Maybe this is in there, but we have a number of Office 365 Groups it would be nice to make a team out of. I got to make a team the very first time out of a group for one, but I don't see a way of making a team out of an existing Group and auto-adding those members. It would be nice if it tied to the existing Planner--I don't want to make new teams or groups, but use the existing ones....

1,042 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry folks, I totally missed this one thought it’s been done for a while now, as some of you have figured out.

How to use an existing Planner to build a Team: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Planner-Blog/Bringing-a-Plan-into-Microsoft-Teams/ba-p/57463

And for Groups, when you are creating a new Team, you’ll see a paragraph at the bottom of the “Create a Team” form box that gives you an option to select an existing group.

Please note that you must be the ADMIN of the Planners and Groups you are trying to build a Team upon.

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions, and sorry I let this one pass me!

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

17. Flashing Icon in task bar for unread messages

Teams icon pinned in taskbar doesn't blink orange anymore when I receive new messages. I cannot find an option to turn this. Was this removed?

1,034 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

192 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. More than 20 participants in a chat

We would like to use group chats for conversations that are not team/work related. However, the 20 participant limit keeps us from using the feature to it's full extent. Please increase the participant limit for group chats from 20 to 100.

986 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

182 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is done rolling out and you should all be able to use this function in your Teams now. Ping me at sparavi (at) Microsoft (dot) com if you have any questions!

Suphatra

19. Remove the need to constantly log in

Something has changed, but over the past 2 weeks, each time I reboot, or even resume from sleep, I'm presented with the SSO/ADFS signin page within Teams. As most users don't even notice this, most remain perpetually logged out, defeating the purpose of Teams.

963 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  131 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Recreate deleted channel

Deleted channels cannot be recreated. They are visible in ShaerPoint, but cannot be recreated or restored in Teams.

889 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

110 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Warren responded

The restore the deleted channel is available. Here is the release note snip.

Restore a deleted channel

You’re now able to restore any channel you deleted up to 21 days after taking action (click Manage team then open the Channels tab to get started). Anyone can do this by default, but there’s a team setting that restricts restoring and deleting channels to team owners only.

Since the restore channel is available I will flag this one completed.

However, we are still working on the issue with SharePoint folder names not being synced after deleting or renaming. The UV topic tracking the SharePoint issue can be found at https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16927219-re-using-the-same-channel-name

-Warren

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base