Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keep the Linux Client up to date with the latest features.

We love to use Teams in a multi platform Online School environment .

Stick to version 1.3.005153

missing :

3x3 Grid, better more, View
    Raise Hands
    Blur Background
    Share single application Window, with passthrough audio
    Mouspointer not visible to others when share screen

4,485 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

777 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Video screen size when sharing screen

When video chatting and sharing your screen, the video window is very small and you can't resize it.

When you are in an active meeting and have video and screen sharing enable:
    1. Able to resize video preview
    2. Able to use multiple monitors with video on one and screen share on the other.
    3. Able to move the video around the screen freely.
    4. Overlay video on full screen screenshare.
    5. Able to freely resize your split screen with video and screenshare.

4,231 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

444 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your continued feedback. We have a feature on the backlog for popping out content, so that you can see one screen with the video gallery and one screen with the shared content. We will share an update as soon as one is available.

For the separate feature ask for full screen option, please upvote and comment at https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/41277121.

​For split screen camera and desktop, please upvote and comment at https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/37118773.

For full screen for self video, please upvote and comment at https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/38322247.

3. Improve audio notifications

VOLUME: The sound is too low!! Most people don't think it's even on. Let us customize the sound level, please.

UNIQUE SOUNDS FOR CALLS VS CHATS/MESSAGES: Right now sounds are all or nothing. This is not good. For example, you may want to have sound for Calls but not for chat or messages. There is a difference when you need to hear that someone is calling you – versus getting the constant bing/bing/bing on message chat.

UNIQUE SOUND FOR PRIVATE CHAT: It would be nice to have different sounds for private chat and notifications, so that its easy to know…

4,165 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

665 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 4,137 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

137 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We’re happy to announce that an option to choose between Windows 10 Native Notifications and Teams Notifications is included in our Dec 2020 Public Preview pack, and will be available to users who opt into Public Preview.

Please see feature details here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams-public-preview/now-in-public-preview-windows-10-native-notifications/m-p/1973102

You can learn more about the new Microsoft Teams Public Preview program here: https://aka.ms/TeamsPublicPreview, and Teams administrators can find documentation to manage which users will see the Public Preview option here: https://aka.ms/TeamsPublicPreviewAdmin

5. Italian subtitles

Hi to all. I use Teams a lot in smart working and I am satisfied with it. But I have a serious problem. I'm deaf so I need Italian subtitles in videochats. Unfortunately Teams provides English subtitles only. Would a beta version with Italian subtitles be feasible? (Microsoft owns Skype which already provides Italian subtitles). Thank you.

3,954 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

804 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add an option to disable auto-adjusting mic level

When on the call the Teams will automatically adjust the mic sensitivity level. I want it to stay at the same level. It's really annoying as it picks up background sounds when not talking. Also, it doesn't readjust it after the call, so i.e. if I had set level 50% before the call the Teams will readjust it to 80% and it will stay at 80% after the call has ended. This forces me to keep manually adjusting the mic level. It's a minor thing, but really infuriating. Would be really great, to just have a checkbox to disable mic…

3,851 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

764 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add live voting and polling to Teams Live Events

With other platforms, you can ask participants to vote and or answer polling questions during the meeting/event. I would like to see functionality such as that available in Teams Live Events (and actually in regular meetings too).

3,775 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

174 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Proofing tools (spell check, theasaurus, autocorrect)

One of the defining features of office down the years has been the proofing tools (i.e. Spell checker, theasaurus, autocorrect, grammar checker). I would love to see these come to Teams.

The way I envisage this working is as I'm typing a message the famous red/blue/green squigglies that we've all become familiar with should show up.

Most of all I'd like autocorrect (i.e. a spelling correction that I've used previously automatically gets applied as I type). Stretch goal for this, have a single set of autocorrects that work across all of Office 365, including the client apps.

Some people might…

3,761 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  375 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow users to customize away presence timeout

Allow users to customize away presence timeout like the options in the Skype client. Add: Show me inactive when my computer has been idle for this many minutes. Also Add: Change my status from inactive to Away after this many minutes.

3,657 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

363 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Export your conversations to a document.

it would nice to have the feature to export your conversation to a document such as a word document or excel or to a file alike. this would be Handy if you need to send out the conversations to someone who you would not normally have apart of your team. this would save time and make it more user friendly. Also it will give the opportunity to store the conversation easily in a nother file

3,536 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

435 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. group chat picture

Allow users to set pictures / display pictures to represent group chats so it is easier to differentiate them

3,539 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

422 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. outlook integrations for shifts

Once a user is assigned a schedule within shifts the schedule should sync to their outlook calendar.

It would also be nice to see Available shifts in outlook and be able to accept them (or at least link to the shift in teams to be able to accept)

3,479 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

473 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Toggle video camera mirroring on or off for Teams calls

ISSUE: Video feed is always mirrored during a Teams call, meaning that written text, such as on a whiteboard, is displayed incorrectly.
    SOLUTION: Provide a toggle option to not mirror the camera when in a video call.

3,358 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

818 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your continued feedback. The team is reviewing how best to address this issue and make this more user-friendly. Note: Your meeting attendees receive a non-mirrored video including the image of you and any text, whiteboards, etc. The image and video in your Call Monitor screen is shown to you only, as if you were looking in a mirror.

14. Allow user to block specific contacts while being able to stay Online for others.

Some users may need to be available for quick chat contact through Teams to other members of the team, but other users in the organization may take advantage of their online presence to bypass regular communication channels. Specifically, helpdesk support person needs a service ticket submitted before assisting someone, but must be available in Teams for consultation with other IT staff.

3,231 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

651 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make "Teams" and "Chat" the same Tab

There is no reason that Teams and Chat should be different top level categories in the left navigation. They are the same thing, perform exactly the same function, and making two different items simply confuses the navigation and makes badge notifications and discoverability much more difficult to use.

Please combine Chats into the Teams tab so that you can browse all conversations in one place rather than needing to navigate to different tabs to see different conversations.

Chats and channels perform essentially the same function, which is talk to some people and collaborate. Forcing the user to check two different…

3,213 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

440 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add functionality for simultaneous interpretation of audio/video meetings with human interpreters..

For meetings with participants who speak different languages, it would be great to enable an interpreter console feature, allowing participants to choose their preferred audio channel (language), and listen to the interpreter (a meeting participant who could be remotely connected) rendering into their language. How about an add-on app to do this?

3,206 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

735 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Assign multiple organizers on a Teams meeting

It would be great if Teams could allow us to assign multiple meeting organizers on a meeting because currently only the organizer can change the meeting option and close the meeting and the meeting can only have a single organizer. This is not convenient for our business.

3,151 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

401 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Reposition the control bar

allow the user to change the position of the control bar. It is positioned right where screen sharing occurs and you can't see the entire screen share

3,138 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

579 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add other Sharepoint document folders under Files

Please allow adding granular SharePoint document library subfolders to the Files tab. Currently, only the document library level can be added, not sub folders.

This allows adding content from related but separate SharePoint sites without having to provide the entire document library (which may contain irrelevant content to the Team)

3,119 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

387 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Share pointer while screen sharing

TeamViewer screen sharing has a nice feature to share pointer. So when other meeting participants wants to show the presenter something on screen, the presenter can see where they pointing. It's really useful feature.

3,099 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

366 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base