Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Backup, export, printing, archive options

Can Teams chat and activities data be exported, printed, archived, and backed up/restored? Within Sharepoint or elsewhere? This could be necessary for a few reasons both during projects and for historical records.

4,005 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

561 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This item is still under review. No new updates at this time.
    -Warren

2. Support to host a meeting in a Private Channel

Hi there, I've setup a private channel in a Team for supervisors only. I'd like to "host" the regular staff meeting in the private channel, but i can only select "public" channels. Can Microsoft add the ability to host Team meetings within a private channel?

3,889 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

591 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability for meeting participants to draw on shared screen

Participants in a a meeting with a shared screen should have the ability to draw (with their mouse or touch pen) on the shared screen. E.g. if a PowerPoint is being presented, participants would have their designated color to draw with (to distinguish who is drawing) and a mouse pointer in the same color. The could then point and draw for the other participants in the meeting to see. This would be similar to a whiteboard, only it would be for drawing on top of a shared screen.

3,804 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

435 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 3,766 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

111 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As the last status states, we have been testing for several months.  Although many people have asked for this feature, we received a similar amount of feedback from other users that they prefer the Teams notifications and don’t want them changed.  We are currently testing a feature for users to choose between Teams notifications & Windows notifications.

We will update you as work progresses.

5. Improve audio notifications

VOLUME: The sound is too low!! Most people don't think it's even on. Let us customize the sound level, please.

UNIQUE SOUNDS FOR CALLS VS CHATS/MESSAGES: Right now sounds are all or nothing. This is not good. For example, you may want to have sound for Calls but not for chat or messages. There is a difference when you need to hear that someone is calling you – versus getting the constant bing/bing/bing on message chat.

UNIQUE SOUND FOR PRIVATE CHAT: It would be nice to have different sounds for private chat and notifications, so that its easy to know…

3,702 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

616 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Change which Tab is default landing page for a Team and/or Channel

Right now the conversation tab is the default landing page for a Team and/or Channel.
    I want to be able to have a SharePoint site landing page in a tab and that tab be the default tab open when you navigate to a team or channel.

Think of it like a landing page for that team. You may not want it to drop right into Conversations. If you can have a SharePoint page with a Microsoft Teams conversations web part, you get the best of both worlds.
    I can see a lot of scenarios where you'd want the chat window…

3,688 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

497 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Teams Meeting organizer can force mute audio/video for attendees

Give meeting organizers the ability to force mute audio/video for all attendees in the meeting options page. Attendees should not be able to un-mute their audio/video with this option set.

3,406 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

375 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are currently testing the ‘hard audio mute’ feature internally. We will share an update as soon as one is available.

To view this item on the roadmap, please visit https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=Microsoft%20Teams&searchterms=66575.

For the separate feature ask to disable attendee video, please track and/or upvote this suggestions: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/40255927.

8. URL shortener for Teams

When using the "get link" option in teams it would be better to have an embedded link shortener. Pasting the link in email looks terrible.

3,393 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

302 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Proofing tools (spell check, theasaurus, autocorrect)

One of the defining features of office down the years has been the proofing tools (i.e. Spell checker, theasaurus, autocorrect, grammar checker). I would love to see these come to Teams.

The way I envisage this working is as I'm typing a message the famous red/blue/green squigglies that we've all become familiar with should show up.

Most of all I'd like autocorrect (i.e. a spelling correction that I've used previously automatically gets applied as I type). Stretch goal for this, have a single set of autocorrects that work across all of Office 365, including the client apps.

Some people might…

3,074 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

319 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi everyone, the engineer working on this item has left the company and we’re working on replacing him. I wanted to give you that heads up because the work has paused, which extends our shipping date.

I really appreciate your patience as we work to get this back to actively worked on.

Suphatra

10. outlook integrations for shifts

Once a user is assigned a schedule within shifts the schedule should sync to their outlook calendar.

It would also be nice to see Available shifts in outlook and be able to accept them (or at least link to the shift in teams to be able to accept)

2,883 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

381 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make "Teams" and "Chat" the same Tab

There is no reason that Teams and Chat should be different top level categories in the left navigation. They are the same thing, perform exactly the same function, and making two different items simply confuses the navigation and makes badge notifications and discoverability much more difficult to use.

Please combine Chats into the Teams tab so that you can browse all conversations in one place rather than needing to navigate to different tabs to see different conversations.

Chats and channels perform essentially the same function, which is talk to some people and collaborate. Forcing the user to check two different…

2,846 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

390 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Increase duration for desktop notifications

The channel/team on which the notification has been made should stay more/better/longer visible so that you won't miss one.

2,800 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

291 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Once support for Windows 10 native notifications is released, users who choose to use Windows notifications will be able to utilize Windows OS specific settings for the length of time to display notifications. Mac does not have an OS specific setting, so will not have the support.

13. Add other Sharepoint document folders under Files

Please allow adding granular SharePoint document library subfolders to the Files tab. Currently, only the document library level can be added, not sub folders.

This allows adding content from related but separate SharePoint sites without having to provide the entire document library (which may contain irrelevant content to the Team)

2,800 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

361 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow hyperlinking to network drive locations

While you are currently able to hyperlink to any https:// address, hyperlinks to \-mapped drives does not work. having the ability to do this would be a huge help for a company that has a sophisticated network drive setup for everyone to access

2,780 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

357 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Reposition the control bar

allow the user to change the position of the control bar. It is positioned right where screen sharing occurs and you can't see the entire screen share

2,742 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

521 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make "Follow this channel" the default setting.

Usual Microsoft lack of UI intuition.
    Channels should be followed by default with the user unfollowing it if they wish.

2,687 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

381 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add functionality for simultaneous interpretation of audio/video meetings with human interpreters..

For meetings with participants who speak different languages, it would be great to enable an interpreter console feature, allowing participants to choose their preferred audio channel (language), and listen to the interpreter (a meeting participant who could be remotely connected) rendering into their language. How about an add-on app to do this?

2,658 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

678 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow copying whole chat conversations

Currently, it's not possible to select & copy more than one message in a chat. When I try to select two or more messages, the focus stays on the first message making it impossible to copy whole chat.

There are some really ugly workarounds like: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Copying-conversations/td-p/62849 which I don't consider a solution of the situation.

I want to be able to select multiple messages at once and copy them by hitting CTRL+C.

2,574 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

343 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

Thank you for your suggestion! We really appreciate the feedback and idea. We have reviewed this request and started working on it. I’ll let you know as it nears completion.

Suphatra

19. Use same date and time format as in my computer's settings

Many people like to use English as their display language, but get confused with the US date format: 11/06 is October 6 in the US, but June 11 in many other countries. Why not display the date according to the setting in Windows?

Same goes for time, of course, where many use 24 hour format instead of am and pm.

2,565 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

253 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Unread message count on Chat, Teams, channels

Right now there is a unread message count badge on the Activity tab icon (I guess you only get that if you have followed any channels?). However I would much rather prefer if the badge was on the Chat and Teams tab icons so I can see where there is activity. Currently collapsed teams are also indicated having activity. Expanded teams should have the same indication.

Furthermore, the unread activity badge on both the Activity and the application icon count unread channels. I would prefer a message count.

2,545 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

89 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This item is still under review by the feature team. I have no details as to when a decision might happen.

-Warren

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base