Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reflection time is slow

Reflection time is slow, until it becomes searchable from admin center after team creation.
    After creating a group or team, it takes too long to be searchable in the admin center.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. open url

I cant open URLs in pdf or ppsx files on desktop Teams.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create a generic meeting test link for guests.

Please create a standing "test" meeting URL to allow non-Teams, guest users to test their system requirements in a meeting style prior to the meeting.
    All of the major online conferencing systems (Zoom, WebEx, GoToMeeting) publish a fixed test URL so that users can test their system and install prerequisites easily prior to the actual event.
    This is crucial when attempting to host a meeting in Teams but including external, guest participants who may not be familiar with Teams or particularly tech savvy. Depending on the audience we sometimes resort to scheduling the actual event meeting and then also hosting…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. How can I chat with someone else who has an account on teams but is not working with the same organisation in which I am working

I want to message a person who is not working with the same organisation in which I am working how can I do that

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I want to integrate the groups created in the management center as a team

I want to integrate the groups created in the management center as a team

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. About MC227199

The ability to disable the features implemented in MC227199 before the start of implementation is required

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Busy tone should come if user is already in other call

A busy tone should come if a user is already in another call and a call divert option should be there. Sometimes multiple calls come at a time, we should not allow the same.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Clicking on chat message notification banner should open pop-out chat window

Teams main Window is generally much slow to open for me, it may be due to all the enterprise security and related software. Hence, I click on a chat message notification, it takes about 10 seconds for Teams window to show with the Chat. It will be helpful if clicking on the notification opens that particular chat as a pop-out Window, it should load much faster than main Teams window. It is possible to reply on the notification itself, but quite often need to refer to earlier chat conversation or add a smiley that is not possible through notification reply…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Teams Automatic Microphone Detection

Many users end up in a meeting with "the wrong microphone".
    Teams should be able to detect what microphone has the strongest input and switch microphone (maybe a popup/suggestion) to the better one'

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Skype for business could call Papua New Guinean phone numbers, but it's not on the list of countries MS Teams permits.

Please reinstate international calls to Papua New Guinea in the Microsoft Teams calling plans. It is not one of the 196 countries on the list. Business for Skype permitted it, so I'm not sure why it is missing in Microsoft Teams. I call suppliers in Papua New Guinea regularly, but I'm losing my contact method because of the forced switch from Skype to MS Teams.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Highlight new/updated features

Mark added/updated features by making them bold for example, like it's the case with unread activities.

What's New may not always contain some of the new deployed functionality, this way the end user is notified in a more direct way.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Auto Translate Inbuilt in Microsoft Teams

I was just thinking that MS Teams should have a feature which should have auto-translate in build….. meaning…if three people are in a meeting and one is comfortable speaking German,one Hindi and another French, then the german can communicate in that language but I at my end should be able to select the language I want to hear the conversation in….so if I select Hindi, I hear the german and french comments in Hindi and they can hear my comments in German and French basis whichever language they are comfortable in

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. status(contacts & my) not refreshing during network disconnection and reconnection

status'es(contacts & my) not refreshing during network disconnection and reconnnection.

It's showing no status at all. white circle.

I'm using windows 64 bit latest app.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Focus Layout on iOS

Please allow focus layout on iOS. The recent change to always show participants across the bottom takes up too much space. I frequently punch to zoom but it is like looking through a magnifying glass without making use of the whole screen. Perhaps an alternative is to automatically drop the participants when you zoom.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I don't want my chat history to remain with people who join the meeting anonymously

I'd like to see a feature that would allow chats conducted anonymously in a meeting to not remain on the other side when the meeting ends, or to be deleted at will.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Do no ask to discard a message if there was no change

It makes no sense to ask to discard a message if there was no change. You can add a flag to validate this.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow adding a GIF/ Video as a background

It could be cool, if a user was able to add a gif or a video to a video chat background.
    This would be usable for breaking the ice in a meeting, for just making the background more lively than an image would be able to.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow adding a GIF/ Video as a background

It could be cool, if a user was able to add a gif or a video to a video chat background.
    This would be usable for breaking the ice in a meeting, for just making the background more lively than an image would be able to.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Third party Video Interop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Mb zəyflitir

Mb gedr proqramda

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base