Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. To know the status of the message from the history

We don't have a feature to remind/to know the status for one of the old messages which we had in one to one conversation. We have this feature in Slack. This will avoid retying and can remind them that we have already informed them earlier. In that way, they can think that as a follow up message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. combining shedules from different channels under a team

I think it would be helpful if schedules can be combined from different channels and appear on calendar so all team members can see the combined schedule

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show all conversation history when viewing a document

We have been using Teams for about 12 months and have just run into an potential issue regarding conversation history linked to documents. We had a conversation ongoing which was started from the Conversations tab with a document linked to it. When the document was opened, all the conversation history was visible in the Conversation pane on the right hand side in Teams. A colleague then started a separate conversation for which the same document was relevant and linked the same document to the new conversation. Upon opening the document in Teams, only the new conversation is visible and the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Why can't you upload more than 10 files at once?

This makes it much more difficult to work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Wiki Usage metrics

It'd be great to be able to view the number of viewers of a wiki to be able to use it as a newsletter, and monitor success. Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. no need to show conversation details on chat page

not show the conversation details on chat page. just like skype, show name only for private purpose.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Office 365 Business IM communication software need to be more secure!

As for my experience, Microsoft Team is not secure than skype for business because Microsoft Team can easily log in using personal account rather than skype for business will force you to use domain account but either of this two is still not enough for a business that looking for security safety on their informations leakage.

I'm suggesting that IM communication software like Microsoft Team if Microsoft really want to introduce this app as for their mainstream communication software it should be implement "admin control" wich the software it self has a admin login option (use owner account to identify…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow the posibility to do a mention to the whole chat with "@chatname"

On the current teams version you can do something like "@username" and that send something like special notification to that user, the feature I want is the posibility to do "@chatname" and send that special notification to everyone something like special message mode

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Need better support to dial out to another phone #

Use case... I work where the internet connection isn't always stellar (for example a starbucks, Panera, using a broadband connection). I do business calls with screen sharing. When someone calls me through TEAMS, I'd like to have the application automatically dial out to my cell phone (I'll answer), and then I'll do screen sharing through my desktop computer. There also needs to be an option to dial out to another phone that is easily accessible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Microsoft team vs. Share Point

I'm wondering if we can use Microsoft team to function like Share Point. There are a lot of similarities and we tend to switch file share from Share Point to Team. However, I found the files uploaded at Microsoft Team cannot be organized as on Share Point. I would like to add more category to each file so they can be easily filter to search. Is there any suggestions? Thank you very much!

Xin Yang (Ingredion)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Use Cascadia Code for code snippets

The current font stack starts with Menlo and includes Consolas. With the release of Cascadia Code, it would be nice to have it included in the font stack and before Consolas (maybe even first) for users who have the font installed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Azure DevOps Connector for tracking SINGLE work item.

Allow filtering for Azure DevOps connectors for work items. We would like to configure a connector for Azure DevOps work items where you can filter it down to a specific work item. Example "We want to track just Epic A, and ignore changes to Epics B, C, D, etc...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Support for sharing document's with Skype users outside the organisation.

The ability to share documents with users from other organisations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I want to be able to set the user who does / does not notify the channel

The current channel notification settings are only for individual channels or for individual users.
    If users can be notified / not notified from the team and channel settings, it is possible to avoid unnecessary notifications and to notify only users who need notifications.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Exclude notification

need a feature to be able to exclude people from receiving some of the msgs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add option to record snippets with audio as optional.

This would allow for giving brief how-to instructions, with voice optional.

These mini-videos could give somebody quick guidance on how to, for example, export files, without having to type the steps out.

Also, please add standalone voice messaging through PC's. This would save us from having to type long winded explanations out.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Alteryx Integration

Better integration with publishing to Microsoft teams to a Teams site from Alyteryx. Permissions has been a huge challenge when publishing to Teams from a scheduler.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Dollar Sign / Money React

Add a dollar sign or "money" react function in addition to the thumbs up, heart, etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to show historical calls on calendar

Because this will show:
    1. How can the flow of work break
    2. Allow you to easily back-track of what's your actual 'spare time' to actually work out of calls
    3. Log easily

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base