Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. App notifications should not be driven by individual events

They need to be debounced. If 5 people are chatting in a chat which you are a part of, it can very easily be the case that any one isolated message to that chat should make your phone ding, but that when all of the other 4 are conversing about some other topic you do not need constant dings every 2 seconds. People who are using teams to operate a nuclear reactor can opt in to that sort of thing, maybe, but your average user doesn't need more than one beep for every thread that has an update that they…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It’s useless. It is creating more issues in corporate work. This is more of a social media platform

It’s useless. It is creating more issues in corporate work. This is more of a social media platform copy cat. Finding a thread or a conversation has become nonsense

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Lifesize integration boosts adoption of Microsoft Teams

Microsoft Teams is the next evolution of communication within the Microsoft Office 365® platform and the Lifesize integration seamlessly makes it even better with unmatched video conferencing technologies from within the Teams app. See how the Lifesize integration boosts adoption of Microsoft Teams and empowers employees to be more effective and engaging by combining industry leading video conferencing from Lifesize with the best elements of Microsoft Teams. Together you get an extraordinary collaboration tool that is the best of both worlds.

When will this become available - I cannot see it in the Teams store at the moment!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Teams section and notifications

It is not easy on the eyes to follow the replyes on threads and new messages in teams section. Notifications disappear to quick

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Function to allow exporting of an Index for Folder and document hierarchy.

The function would provide an index for a Team's file hierarchy and structure, including where each document and it's folder address are spit out. Our storage guru at my firm has found this to be a useful tool in organizing things folders on the network / data rooms as you can more easily view the files in one place. He says that at his old firm, this document indexing capability was available through their server system storage provider. This function would also allow us to use Teams as more than a collaboration tool, but could enable us to use it…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Team Members - Ability to Add by Role at Scale / Trust

For a company like mine, it is important to be able to establish a role for a Team Member prior simply Adding and clicking Close on Add Members model window. Equally important when I add more than 2 team members I'd like the ability to assign roles in bulk.

Ideation attached.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Need a schedule a meeting button on top header next to new chat

We need the ability to create a new meeting from anywhere in teams just like we can create a new chat from the icon on the left of the search, add a button to create new meeting

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add a Duck emoji! I mean... how can i use a phrase like ' all my ducks in a row' without actual ducks!

Add a Duck emoji! I mean... how can i use a phrase like ' all my ducks in a row' without actual ducks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Filter out Messages that have been replied to

Looking for the ability to see only messages in a teams channel that have not been replied to. We rely heavily on teams as a way to track items. It would be handy to have a way to show our other coworkers what still needs to be done.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make it have notifications

Can it have notifications when a new posting is made

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. A way to add lots of people easily

Can we have a way to more quickly add members to a team? the current way is very manual, which doesn't work for large teams (40, 50, 100 people). could we import a CSV file?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. LINEスケジュールに相当する機能

複数候補日をしていして、参加・不参加・未定を投票してもらう

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please, can you add more than 15 conversations to keep it?

Hi,
    If you can add he number of conversations to stick will be really usefull

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make teams or channels publicly visible. Similar to Github

As a teacher I would like to make teams or channels publicly visible. Similar to Github, you could make teaching series and content available to other teachers. You should then be able to duplicate these teams/channels and another teacher could adapt and improve this course. This feature would give us as a community of teachers a chance to make our material better and better like in Github.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Should be possible to report errors/bugs, ideally as one of the icons that pops up when pressing the help icon (down to the left in Teams)

Wished to report an error, but didnt find anythin imediatley in the teams interphase.Should be possible to reaport errors, ideally as one of the icons that pops up when pressing the help icon

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Web tab do not send accept-language header. I watch site for optimisation language never.

I want ja-jp site. but I watch site for english(default).
    Because web tab do not send accept-language header.

I need change web tab specification.you should change send accept-language header from Teams user setting language.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Navigating discussions is messy. As a guest I can’t edit or delete my comments.

Discussions should work like any other forum, Linked In, Stack Overflow, or Facebook.

Make comments editable for all users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base