Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams is not working suddenly on my laptop, please contact me soon need your help. +919731896607

Teams is not working suddenly on my laptop, please contact me soon need your help. +919731896607

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Interoperability with Cisco Unity for voice messaging

Key requirement for our company is to allow voice messages to be exchanged between users on Cisco vs Teams platform. For example a broadcast message sent from Unity to be delivered to multiple users Teams/Exchange, and 1:1 voice messages to be exchanged between users on Cisco CUCM/Unity and Teams/Exchange. Will be a critical factor to enable widescale Teams migration. Is there any prospect of this natively or with a 3rd party tool?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Delete Teams off the face of the earth and let Slack do what it does best!

Delete Teams off the face of the earth and let Slack do what it does best!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Some USB camera/speaker/mic combo lead to 1 min pause opun plug in on macOS

Immediately following plugging in a Logitech Meetup camera, latest Teams on macOS 10.14 and 10.15 both spend approximately 1 minute in a non-responsive state, where no pointer clicks or keyboard input are registered. After about 1 minute, the situation times out and the software behaves normally.
    This seems to have started in the last months of 2019- it has not always been this way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. we added a people to chat and at the end i want the random chat head in to a particular group

we have added people and have conversation , and i end i want to convert that chat head in to teams group

so if there was a option for that would be great

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. This is just a Thank You to the Team behind Teams!

You have a very happy customer! My colleague, a medical doctor by training, is currently seting up an NGO, on which I am a board member. We were using google drive for our collaboration before I got us on Office 365 mail. She discovered Teams all on her own, and for the past 2-3 months she has become so proficient with it. She loves the tool, and today sent out an email to the board that we are moving all our documents to Teams; makes me so happy!
    Here is a brief note she sent to the board:
    "We are…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Move the popup emoticons to the right

The pop emoticons are now presented direct on the message, sometimes it gets misclicked. My advise is to move the to the right site (a lot of blank space)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. How about end this practice of begging for feedback?

It's coutnerproductive anyway because you cannot control the source of data and most of all it's annoying. I always leave negative feedbacks to prove it, regardless if I like it or not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sortierung Studenten Bug bei viele Unicode Buchstaben

Namen wie Šimon werden nicht richtig sortiert. Sie erscheinen nach Zacharias und nicht direkt nach Simon. Ist heutzutage wirklich unnötig

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Pop-up message describing probable error occurring

While downloading a PowerPoint file in Microsoft team,noticed that it was not downloading it due to the special character present in the naming convention of the file name.It was having an apostrophe in it.Once I removed the apostrophe ,the file was able to get downloaded.My question is, Do we have any way that teams can prompt a message for the possible error due to which the file is unable to get downloaded?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. conversation icon should be blue when conversation tab is open in the file

the conversation icon remains the same color whether conversation is open or closed in teams. it is better if it is turned blue when it is open so that it is easy to locate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add the option to remove the create new team button.

add the ability to turn off creating new teams once admins set it up. or one that doesnt included disabling all office 365 group creations and requiring a P1 license to create a group by admins.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. True Collaboration externally

Remove the Changing Orgs in the Top right, and Rather move the external Org's you have been added to into the Teams channel as its extremely frustrating when working with different Orgs on projects I have to keep swapping Orgs cutting out all communication from the last one I was logged into

Please see Attached Picture. This is extremely annoying if you work with multiple different orgs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Give the Owners of a Private team the option to give Members the ability to add Members without making them Owners.

Currently only Owners can add Members to a Private team. When there are many channels, members seem to increase and Owners are constantly adding new Members suggested by current Members. It would be nice if the Owners had the option under Manage team to give the ability to Members to add Members. This way the Owners don't have to do all the Member maintenance. The team would still be private since no one could join without a Member adding them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. UI needs redesign

The Teams UI has a lot of whitespace, making the app very ugly to look at. Especially on a big 4k monitor. Why should posts be center-aligned ? Who designs a UI like that in 2019/2020? This reminds me of ugly fake-3D artifacts in old visual studio.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Go to Date Feature in Chat Messages similar to Ctrl-G in Outlook Calendar

Ability to go back to a specific date in the Chat Messages without much scrolling, particularly due to the amount of time to load older messages

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. File status

Last modified by and currently being modified by (if its being edited by anyone) buttons in front of files will be helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base