Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Search for uppercase users in lowercase

Because some user names cannot be searched for in lowercase letters, make sure that user names in uppercase can be searched in lowercase letters.
    This function allows you to search for users more smoothly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide Replacement for Lync SDK "Communicator Extension Window" of SfB in Teams (For Developers)

Teams have tabs, but they do not have the same contexual capabilities as the Communicator Extension Window that was present in Lync/SfB clients. That SDK was able to participate in a conversation and allowed third part apps to layer own UI. Additionally when used with a web server, it was possible to load context aware applications that could receive and send messages in the Extension window.

The Teams client is lacking all these features

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. delete microsoft teams function

delete microsoft teams from my pc and remove all messages and email it send to annoy me as i don't want it but seems it cannot be removed. Another annoying and forced "feature"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. New permission to allow members to add new members

As a channel owner, I would like to allow members of the channel to invite other members to the private channel as needed without making them an owner, so that channels without strict member permissions I can allow other members to self select who should be in the channel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Reply in ms team channel should have feature of reminder

I have lot of post and responds in the team channel, there are some agreed senario with timelines, which we dont want to put in planner. If there is option to set an reminder for the reply to popup in stipulated time would help in tracking/managing better.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add personnel to shift that are not on org (temp staff or pending credentials)

It seems if new personnel are not on org, they cannot be assigned a shift that's in an open post. It would be nice to be able to assign temps or people waiting for credential setup to a shift that's open.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. What a bloated piece of garbage

Before adding new features, debloat this mess, and make it more user friendly. I have to click 3/4 times just to get to certain text formatting options? Who on earth approved that....yet sending youtube clips is 1 click away?

Clean house, hire the slack people to get this thing moving in the right direction, or just straight up buy them out and rebrand it. But, if you do, don't change anything. Because you have a tendency to take perfect programs and bloat them up again to un-usable levels.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Facilitar a identificaçao das novas mensagens colocando as novas mensagens sempre no topo da mesma pagina independente de ser chat, equipe..

Simplificar a identificaçao das mensagens novas apresentando-as no topo da mesma janela sendo chat ou seja conversa equipe.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sort ability and change view to list from tiles

in the Apps page it would be nice if I could sort the apps based on Name, Date, etc. Currently, it is just a spaghetti bowl of tiles without any order and it is hard to find anything.
    It would also be super if I could change the view from tiles to list and sort it in list view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Have conversations drop off activity feed after a set time period.

I would like conversations to drop off of the activity side bar after a set amount of time. I have a lot of people that might message me but I would not need to have further discussion with that person. instead of manually hiding each conversation I would like it to drop off after a configurable amount of time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ask before installing Teams on my laptop.

I don't want Microsoft to install Teams without my say so and I certainly don't want it automatically opening when I switch my laptop on. Stop forcing software on people!!
    Also stop forcing me to agree to terms whereby you can inform me of product decisions and product updates!!! No doubt opting out of this will be the hardest thing in the world to work out how to do!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Private channel with readership to all

We are looking forward to have a restricted channel in a team, in which messages can be posted by only a few people but it should be viewed by all. The basic idea is to have announcements by some people, which is beneficial for the whole organisation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Quick action: Conférence now

On iOS, add quick action « Conference Now » when touching and holding the app icon (same as Skype for Business, see attachment)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Support for feedback in classroom

It will be useful for me to give feedback for formative assesment in this style: https://www.floopedu.com/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Iam Admin ,how to control our teams user video size.

How to control our participate video and video size by admin

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I want to move a file immediately after editing/closing.

Teams currently locks the file and I have to go back 5 min later (if I remember). This makes reorganizing a huge hassle. If Box can do it, so can Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I don't see a way to simply bring up a dialpad, enter a phone number and dial it

In Skype for Business, I could simply bring up a dialpad, enter any phone number and place a call, regardless of whether or not they are in my contacts. That is what I want in Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Focus lock when multiple people editing the same excel and on a conference call .

When on a conference call , and multiple people are editing the same excel , an option to focus lock on cells for the primary editor can be option to be provided.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base